Skip to main content

My Redeemer Lives

I had a few things I was going to post about tonight but considering it's 2:06am as I'm starting this, I figure I'll just stick with one. Otherwise I imagine this post may end up being more babbling than you're used to!

I wanted to add a new song to my playlist and I realized that there's a great song for this time of year. Well, a couple but this happens to be one of my favorite at the moment. You've probably heard it...but maybe not song by Nicole C Mullen. Either way, My Redeemer Lives is a powerful song. And a song that reminds us of what this time of year is truly about...the miracle of it all. And even in the small things in life, it reminds us that we have a Savior that is control of all of those things...and He is Alive!!!

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide till evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Chorus:Well I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
this life within me cries
I know my Redeemer lives
ye-e-eah

The very same Godthat spins things in orbit
runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
and the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
they conquered death to bring me victory

Now I know, my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
let all creation testify
Let this life within me cry
I-I-I knowMy Redeemer

He livesto take away my shame
and He livesforever I'll proclaim
that the payment for my sins
was the precious life He gave
and now He's alive and
there's an empty grave!

And I know my Redeemer lives
He lives
I know my Redeemer lives
let all creation testify
Let this life within me cry
I-I-I know my Redeemer
I know my Redeemer lives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Friday Follow

How come when it's time to do the Friday Follow, I have nothing interesting to say??? Hmmmm...it's been a long week.  Days where things just didn't make sense.  Lots I need to process.  It's possible that all of my thinking will lead to a great post this weekend.  But for now, I just hope all of you new visitors find something interesting to read from other posts here.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend doing some thinking, relaxing, watching movies and checking out new blogs!  Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, right?  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

New Cards!!!

So between resting this weekend (cause my allergies kicked my butt...especially yesterday), I worked on making some cards.  It's been SO long since I've actually spent time doing something like this and I LOVE making cards!  So I wanted to share them with you.  I made 20 cards total.  2 each of 10 designs.  So now there's two sets of friendship cards.  I think I'm going to try to sell one set.  Then I think give the other set away.  I'm just not sure how.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking if you leave a comment about the cards you'll be entered to win.  If you buy one set of cards, you'll also be entered to win.  Hows that sound?