Christmas is almost here!!!! Isn't that exciting???? I may be 32 but I LOVE Christmas!!! I love just laying around the house with Mom and Dad. No agenda. Christmas dinner in jammies. It's good stuff really!!! Oh and the food! I've got to get the mac 'n cheese ready today along with the green bean casserole. And I think I may even make a cake!!! Mom is making the ham and the corn casserole (yummy). She also makes these pickle things (there's got to be a real name for them but that's what we call them). Those are so good!!! And if I'm lucky, she'll make some of her baked beans! I got some Panera bagels for breakfast! Yum!!! Christmas at the Lamberts!! I'm excited!!!
I do have tons of wrapping to do today. Tons. I haven't really wrapped anything. So all of that needs done...and clearly, I'm just sitting here on my couch writing to all of you (OK...there's probably only one or two of you reading). I'm sitting here thinking bacon and cinnamon toast sounds delicious. And a reason to put this wrapping on hold! I love to wrap. I just know I have tons to wrap.
I'm looking forward to church tonight. I love Christmas Eve services. I think we've only missed maybe a handful in my 32 years of life. Keagen is going to be in the service tonight. I can't wait to see. I'll have to take the camera! Is it rude to take pics during the Christmas Eve service???? Hmmm...
I forgot to mention yesterday how much I'm missing Dawn!!! She's one of the girls that used to work with us at the daycare. Her last day was on Wed. She's got the little girl Layken who just makes my day. We've had quite a few girls leave over the last year...not because they don't love it. We just haven't been able to give full time hours to a lot of the part time girls. And then a few people have been given some amazing opportunities in bigger places. Dawn was one of our part time girls who just needed more hours and we couldn't give them to her. She wanted to stay and work for us in the afternoon but she offered a full time position at another daycare so she had to take it. We don't blame her at all. And I knew I wouldn't like her leaving. She makes us smile and laugh. The kids adore her. But I didn't realize it would be as hard as it was. She's only 20 but I feel like we've watched her grow up. She was a high school student when she started. Then she had to tell us she was pregnant (she didn't want to tell me...she was scared). Then we watched her become a mother and adjust to how different life really is. I hate to see her go. I really do. I did OK until Layken gave me a kiss and a hug and said "I wuv ew." Oh. Melted my heart. I know they'll be in to visit...and probably more than other people have. Her best friend still works there! But I also know things will still be different.
~Day 24: Did you get to open any presents on Christmas Eve as a child?~
Oh yes!!! Always one small one! Usually something like jammies but I didn't care! I was excited!!! And since we spent Christmas Eve with Mom's family, I usually got to open any presents I got there. I still get to open a present on Christmas Eve if I want. I'm kind of excited to see if I get to tonight! I'm just a big kid!!!
I thought since tomorrow is Christmas, I'll share some Christmas music with you. Plus, I'm sitting here listening to sirens. I've heard them several times this morning and my thought is that people are out acting crazy trying to get last minute gifts. And yes, I understand there's a reason a lot of them didn't get a chance to shop until today. But at the same time, I just say to myself "slow down." It's Christmas, people!!! Respect the people stuck working in the store. Quit shoving and pushing the people who are taking their time. And slow down driving!! Presents aren't more important than people.
I do have tons of wrapping to do today. Tons. I haven't really wrapped anything. So all of that needs done...and clearly, I'm just sitting here on my couch writing to all of you (OK...there's probably only one or two of you reading). I'm sitting here thinking bacon and cinnamon toast sounds delicious. And a reason to put this wrapping on hold! I love to wrap. I just know I have tons to wrap.
I'm looking forward to church tonight. I love Christmas Eve services. I think we've only missed maybe a handful in my 32 years of life. Keagen is going to be in the service tonight. I can't wait to see. I'll have to take the camera! Is it rude to take pics during the Christmas Eve service???? Hmmm...
I forgot to mention yesterday how much I'm missing Dawn!!! She's one of the girls that used to work with us at the daycare. Her last day was on Wed. She's got the little girl Layken who just makes my day. We've had quite a few girls leave over the last year...not because they don't love it. We just haven't been able to give full time hours to a lot of the part time girls. And then a few people have been given some amazing opportunities in bigger places. Dawn was one of our part time girls who just needed more hours and we couldn't give them to her. She wanted to stay and work for us in the afternoon but she offered a full time position at another daycare so she had to take it. We don't blame her at all. And I knew I wouldn't like her leaving. She makes us smile and laugh. The kids adore her. But I didn't realize it would be as hard as it was. She's only 20 but I feel like we've watched her grow up. She was a high school student when she started. Then she had to tell us she was pregnant (she didn't want to tell me...she was scared). Then we watched her become a mother and adjust to how different life really is. I hate to see her go. I really do. I did OK until Layken gave me a kiss and a hug and said "I wuv ew." Oh. Melted my heart. I know they'll be in to visit...and probably more than other people have. Her best friend still works there! But I also know things will still be different.
~Day 24: Did you get to open any presents on Christmas Eve as a child?~
Oh yes!!! Always one small one! Usually something like jammies but I didn't care! I was excited!!! And since we spent Christmas Eve with Mom's family, I usually got to open any presents I got there. I still get to open a present on Christmas Eve if I want. I'm kind of excited to see if I get to tonight! I'm just a big kid!!!
I thought since tomorrow is Christmas, I'll share some Christmas music with you. Plus, I'm sitting here listening to sirens. I've heard them several times this morning and my thought is that people are out acting crazy trying to get last minute gifts. And yes, I understand there's a reason a lot of them didn't get a chance to shop until today. But at the same time, I just say to myself "slow down." It's Christmas, people!!! Respect the people stuck working in the store. Quit shoving and pushing the people who are taking their time. And slow down driving!! Presents aren't more important than people.
Comments