
What a day, what a day! My day began around 7:00am. I just couldn't sleep anymore...too excited about this baby my best friend was having! And being up at 7:00am wasn't so bad. Dustin, her husband, starting sending me texts around then.
I got up to the hospital a little after 9:30am. I stayed down in the waiting room but Shanda knew I was there so if she needed anything, I'd be close. They broke her water around 8:00am but Kale Michael Cox didn't enter the world until 2:09pm!! (He was much more stubborn than Keagen was.) Kale was 8lbs 8oz and 20in long. And adorable. He looks a lot like Keagen. And Keagen LOVES being a big brother so far. All he wanted to do was hold him. Too cute!
Shanda is doing well. As I said, Kale was more stubborn the Keagen (and has been most of the 9 months). Shanda was hurting pretty bad afterwards. Shanda has always been a strong woman...she's usually my rock! But when I walked in and saw her, my heart broke. And it didn't help when I asked if she was ok, and she said "no." She dozed on and off the first half hour I was there. But the nurse gave her some motrin and she took a shower and she was back to herself.
I spent the morning and first part of the afternoon getting some much needed work done. I had no idea she'd be in labor that long so I didn't take enough work to fill all of that time but I got a lot done. Definitely more than I would have gotten done at home. Plus I spent some much needed quiet time reading my Bible and doing some devotions. So not only did my best friend have another beautiful, healthy baby boy, I spent some great time with Lord. Doesn't get much better than that!
(top picture) Keagen Matthew Cox, Sept. 3, 2003, 8lbs 7oz, 21 1/2in long
(bottom picture) Kale Michael Cox, April 14, 2007, 8lbs 8oz, 20in long
Comments