Skip to main content

I don't know what to call this post!

First of all, let me start by saying thanks to Arin for her comments. If you haven't read them, check it out...just click the link below the Chapter One/Lesson One Bible study. I'm hoping to hear more from some others. I think just taking the time to share a few things will help us all a lot!

I'll be the first to admit that my relationship with God...and my time with God sometimes takes a back seat to everything else. And it's funny (well, not really funny) how people talk about how they have to do this for their kids and they have to do this for their spouse...and on and on. And I don't have kids. I don't have a husband. And I still manage to let life get ahead of my Father. It's hard to admit because I can only imagine where I'd be if He were first all of time. I'm hoping this study will help us all just kind of take a step back...enjoy life, enjoy all of the people and things in our life, but enjoy the One who gave it to us.

If you received my email yesterday entitled "Question" then you know exactly what I'm about to talk about! I asked your opinion on what you thought about me possibly doing a card class. And I also wanted to hear your opinions of some other ideas for me. I want to get my business name out there. I want to start "marketing" my name (as Lori says...and I like it). And the ideas have just been pouring in...and the support...WOW! I appreciate it so much! Let me talk about some of the ideas that were given to me or I already had.

*Card Classes
*Home shows
*Scrapbook classes
*Submit card ideas to card publishing magazines
*Online classes

And those are just a few! I love them all! But as I'm looking at them, I'm going, "What?" I've already kind of done a rough draft of what I would do in card classes. The biggest question is where would I do them. I want to keep costs down for me...and for my customers. Home Shows scare me a little...only because as I've pointed out, public speaking is NOT my thing (I'll write it...not real comfortable with speaking it). But definitely a good idea. But then I've got to have some kind of brochure or something to show. And if the orders are big enough, people to help make those products come together. I love the idea of submitting a card idea or two to a card magazine...especially since I read them all the time! But I'm not quite sure how it works. I know I send or email a picture in. If they chose to put it in the magazine and they contact me, do they then own the rights to that idea? Does anyone know?

I truly believe that ALL of this is doable! I just sometimes wonder if I've got it in me to pull it off. I want to try. A very good friend of ours once told me that you only fail if you don't try at all. And I believe that. I don't want to spend my life regretting the fact that I didn't give it a try. If it didn't work, that's ok!

So I'd love to hear your thoughts! First of all, if you have any ideas for the questions I just asked, PLEASE SHARE! I could definitely use the help! And if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear those too.

I sent out another email today and I stated that in the next few days, I'd probably send out some type of sign up sheet about the possibility of a card class. I'll probably include it on here as well. Please if you're interested, make sure to sign up. I'm not holding you to anything. It's just going to give me a better idea as to if I can make it happen!

I've got Lesson/Chapter Two of the Bible study ready but I want to wait a few days...give people more time to look it over and do it if interested. And Arin, give me a few days and I'll be getting that book to you!

Oh! As you've probably noticed, I've been adding songs to my playlist every few days. But I'd love to hear the music you listen to...the music that inspires you...so let me know if there's a song you'd like to share and I'll see if I can find it!

Comments

Rebecca H. said…
From the few layouts that I've had requested for publication in magazines or books, they specifically state that they do not maintain rights to your idea/work. They just want to include it in their book to give people ideas. One to look at would be paper trends (i think you can get to it through www.scrapbooktrends.com - there's a link to cards on their home page). Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Lots of Names

Well, this is my fourth Friday in my apartment!!! It really does feel like home for the most part!!! Tera helped me...wait...I take that back. Tera MOVED my swing and table from mom and dad's a few weeks ago and so that is now on my deck! I love it!! Although, I have to admit that I haven't been home too much to enjoy it but at least I know it's there. Hopefully I'll get the chance to relax on my swing this weekend. I set my smoke alarm off the other night! That was funny! I was cooking a chicken patty and some fries in the oven. All of a sudden I hear this loud beeping! Of course once I realized it was the smoke alarm, I ran into the kitchen. Everything was good in there! Food was cooking just fine! Apparently it just got too hot in here for the smoke alarm. The funny part though is me standing on the chair trying to figure out why the alarm won't quit chirping every 45 seconds...even after I took out the battery! So after a text to the landlords (who laughed), I r...

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Question Meme 01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Nope.  Unless you count my job as a serious relationship. 02) What was your dream growing up? To be a teacher.  Get married.  Have a dog!  :-) 03) What talent do you wish you had? Play the piano well.  I'm currently working on that.  04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Strawberry lemonade 05) Favorite vegetable? Green beans.  06) What was the last book you read? I'll be finishing Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury today then starting Listen later on this evening.  07) What zodiac sign are you? Virgo 08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. Just ears 09) Worst Habit? Today???  :-)  Overanalyzing things.  10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? Depends on who you are.  11) What is your favorite sport? Basketball.  Can't play it but love watching it.  And of cours...