I think I almost always end up catching up!!! Things were even busier than I planned for them to be this week. We had our Christmas program. Staff Christmas party. Surprise state inspection. And work, work, and more work. So I do apologize. I'm behind on pretty much everything in life (except shopping...most of that has been done thank goodness). But I'm going to try to catch up. TRY!
~Day 14: Your favorite food at Christmas...not a baked good.~
Hands down it's Mom's ham. The woman makes amazing ham!!! The staff at work can attest to that...since she makes one for our staff party every year. They are just so delicious! I actually have some left over from the party last night that I'll be having for lunch today!
On Day 14 of my challenge, my Mom and Dad celebrated 36 years of marriage!!!
~Day 15: Do you wrap or put presents in gift bags?~
I wrap whenever possible. I love wrapping! It's kind of a crafty thing for me. Plus, I LOVE watching people unwrap presents. It's so much fun to see the look on their face. And hopefully it's a good look...hopefully I got them something they wanted and needed. I try to spend time thinking about what I want to get people. I hate rushing and buying presents. I want to spend the time. There's nothing wrong with sticking a gift in a bag. I do that sometimes too. But for me, just spending the time wrapping adds meaning to the gift. I doubt that makes sense to all of you but it does to me.
~Day 16: If you have siblings, do you buy presents for each other?~
I do have siblings. But I didn't grow up with them and we don't really celebrate the holidays together. So we don't exchange gifts at all.
~Day 17: Favorite picture of snow~
I don't think this is my favorite picture of snow but this is from this past winter...which was the first winter in this apartment with my deck! And yep, that's a ruler...in the snow. The snow was pretty...for like a minute...until I had to start shoveling and we were having to clean off cars and all of that!!! If it would just snow on the grass and trees, I'd love snow!!! But since snow seems to always find it's way to my car, the roads, sidewalks and my deck, I'm not a huge fan!
~Day 18: Favorite family Christmas tradition~
Hmmm...I love riding around on Christmas Eve looking at Christmas lights! I love Christmas lights!!!! I love spending Christmas day in our jammies (we all do it). And I love always going to a Christmas Eve service. For the few years that I went to a different church than Mom and Dad, Mom always went to the service at my church with me and then I went with them to theirs. We're all back to the same church now but we'll still be going to our Christmas Eve service. It's the little things like that that are always the same that I just love!!!
~Day 14: Your favorite food at Christmas...not a baked good.~
Hands down it's Mom's ham. The woman makes amazing ham!!! The staff at work can attest to that...since she makes one for our staff party every year. They are just so delicious! I actually have some left over from the party last night that I'll be having for lunch today!
On Day 14 of my challenge, my Mom and Dad celebrated 36 years of marriage!!!
~Day 15: Do you wrap or put presents in gift bags?~
I wrap whenever possible. I love wrapping! It's kind of a crafty thing for me. Plus, I LOVE watching people unwrap presents. It's so much fun to see the look on their face. And hopefully it's a good look...hopefully I got them something they wanted and needed. I try to spend time thinking about what I want to get people. I hate rushing and buying presents. I want to spend the time. There's nothing wrong with sticking a gift in a bag. I do that sometimes too. But for me, just spending the time wrapping adds meaning to the gift. I doubt that makes sense to all of you but it does to me.
~Day 16: If you have siblings, do you buy presents for each other?~
I do have siblings. But I didn't grow up with them and we don't really celebrate the holidays together. So we don't exchange gifts at all.
~Day 17: Favorite picture of snow~
I don't think this is my favorite picture of snow but this is from this past winter...which was the first winter in this apartment with my deck! And yep, that's a ruler...in the snow. The snow was pretty...for like a minute...until I had to start shoveling and we were having to clean off cars and all of that!!! If it would just snow on the grass and trees, I'd love snow!!! But since snow seems to always find it's way to my car, the roads, sidewalks and my deck, I'm not a huge fan!
~Day 18: Favorite family Christmas tradition~
Hmmm...I love riding around on Christmas Eve looking at Christmas lights! I love Christmas lights!!!! I love spending Christmas day in our jammies (we all do it). And I love always going to a Christmas Eve service. For the few years that I went to a different church than Mom and Dad, Mom always went to the service at my church with me and then I went with them to theirs. We're all back to the same church now but we'll still be going to our Christmas Eve service. It's the little things like that that are always the same that I just love!!!

Comments