Skip to main content

ECLIPSE and funnel clouds

I know...I'm a nerd.  I don't care.  I LOVE THE TWILIGHT SERIES!!!  My friend Arin is a youth services librarian and I remember when she told me I needed to read Twilight.  I thought she was crazy!  Yes, I love the Harry Potter books but still.  But I tried it anyway.  I went to the library and picked it up.  And they told me to put the second one on hold cause as soon as I finished Twilight, I'd want to read New Moon.  Again, I thought they were crazy. 

They weren't.  I was instantly in love...with the book...and Edward!  I mean, the way they described him in the book...I would have fallen in love with that vampire too!  I think I did!  And as soon as I finished, I got the next book.  But I bought it.  These were worth owning!!  And so I read them all...every last word.  And when Twilight the movie came out, I drug my mom to the theater...opening night...with TONS of teenage girls!  I thought she was going to kill me!  But she sucked it up and actually enjoyed it.  And so did I!!

And now, I'm just a little over 17 days from the 3rd book being released as a movie.  AND I CAN'T WAIT!  As you can see, I even added a countdown over on the left hand side.  I will be seeing the midnight showing of this one.  I don't care who goes with me or if I go by myself this time.  I just know that I will be seeing Eclipse at midnight!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!  I've actually decided to try to reread Eclipse before it comes out...to refresh my memory.  I started today.  :-)  Yep.  I'm a nerd!

On a much more serious note, I had an interesting 30-45 minutes early yesterday evening.  The day of work was ending like most.  I was talking to two of our staff while one of them was picking up their baby.  The power went out.  But only for about 10 seconds.  Nothing big.  But I headed downstairs to make sure the kids left were doing ok.  They were.  As I was talking to them and about to walk away, our staff member that was sitting at the front desk came around the corner saying that the tornado warning siren was going off.  Ugh.  So I told the kids to go into the room where we usually eat lunch.  It was just a few kids and a few teachers...along with a parent.  But upstairs in the sanctuary of the church was an entire wedding party that we had to get downstairs as well.  The sirens went off for about 10 minutes continuously and then off and on for about another 20 minutes.  As you walked out of our front doors, things looked fine.  No rain.  No thunder.  No lightening.  We were hearing reports that things weren't good and obviously they couldn't be since the sirens were going off, things weren't great.  But from our view, things looked ok.  We finally managed to get everyone out safely.  And all of the people that were still left in the daycare made it home safely.

So a friend and I headed out once we left in search of damage.  We had heard reports of things being seen here and there so we went looking.  Saw nothing.  We spent the whole evening driving and talking and looking.  Nothing.  But that's ok.  We had a good time away. 

I didn't get to see the news last night so I logged on today to see what I missed.  Here's the footage of funnel clouds that were spotted not very far from where we were at work.  Very scary.  But I know we're blessed and we were being watched over.





It's starting to storm again tonight.  I'm getting tired of it really.  But I've got the flashlights out and the candles ready if needed.  Here's some pics I just took before the rain started in.





If you look carefully, you can see the trees moving in this one. 



I'm now inside...exactly where I'm supposed to be!  And watching Twilight!  :-)

Comments

CountessLaurie said…
I am a Twilight fan too! I've been to both opening nights (midnight showings!!)... you will have a ball and then have to see it again because the teens all clap and cheer and it's a lot of fun.

tornadoes scare the ever-living you know what out of me. And I live in massachusetts where we hardly ever get them.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Friday Follow

How come when it's time to do the Friday Follow, I have nothing interesting to say??? Hmmmm...it's been a long week.  Days where things just didn't make sense.  Lots I need to process.  It's possible that all of my thinking will lead to a great post this weekend.  But for now, I just hope all of you new visitors find something interesting to read from other posts here.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend doing some thinking, relaxing, watching movies and checking out new blogs!  Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, right?  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

New Cards!!!

So between resting this weekend (cause my allergies kicked my butt...especially yesterday), I worked on making some cards.  It's been SO long since I've actually spent time doing something like this and I LOVE making cards!  So I wanted to share them with you.  I made 20 cards total.  2 each of 10 designs.  So now there's two sets of friendship cards.  I think I'm going to try to sell one set.  Then I think give the other set away.  I'm just not sure how.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking if you leave a comment about the cards you'll be entered to win.  If you buy one set of cards, you'll also be entered to win.  Hows that sound?