Skip to main content

GIVE AWAY

Yep!  I'm giving away something...but you'll have to just keep reading to find out what it is!  Hee hee!

It's been another long and busy week.  I didn't think it would be now that the Christmas program and our staff party was over.  But it was still busy.  Mainly because I'm a procrastinator and so is a friend of mine so we ended up having last minute things for work to do.  And the shopping we do together needed done as well.  So Mon I left my house at 8:15am and got home...like 12:45am.  Tues I left shortly after 8:00am and got home right before midnight.  I did get home a little earlier last night but it was still a busy night and I didn't feel good.  It was a good week.  Just busy.  And Tues. night didn't go as planned but the outcome was probably better than what I had hoped for.  No need to go into details.  I just feel much better about some things. 

I have a TON of Christmas wrapping to do.  But since I got home this evening, all I've done is enjoyed the fact that I was home earlier.  And now I'm watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  I love this movie!!!!  So I'm thinking once I'm done with this, I'm going to curl up in my big chair and keep watching Christmas movies.  I'll get the wrapping done tomorrow...I have to!

~Day 23: Favorite Christmas Memory~
Hmmmmm....I don't know.  I've got lots of good Christmas memories!  Christmas at my house was always fun!  I think my favorite is of my dad though.  Every Christmas eve he'd take this Santa and reindeer cheap decoration Mom had (she only kept it cause I loved it...she still has it) and bring it into my room.  And as he was tucking me into bed, we'd sit on the bed and sing Christmas carols while Dad would move this crazy thing through the air!  I always had so much fun!!!  And if Mom was busy somewhere else in the house, he'd let me jump on my bed while we sang!!  (She only caught me once or twice!)

OK.  Now to the Give-Away!!!  Remember I mentioned reading the Christmas books by Max Lucado?  Well since I mentioned them a few weeks back, I've been hunting for all 3 to give away and I found them tonight!!!  "An Angel's Story."  "The Christmas Candle."  "The Christmas Child."  And I'm giving the collection away!!!  So keep commenting.  For every comment you've made on any of my blog posts from the 25 Days of Christmas challenge, I'll put into the mix and pick out a name sometime on Christmas.  I know...Christmas will be over by time the winner gets the book.  But you can save it for next year or go ahead and read them!!  They're so good!!  And I want someone else to enjoy them like I do!!!  So keep commenting...LOTS.  You've got time!!!  Even go back and comment on past posts!  I'll count every comment!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Lots of Names

Well, this is my fourth Friday in my apartment!!! It really does feel like home for the most part!!! Tera helped me...wait...I take that back. Tera MOVED my swing and table from mom and dad's a few weeks ago and so that is now on my deck! I love it!! Although, I have to admit that I haven't been home too much to enjoy it but at least I know it's there. Hopefully I'll get the chance to relax on my swing this weekend. I set my smoke alarm off the other night! That was funny! I was cooking a chicken patty and some fries in the oven. All of a sudden I hear this loud beeping! Of course once I realized it was the smoke alarm, I ran into the kitchen. Everything was good in there! Food was cooking just fine! Apparently it just got too hot in here for the smoke alarm. The funny part though is me standing on the chair trying to figure out why the alarm won't quit chirping every 45 seconds...even after I took out the battery! So after a text to the landlords (who laughed), I r...

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Question Meme 01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Nope.  Unless you count my job as a serious relationship. 02) What was your dream growing up? To be a teacher.  Get married.  Have a dog!  :-) 03) What talent do you wish you had? Play the piano well.  I'm currently working on that.  04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Strawberry lemonade 05) Favorite vegetable? Green beans.  06) What was the last book you read? I'll be finishing Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury today then starting Listen later on this evening.  07) What zodiac sign are you? Virgo 08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. Just ears 09) Worst Habit? Today???  :-)  Overanalyzing things.  10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? Depends on who you are.  11) What is your favorite sport? Basketball.  Can't play it but love watching it.  And of cours...