Yesterday. Wow. Yesterday. I can't really sum yesterday up into words. It was a Friday. End of the month. So Christina and I had plenty to get done. Plus we had spent 5 1/2 hours the day before in a meeting...putting us a little behind. But we never imagined the day would turn out the way it did.
I can't go into details. It's just one of those situations. But it was a heart breaking situation to say the least. It was so hard to be encouraging...to know what to say and what not to say...to be supportive...because the situation really was unlike anything we've come across. Even as I sit here now, I can see it all play out again in my head. Ugh. The hardest part for me though was holding onto to this young woman...as she cried her eyes out. The first time, she was angry. But the second time...when she really broke down the most...it was just hurt and pain. As I wrapped my arms around her, I felt like I could feel the pain she was in. I know I couldn't...I can't relate at all. But that's how it felt. By time she walked away that afternoon, I was completely out of energy. I can't even describe how I felt.
I went to lunch with my friend and we pulled up to Happy Daz...I usually order pink lemonade. She knows that. But as I went to order, she said "ummm...after the day you've had, I think you need a pepsi." Most of you are sitting there saying, "OK." And probably rolling your eyes. I don't drink alcohol. Can't even if I wanted to. I'm more of a juice and lemonade person honestly. I drink stuff with caffeine though from time to time. But I haven't been lately. But without me really saying a word, my friend knew that I needed more than the normal, everyday whatever. She knew about the situation and we had talked. But she could tell in the way I sat, talked, drove...that this was hurting me too.
I wasn't sure what the rest of the day would bring. But luckily, it ended on a good note. My friend and I came back to my house...goofed off for a little bit, hung a few pictures. Then decided to go to the drive-in to see Charlie St. Cloud and The Grown-Ups. A perfect combination of movies for the evening. Serious with more of a point for the first one. Then just some silliness for the next one. But the best part was that my friend and I actually got to talk!!! We were both back to work this week and even though we see each other everyday, we haven't really had the chance to talk about normal everyday things. But we got the chance to last night. I think we both needed that after the events of the day.
I'm enjoying the cloudiness today. And not because I'm moody or anything! It keeps it cooler!!! And I don't feel obligated to just smile the whole day! I'm not saying I'm not smiling but you know what I mean...on those really bright, sunny days everyone is out and about with this HUGE smile on their face like everything in the world is just perfect cause the sun is out! I know not everything in the world is perfect. I know people are struggling. And I know that whether the sun is out or not, I can smile!
I can't go into details. It's just one of those situations. But it was a heart breaking situation to say the least. It was so hard to be encouraging...to know what to say and what not to say...to be supportive...because the situation really was unlike anything we've come across. Even as I sit here now, I can see it all play out again in my head. Ugh. The hardest part for me though was holding onto to this young woman...as she cried her eyes out. The first time, she was angry. But the second time...when she really broke down the most...it was just hurt and pain. As I wrapped my arms around her, I felt like I could feel the pain she was in. I know I couldn't...I can't relate at all. But that's how it felt. By time she walked away that afternoon, I was completely out of energy. I can't even describe how I felt.
I went to lunch with my friend and we pulled up to Happy Daz...I usually order pink lemonade. She knows that. But as I went to order, she said "ummm...after the day you've had, I think you need a pepsi." Most of you are sitting there saying, "OK." And probably rolling your eyes. I don't drink alcohol. Can't even if I wanted to. I'm more of a juice and lemonade person honestly. I drink stuff with caffeine though from time to time. But I haven't been lately. But without me really saying a word, my friend knew that I needed more than the normal, everyday whatever. She knew about the situation and we had talked. But she could tell in the way I sat, talked, drove...that this was hurting me too.
I wasn't sure what the rest of the day would bring. But luckily, it ended on a good note. My friend and I came back to my house...goofed off for a little bit, hung a few pictures. Then decided to go to the drive-in to see Charlie St. Cloud and The Grown-Ups. A perfect combination of movies for the evening. Serious with more of a point for the first one. Then just some silliness for the next one. But the best part was that my friend and I actually got to talk!!! We were both back to work this week and even though we see each other everyday, we haven't really had the chance to talk about normal everyday things. But we got the chance to last night. I think we both needed that after the events of the day.
I'm enjoying the cloudiness today. And not because I'm moody or anything! It keeps it cooler!!! And I don't feel obligated to just smile the whole day! I'm not saying I'm not smiling but you know what I mean...on those really bright, sunny days everyone is out and about with this HUGE smile on their face like everything in the world is just perfect cause the sun is out! I know not everything in the world is perfect. I know people are struggling. And I know that whether the sun is out or not, I can smile!
Comments