So I've been reading Listen this month and I must say..WOW! I will admit that it started slower than I expected and I thought to myself, "what's the big deal?" But now that I'm a little more than halfway through, I realize what the big deal is. I don't want to say too much or give anything away just in case someone is reading it (and if so, let me know what you're thinking) but man, it's so true to life!!! It's one of those things where you say, "yes, the things I say in my own home are private" but at the same time, should those things be said to begin with??? Even if no one hears them, should those things come out of your mouth? And what if someone does hear them? Those words that you said out of anger or for fun...or whatever...could be the words that completely changes someone's life...that can shape who they are. Good or bad. Do you want that??????
And I was reminded of that today. Something was said to me...nothing mean...just honest...I think. And it hurt. Not because it was something that was meant to hurt. But because it was something that kind of said so many more things than were actually spoken. So I was reminded of what words could do. Believe me, it's not far from my memory due to things that have happened over the last year and a half. But still, it can hurt the same.
And I was reminded of that today. Something was said to me...nothing mean...just honest...I think. And it hurt. Not because it was something that was meant to hurt. But because it was something that kind of said so many more things than were actually spoken. So I was reminded of what words could do. Believe me, it's not far from my memory due to things that have happened over the last year and a half. But still, it can hurt the same.
Comments