Skip to main content

The Day After...

Well, it's the day after Christmas.  Some of you may still have celebrating to do.  Bless your hearts!!!  I can't say I'm really tired though because as I've pointed out before, Christmas at the Lambert's is pretty laid back!  But I am glad that I don't have any celebrations today.  I just want to relax and watch some tv today.  I did do some shopping this morning.  I got up early to enjoy some of the good deals out there.  The main thing I wanted to get was a new Christmas tree.  I like my white one.  Don't get me wrong.  It's just time for a new one.  I said I was going to get rid of this white one but as I sit here looking at it, I'm not so sure.  I did get a green one though.  Nothing too big.  I don't need anything big for my apartment.  It looks perfect for me.  And it was 50% off!!  WOO HOO!!!  I saw some much bigger ones...even better deals but I knew they'd be too much for the space I have.  And who knows...if I come across a better one next year, then I'll get a different one and give this new one to a family in need.  I also got some wrapping paper and boxes all half off!  So I don't need to buy any of that for next year!  I got containers and trays for baked goods next year too!  All of that is taken care of a year in advance! 

It's hard to believe though that Christmas is here and gone already.  And I'll be spending this week taking done all of the decorations (except the Ohio State stuff...that has to stay up until after the game on the 4th).  I'm not going to touch any of the decorations today but starting tomorrow, things will start to go back to normal.  It's time though.  It's been up since the weekend after Christmas.  And I do love it!!  Keeps me in the Christmas spirit!  But it's time for it to come down and for my livingroom to get back to normal.  (Actually, the livingroom may get a little change but that's beside the point!)

Yes.  I still have a little Christmas celebrating to do.  We'll celebrate with the Rex's on Tues. evening.  WOO HOO!!!  This is going to be a little quieter...and quicker than normal.  But Judy has surgery on the 3rd.  So we just want to all spend some time together before that.  I get to spend time with the amazing Sarah tomorrow!!!  I wouldn't call it a Christmas celebration.  We're just getting some time together...that hasn't happened since we went to Gatlinburg in July!!!  So lunch and a movie for us!!!  And I still need to spend some time with my best friend at some point this week.  I've got her gift under my tree!!!  So there's still little things here and there that will fill up some time this week but all of my major celebrating is over. 

And yes, I'm working this week.  Not too hard and not too much.  But we've got things to get done.  We're switching over computers so I need to do that.  And get to work on end of the year statements for all of the parents.  Most of it's done but I do get behind this time of year with the Christmas program and all of that.  Plus I always go back through and make sure I have everything.  That's probably the hardest part!  I actually brought some of it home with me to do some work here as well.  I know...sounds boring but I honestly don't mind.  If I did, I wouldn't do it! 

And as always, I have a Year in Review video to work on.  I've got some ideas.  So I'll be slowly working on that this week so it's ready for the end of the year.  I can't remember when I finally finished last year's.  But my goal is for it to be ready by New Year's.  So I may actually start on that tonight!!!  I'd also like to do some type of letter this year about 2010 that I'll either put on my blog or email out to people.  I haven't decided how it will work yet.  We'll see. 

For now, I'm going to curl up under a blanket and enjoy this new Blu-Ray player I got!!!  I rented my first movie off of it but fell asleep before I could finish it last night.  So I'm going to go finish watching that! 

Comments

CountessLaurie said…
Now, don't you be throwing away that white christmas tree? i have a porch it would look lovely on. Just let me know when you are ready to ship it and i will send you a UPS label :-)
Deidra Faith said…
Laurie, if you're serious, its all yours! It really is just gonna end up in the trash otherwise!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Friday Follow

How come when it's time to do the Friday Follow, I have nothing interesting to say??? Hmmmm...it's been a long week.  Days where things just didn't make sense.  Lots I need to process.  It's possible that all of my thinking will lead to a great post this weekend.  But for now, I just hope all of you new visitors find something interesting to read from other posts here.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend doing some thinking, relaxing, watching movies and checking out new blogs!  Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, right?  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

New Cards!!!

So between resting this weekend (cause my allergies kicked my butt...especially yesterday), I worked on making some cards.  It's been SO long since I've actually spent time doing something like this and I LOVE making cards!  So I wanted to share them with you.  I made 20 cards total.  2 each of 10 designs.  So now there's two sets of friendship cards.  I think I'm going to try to sell one set.  Then I think give the other set away.  I'm just not sure how.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking if you leave a comment about the cards you'll be entered to win.  If you buy one set of cards, you'll also be entered to win.  Hows that sound?