I should call it..BABBLING!!! That's a pretty good description of all of my blogs really, don't you think?
Lent started this past Wed. Lent is not necessarily something that the non-denominational church's practice but most at least mention it. And some years I give up something for lent, some years I don't. I think a lot of us seem to lose the point of lent and it seems pointless as I watch people give things up but they don't learn anything from it, ya know? I'm guilty of it too, though, so don't think I'm judging anyway. I didn't give up anything last year and I don't remember doing it the year before. And this year, I was struggling with what to give up. Then it hit me Wed. morning. I won't tell you what it is...this is kind of a personal thing. But I do know that by giving this up, I'll be working on my relationship with God more...and working on me some more. Did anyone else give up something for lent? If you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about it.
Question. Doubt. Reassurance. Can you need reassurance without having doubt? What do you think?
Lent started this past Wed. Lent is not necessarily something that the non-denominational church's practice but most at least mention it. And some years I give up something for lent, some years I don't. I think a lot of us seem to lose the point of lent and it seems pointless as I watch people give things up but they don't learn anything from it, ya know? I'm guilty of it too, though, so don't think I'm judging anyway. I didn't give up anything last year and I don't remember doing it the year before. And this year, I was struggling with what to give up. Then it hit me Wed. morning. I won't tell you what it is...this is kind of a personal thing. But I do know that by giving this up, I'll be working on my relationship with God more...and working on me some more. Did anyone else give up something for lent? If you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about it.
Question. Doubt. Reassurance. Can you need reassurance without having doubt? What do you think?
Comments