Today was the final day of Teacher Appreciation Week. And this was what Christina and I were most excited about! I think most of the teachers appreciated what they were given this week and enjoyed it all. But today is kind of what started us thinking about the whole week...about a month and a half ago. We received this little advertisement in the mail at work back at the end of Feb and we usually throw that stuff away. We are non-profit...BIG TIME...so we don't really have money for all of that extra stuff. But something on it caught my eye and so I decided to look over it. And Christina and I immediately fell in love with what we saw. But again, money is tight so I just left it on my desk...and we were both hoping we could order them when the time came. And at the end of March, we decided to go ahead and order them.
This is the front of the shirt. We just fell in love with it! Who doesn't love Where the Wild Things Are? Especially those of us who teach in some way! Great book!!! The back has the name of our day care and the city on it. LOVE IT!!! The girls were so excited!
I also made each teacher a card. And this was an example. No, I didn't make them like I'm known to make some...stamping and all of that. But i did cut the paper, put a message in their from Christina and I. And made the envelopes to go with them all. It was fun! The girls seemed to really like it all.
The extra little surprise was probably the best. A few months ago, one of the pastors of the church we're in came to Christina and I with an idea. They see our teachers every now and again, and they notice some of the great things our staff do with the children. They wanted to recognize that. So every 3 or 4 months, they want Christina and I to acknowledge 3 teachers in "excellence in service". Now this was hard. It's been a long time since we've able to acknowledge any of our staff in the way we'd like. But Christina and I sat down and decided on 3 staff who wanted to recognize this time. So Pastor Phyllis presented Miss Mary, Mrs. Mulder, and Miss Rachael with a thank you from the church along with a WalMart gift card. It may not seem like a lot to some people but believe me, the pay our girls receive isn't much so we knew a WalMart gift card would make their day. And it did! They were so happy...and surprised! Rachael almost seemed overwhelmed that we'd even consider her! It was AWESOME to see their faces and to know that others notice their hard work just as much as we do.
It was a great way to end our Teacher Appreciation Week. We hope that just through the small things we did this week that our staff know how much we appreciate everything they do on a daily basis. They are such an important part of these childrens' lives.
On a completely different note...kind of...I got some GREAT news last night! Melissa was accepted to college (which I already knew) AND she got a scholarship!!! I am SO proud of her!! It's hard to believe that the little girl I started babysitting for 11 years ago is old enough to go to college in the fall, but she is. And she's going to do great. Words can't even express how proud I am of her!
As I'm sitting here waiting for it to storm (I wouldn't mind a good storm...I'll pass on the tornado stuff), I remembered that I took a few pics the other night between storms. Thought I'd share a few.
Before I got home and took these few pics, I had been out and about...without my camera when a rainbow appeared! So I took some pics with my phone. What a wonderful reminder of the things God promises us. And I needed that reminder!
It was a double rainbow!!
And of course the rainbow would be near my favorite place...WALMART!!!



Comments
Love the rainbow too. So pretty!!