
I wanted to post a few things today. I'm not sure I'll get to them all because I really want to get the Bible study up tonight. So I'll start with that and we'll see what else I get to!
Lesson/Chapter 3-Worry Warts
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7 NKJV
...the dictionary definition of worry is "to seize with the teeth and shake or tug at repeatedly." ...When we go over and over our concerns in our minds, worrying them continually, there can be no peace.
1. Is there a difference between fear and worry? There's a hint in Romans 8:38.
2. God doesn't want us to be fearful people. Neither does He want us to be worriers. The secret fears we harbor in our hearts give rise to the worries that plague our minds. What is the result of worry on a person? Solomon offers some words of wisdom in Proverbs 12:25.
"Worry weighs us down; a cheerful word picks us up." (The Message) I know I've read that verse before but apparently, I just read it...and not really READ it. It makes sense doesn't it? I mean, when you're worried, you feel weighed down! You're tired. You're not thinking straight. Things don't usually come together like you had hoped. Lots of things.
3. Jesus knows our days have their cares. What are the everyday things you worry about?
I've never really thought of myself as a worrying but as I get older, I realize I can be. I don't usually worry about things...from time to time I do. Like sometimes I worry about my business or my job. Things like that, but I honestly usually don't let those things become constant worries. It's people that I worry about. My family, friends...I seem to worry more about people than I sometimes realize. And it can be hard to let go of some days...if that makes sense.
4. Our Savior knows about all our concerns, but He pleaded with His followers nott o have "an anxious mind" (Luke 12:29, NKJV). In Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow. Why not?
5. Sometimes it's hard not to peek ahead on our schedules and start to fuss about what will be going on later in the week. We know we shouldn't be worrying, but it comes so naturally! It's actually hard to face our days just one at a time. What worries would disappear for you if you concentrated on the day you are in?
EVERYTHING THAT NEEDS DONE TOMORROW! AND WEDNESDAY... I feel like sometimes I just barely get what needs to be done for today and then I automatically start to think about what needs done tomorrow. I'm literally sitting here thinking that if I don't get this done soon, the work I have to do tonight is going to be added to tomorrow's and it's more work than I want to do tomorrow!
6. We have just one option when it comes to facing worry. Read Philippians 4:6. What does Paul say worriers should do?
PRAY! Seems so easy when we think of it like that huh? It's a habit we have to have!
7. Peter has the same idea Paul had about worry. Read 1 Peter 5:7. What are we told to do about our worries?
Give them to God! He's the one that really knows what happening tomorrow, right? :-)
Character Study of Mary and Martha: Read through Luke 10:38-42, chapter 11 of John's Gospel and John 12:1-8. Record what you find.
Trinkets to Treasure:
Heave you ever heard of a worry stone? Traditionally, it's a smooth round rock you keep in your pocket. Whenver you start to feel worried about something, you slip your hand into your pocket and run your thumb over the surface. ...but I don't want you to carry it around with you. ...Whenver you see it, recall to mind that God can handle all your worries, and you can leave them with Him. Rather than carrying them with you, leave them at His feet.
Comments