"Small Wonder Wednesday." I like the way it sounds!
I decided this morning that I was going to concentrate on the little things in life. The things I sometime miss in the chaos of a normal day. Life is too short. Time goes by WAY to quickly. We miss those little things...those little wonders...those little blessings...that God brings our way because we're so caught up in this and that. I didn't want to do that today. I wanted to enjoy the smiles on the faces of those around me. Delight in the place God put me.
When I started at my current job and got comfortable working in the nursery, I never planned to do anything else. I loved those babies. There was no desire for me to work anywhere else...with any other group of children. Working with children is not easy. Working with babies can even be more challenging. But I loved it. They brought joy to my life no matter what was going on. That's where I planned to be. Then the chance to help our director out came along. And I wanted her to feel comfortable about going on maternity leave and know that in her absence, we'd be ok. So I took that opportunity...knowing full well that in 8 weeks I'd be back to my place in the nursery. Well, God had other plans. I am now the assistant director. I never imagined I'd be sitting at a desk the majority of the day. I miss the kids being the center of my day. Now it's teachers and paperwork. I get to spend time with a lot of the kids...just not like I wish sometimes. Don't get me wrong...I worked hard for my job...but I miss what I did.
It hasn't been a rough week but I've had a lot of things on my mind. Just thoughts popping up here and there. And I needed to hold some babies...to just see the amazing work God does. The day got away from me and I didn't get to spend as much time as I had hoped with them. But finally this evening, I went into the nursery, sat down on the floor and here came Layken...all 14 months of her and her cute little rolls. She leaned right down on my face and gave me the biggest, wettest kiss EVER! There was slobber all over my cheek. And I LOVED it. I can't explain to you what that did for my heart...for the way I was feeling. I didn't say "Layken, come here." She just came right on over. Then she sat down in my lap and gave me her dorky little smile and made me SMILE! Children are a blessing from God...whether they're yours or someone else's. And today was proof that God can even work through the tiniest little life. She's a blessing to me!! And I will hold onto today's "small wonder" for a very long time. Thank you, Layken!
I decided this morning that I was going to concentrate on the little things in life. The things I sometime miss in the chaos of a normal day. Life is too short. Time goes by WAY to quickly. We miss those little things...those little wonders...those little blessings...that God brings our way because we're so caught up in this and that. I didn't want to do that today. I wanted to enjoy the smiles on the faces of those around me. Delight in the place God put me.
When I started at my current job and got comfortable working in the nursery, I never planned to do anything else. I loved those babies. There was no desire for me to work anywhere else...with any other group of children. Working with children is not easy. Working with babies can even be more challenging. But I loved it. They brought joy to my life no matter what was going on. That's where I planned to be. Then the chance to help our director out came along. And I wanted her to feel comfortable about going on maternity leave and know that in her absence, we'd be ok. So I took that opportunity...knowing full well that in 8 weeks I'd be back to my place in the nursery. Well, God had other plans. I am now the assistant director. I never imagined I'd be sitting at a desk the majority of the day. I miss the kids being the center of my day. Now it's teachers and paperwork. I get to spend time with a lot of the kids...just not like I wish sometimes. Don't get me wrong...I worked hard for my job...but I miss what I did.
It hasn't been a rough week but I've had a lot of things on my mind. Just thoughts popping up here and there. And I needed to hold some babies...to just see the amazing work God does. The day got away from me and I didn't get to spend as much time as I had hoped with them. But finally this evening, I went into the nursery, sat down on the floor and here came Layken...all 14 months of her and her cute little rolls. She leaned right down on my face and gave me the biggest, wettest kiss EVER! There was slobber all over my cheek. And I LOVED it. I can't explain to you what that did for my heart...for the way I was feeling. I didn't say "Layken, come here." She just came right on over. Then she sat down in my lap and gave me her dorky little smile and made me SMILE! Children are a blessing from God...whether they're yours or someone else's. And today was proof that God can even work through the tiniest little life. She's a blessing to me!! And I will hold onto today's "small wonder" for a very long time. Thank you, Layken!
Comments
I forgot to drop your cards off at the post office today so that is my goal tomorrow! :-)