So, it's been a...week. That's what I usually say when I have no other way to describe something. And that's what it's been like this week. Last weekend, I was so excited! My best friend had her baby...an adorable little boy! My two favorite teenage girls got baptized last Sunday!! That was so exciting! Then came Monday...
It wasn't a bad day I'd say. Ended up being busy. But that was ok. The week just seemed to come to almost a stand still. All of the excitement was gone. In the afternoon, Shanda let me know that they were having to stay in the hospital another day because Kale was jaundice. No, it's nothing critical but it broke her heart. And I hated to see her so upset. While reading Bryan's blog on Mon. afternoon, it came to my attention the situation at Virginia Tech. (I had been at work since 6:20am so I had no idea what was going on outside of our room.) I immediately got onto Yahoo and started looking things up. The whole thing was almost too devistating to believe. And the news just kept getting worse and worse. You can't be excited about much of anything after that.
Work has been work. Lots of attitudes going around. Seems like there's more unhappy people than there are happy people around there most days! And it's frustrating.
All of that has put me in a "mood." Not a bad mood. Just a mood. Ya know what I mean? Just lots of thinking. Of course I've goofed off some...wouldn't be me if I hadn't. But I just feel blah, ya know what I mean?
So I got my hair done tonight. Figured that would help! Sometimes just doing something "girly" helps! I had to wait a little to get it done. But that was ok. I managed! ;-) I got highlights! I haven't had highlights in quite awhile and I haven't had them done professionaly in forever! (I usually just do them myself...cheaper that way.) But my friends works at a salon so I went in and had it done tonight. Hoping the lighter hair...newer look...will rub off on me some! But since I didn't get done til 10:00pm (my appointment was later in the evening), I just came home. No one saw it. Didn't do anything in it..which is good since I was dressed like a bum basically!
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend! Warm temps which means I can bust out the flip flops! So I'm hoping between the beautiful weather, the flip flops, the highlights and me planning to grill on Sunday, things will start to turn around! I really do think I need a vacation...a real vacation. I think a few days of just NOTHING will help. I know I'm tired! But that won't be happening for awhile so I just need to take a few little things in life and enjoy them! So that's my plan for the weekend!
It wasn't a bad day I'd say. Ended up being busy. But that was ok. The week just seemed to come to almost a stand still. All of the excitement was gone. In the afternoon, Shanda let me know that they were having to stay in the hospital another day because Kale was jaundice. No, it's nothing critical but it broke her heart. And I hated to see her so upset. While reading Bryan's blog on Mon. afternoon, it came to my attention the situation at Virginia Tech. (I had been at work since 6:20am so I had no idea what was going on outside of our room.) I immediately got onto Yahoo and started looking things up. The whole thing was almost too devistating to believe. And the news just kept getting worse and worse. You can't be excited about much of anything after that.
Work has been work. Lots of attitudes going around. Seems like there's more unhappy people than there are happy people around there most days! And it's frustrating.
All of that has put me in a "mood." Not a bad mood. Just a mood. Ya know what I mean? Just lots of thinking. Of course I've goofed off some...wouldn't be me if I hadn't. But I just feel blah, ya know what I mean?
So I got my hair done tonight. Figured that would help! Sometimes just doing something "girly" helps! I had to wait a little to get it done. But that was ok. I managed! ;-) I got highlights! I haven't had highlights in quite awhile and I haven't had them done professionaly in forever! (I usually just do them myself...cheaper that way.) But my friends works at a salon so I went in and had it done tonight. Hoping the lighter hair...newer look...will rub off on me some! But since I didn't get done til 10:00pm (my appointment was later in the evening), I just came home. No one saw it. Didn't do anything in it..which is good since I was dressed like a bum basically!
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend! Warm temps which means I can bust out the flip flops! So I'm hoping between the beautiful weather, the flip flops, the highlights and me planning to grill on Sunday, things will start to turn around! I really do think I need a vacation...a real vacation. I think a few days of just NOTHING will help. I know I'm tired! But that won't be happening for awhile so I just need to take a few little things in life and enjoy them! So that's my plan for the weekend!
Comments