I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!! I know I sure did!! Church with Mom and Dad in the morning and then we headed to the Rex's for the afternoon. I love my time with the Rex's. They really are our family! It's hard to believe that the girls I met 11 years ago are still in my life...and growing up!!!
As I was sitting in church yesterday with Mom and Dad, the phrase "There's no place like home" kept popping into my head. And not because I was thinking about the Wizard of Oz!! But because Gardendale Church of God is my home. I spent the last 7 years at another church. A church I loved with people I loved! But since this past summer, I've felt a little different about it and have struggled with what the right thing to do is. But there I was yesterday, in the church I grew up in, looking around at many faces I knew and many I didn't. And I was so glad I was there. It was wonderful to spend another Easter Sunday surrounded by so many people who prayed for me before Mom and Dad adopted me and who were with me as I grew up. And it was wonderful to see so many little ones who may grow up in Gardendale surrounded by the same type of people...who will support them and pray for them as they continue to grow. Yes, Pastor Terry gave a wonderful message about "God moments" and the praise and worship rocked! (I think Jeremy thought he was black! It was awesome!!!) But what meant the most was knowing I was home...for Easter.
And then, like I said, we spent the afternoon with the Rex's. And that's just like being at home. I've spent a lot of time at that house in the last 11 years. Babysitting. Hanging out. Watching the girls grow. And now that they're 18 and 16 (man, I'm old), I love the fact that I'm still a part of their lives. I know that won't always be the case. I know what it means we grow up. And I know that it's possible that some day I won't spend every major holiday celebrating with them, laughing with them, watching them grow. So I'll continue to cherish those moments I do have with them.
We had a great time yesterday! Lots of good food! And lots of goofing off. They even managed to get Grammie Sharon dancing to Just Dance on the wii!! So here's some pics to brighten your day!
As I was sitting in church yesterday with Mom and Dad, the phrase "There's no place like home" kept popping into my head. And not because I was thinking about the Wizard of Oz!! But because Gardendale Church of God is my home. I spent the last 7 years at another church. A church I loved with people I loved! But since this past summer, I've felt a little different about it and have struggled with what the right thing to do is. But there I was yesterday, in the church I grew up in, looking around at many faces I knew and many I didn't. And I was so glad I was there. It was wonderful to spend another Easter Sunday surrounded by so many people who prayed for me before Mom and Dad adopted me and who were with me as I grew up. And it was wonderful to see so many little ones who may grow up in Gardendale surrounded by the same type of people...who will support them and pray for them as they continue to grow. Yes, Pastor Terry gave a wonderful message about "God moments" and the praise and worship rocked! (I think Jeremy thought he was black! It was awesome!!!) But what meant the most was knowing I was home...for Easter.
And then, like I said, we spent the afternoon with the Rex's. And that's just like being at home. I've spent a lot of time at that house in the last 11 years. Babysitting. Hanging out. Watching the girls grow. And now that they're 18 and 16 (man, I'm old), I love the fact that I'm still a part of their lives. I know that won't always be the case. I know what it means we grow up. And I know that it's possible that some day I won't spend every major holiday celebrating with them, laughing with them, watching them grow. So I'll continue to cherish those moments I do have with them.
We had a great time yesterday! Lots of good food! And lots of goofing off. They even managed to get Grammie Sharon dancing to Just Dance on the wii!! So here's some pics to brighten your day!
How cute are they jammin out? I love it!
Emily and Decker even danced to Cotton Eye Joe!
Mom beat Emily the first time Mom ever played! Good stuff!
They even got Judy in on the action!
Look at those faces! I think this may be my favorite pic!
Of course Judy and Mom had to dance together! What a day full of smiles!!!
Comments