Well, it's our last full day in Gatlinburg. We're in our room at the hotel. It was pouring down rain so we're in here waiting it out...watching tv and eating cookies, chips & salsa! That's our lunch. We want to have a REALLY good, full last dinner before we head back to Ohio tomorrow.
We've had a good time! It's been relaxing...free of lots of thinking which is exactly what I needed. I must admit I've missed work...missed the girls. But I'm glad we came! Would you like to hear a little bit about it? I've got a little time so I'll write!
We drove down Monday morning and I must admit I made pretty good time! I would have made the 7 hour in trip in about 6 hrs and 15 minutes! We would have been at our hotel waiting to get checked in if we hadn't run into some serious traffic as we got into Sevierville. At one point, it took us 15 minutes to move 1.6miles. Not impressed. But we were patient...stopped at WalMart (of course) and kept going. We got here and checked in about 2:45pm. We got into our room, settled in and then decided to head on downtown. I love this city!! It's so beautiful!!! Busy but beautiful! Sarah hasn't been here in about 20 years. It's only been about 6 for me. We walked in and out of some great shops. We only bought a few things. (We knew we had the outlet coming.) We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I love that place!!!
We've had a good time! It's been relaxing...free of lots of thinking which is exactly what I needed. I must admit I've missed work...missed the girls. But I'm glad we came! Would you like to hear a little bit about it? I've got a little time so I'll write!
We drove down Monday morning and I must admit I made pretty good time! I would have made the 7 hour in trip in about 6 hrs and 15 minutes! We would have been at our hotel waiting to get checked in if we hadn't run into some serious traffic as we got into Sevierville. At one point, it took us 15 minutes to move 1.6miles. Not impressed. But we were patient...stopped at WalMart (of course) and kept going. We got here and checked in about 2:45pm. We got into our room, settled in and then decided to head on downtown. I love this city!! It's so beautiful!!! Busy but beautiful! Sarah hasn't been here in about 20 years. It's only been about 6 for me. We walked in and out of some great shops. We only bought a few things. (We knew we had the outlet coming.) We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I love that place!!!
This is Sarah and the "strange" server at Hard Rock. I was taking a pic of Pink (the pic is behind the server) and he apparently thought I was trying to get a pic of him. So he jumped in for a pic with Sarah. She's actually trying to stay away from him! :-)
This is just a picture from The Village. We didn't walk around it much that night. We were both getting tired and headed back to our room. And we slept very well...just like we knew we would!
(This beetle was outside of our room on Tues. morning. GROSS!)
Yesterday was shopping day! Once we got up and around, we headed to the Tanger Outlet mall!! WOO HOO!!! Nike here I come! And I walked out of Nike without any shoes. Terrible I know. I did walk out with stuff though!
We at at this place called KT's Bar & Grill (I think that was the name). Look at my steak fries!
It was delicious!! I must say we haven't eaten anywhere yet that wasn't worth the money and very tastey!
We spent the day at the outlet and then we stopped at The Christmas Place. It was pretty cool to see...even though it was still like 88 degrees outside!
I decided I wanted some pics of our drive back into Gatlinburg. Yep and I was driving. But look at this pic! I love it! I'm not a great photographer or anything but I love this one. I think I may enter this one into our local fair and maybe the photo contest our newspaper does. Do you think it's good enough for that? Honestly???
We came back into Gatlinburg and decided to go back downtown. We looked into a few places and then had dinner at The Mountain Grill. It was sooooooooooooooo good. It was the best service we've received! The server was so awesome! And the food was delicious! They had the best jalapeno poppers I've ever had! Then we did more walking and shopping downtown.

Comments
Congrats on M.O.H. honor. I am sure it is well deserved!!