Skip to main content

I'm So Excited

**I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...**

That's me singing!!! Beautiful isn't it? Oh, just humor me!

But I really am excited! First of all, today was a good day. A little slow but when it's the last day of the work week for ya, it usually does go slow. But we acted pretty silly today and my co-workers and boss decided they'd play a joke on me. And I deserved it! I'm usually the prankster but they got me back today. I must say though...THEY'RE ALL IN TROUBLE NOW! Anyway...we had pancakes, sausage and a few other things for lunch. So I went down to the kitchen to get a plate, Charlene (our boss' mom and one of our cooks), put some food on my plate and I headed back up to the nursery. I was in the crib room at the time and the other teachers were in our main room. So I'm back there in the quiet while a few kids are sleeping and enjoying my pancakes when I put my fork into something hard. So I kind of moved my pancake top around and there was something black and hard. GROSS! So of course I start showing my co-workers in the nursery. Gayle just laughed at me. Connie was grossed out (and she doesn't even like pancakes to begin with). And Michelle suggested I head back to the kitchen. So I did! Charlene and Lynn (Lynn is the other cook) were both there and so I showed them my plate. Charlene asked what it was and wanted me to scrape it. FORGET THAT! So I pushed the plate closer to her! She then scraped the rest of the pancake off of the mysterious "black thing", picked it up and threw it at me! IT WAS A FAKE SPIDER THEY HAD PLANTED IN MY PANCAKE! But they weren't the only ones involved. Gayle and Michelle both knew. So did my boss and her assistant. As well as a few other teachers (one of which provide the fake spider). And another one of my co-workers Annette. So I have quite a list of ladies to get back but I will!!! And I'll get them good! And to think I was nice this year for April Fool's Day...that's the last time I do that! :-)

Shortly after I got home this evening, my cell rang and it was my best friend Shanda. I hadn't heard from her all day and we usually send texts back and forth througout the day. (Ask her husband about that...he usually quotes us how many texts we send to each other every month. We keep verizon in business...believe me!) As some of you may know, Shanda is pregnant...very pregnant...due on Tues. the 17th. So I've been waiting for the call! Today was not the day...she was not in labor. BUT she had just left the dr. and they have decided to induce her this Sat!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited! So she will soon have a new baby boy and I will have two adorable "nephews" to spoil! And don't worry, Becky, I've already purchased a digital kit for this new baby! I think I'm going to buy another one though...so I have one just for Kale (the new baby) and then one for Kale and Keagen. :-)

It's going to be a busy weekend for me...but good! Shanda will be having her new baby and two of my favorite girls are getting baptized on Sunday morning! I've known these girls since they were little. Emily was in kindergarten and Melissa was in the second grade. Melissa is now a freshman and Emily a 7th grader. I've shared their pictures on here before. Anyway...I'm so excited for these two...and the committment they're making. I'm so proud of them! It's going to be hard not to cry! Think I need some digital kits for that too, Becky?

I've got a lot of work to do tonight and tomorrow so that I've got some free time this weekend, but the late nights and early mornings will be so worth it once I get to hold Kale for the first time and I see my two girls make such a huge public display for God. WHAT A WEEKEND I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE!

Comments

Rebecca H. said…
off hand i am not sure of any kits specific to baptism. there are TONS of easter-ish kits floating around right now, and lots of flower/garden type things that could work. if i come across anything more specific, i'll let you know.

CONGRATS SHANDA! I'm so excited for you and your growing family! I'll be thinking of you - try to get some sleep friday night! ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Friday Follow

How come when it's time to do the Friday Follow, I have nothing interesting to say??? Hmmmm...it's been a long week.  Days where things just didn't make sense.  Lots I need to process.  It's possible that all of my thinking will lead to a great post this weekend.  But for now, I just hope all of you new visitors find something interesting to read from other posts here.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend doing some thinking, relaxing, watching movies and checking out new blogs!  Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, right?  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

New Cards!!!

So between resting this weekend (cause my allergies kicked my butt...especially yesterday), I worked on making some cards.  It's been SO long since I've actually spent time doing something like this and I LOVE making cards!  So I wanted to share them with you.  I made 20 cards total.  2 each of 10 designs.  So now there's two sets of friendship cards.  I think I'm going to try to sell one set.  Then I think give the other set away.  I'm just not sure how.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking if you leave a comment about the cards you'll be entered to win.  If you buy one set of cards, you'll also be entered to win.  Hows that sound?