I'm joining in a few Friday Follows this week! And in honor of that, I wanted to post this devotional I got in my inbox today. I love the idea!
Take Time for YOUR Passions
Last night I said to my husband, Matthew, “I really need to scrapbook.”
He replied, “you should.”
You see, Matthew knew that my need was not stemming from piles of pictures or too many scrapbooking supplies.
He recognized that my soul was longing for creativity.
It has been one of those months where I have been caught up in lengthy to do lists, too many expectations and not enough sleep.
Consequently, I have spent little time paying attention to meeting my needs.
Do you ever do that?
I think it is a common issue for women.
We pay attention to everyone else first – and leave the leftovers, if there are any – for ourselves.
God created each of us with passions.
Are you pursuing yours, or are they getting left to the wayside?
If you are like me and have had so much on you that you haven’t taken time for yourself, I want to encourage you to do that this weekend. Take 15 minutes. An hour. Whatever fits in your schedule to do something for You.
Here are a few ideas:
Read a book.
Go shopping.
Scrapbook.
Take some photos.
Garden.
Sew.
Just sit.
And invite the Father to join you.
I promise, you will finish your time feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
And those around you will notice.
**I'd love to hear if any of you plan to try this this coming weekend. If so, let me know what your passion is!**
Comments
Here's mine:
http://savingsahmsanity.blogspot.com/
Stopping by from "New Friend Friday" to say hi!