I was going to sit here and write some lengthy blog while I sit here waiting for all of this snow. But I ended up catching up on all the blogs I haven't read in awhile. For all of you whom I follow, I do read even though I don't comment often. I love what I read from all of you!!!
Yep, I'm sitting here waiting on snow. It's actually snowing now. I'm basically just waiting to see what it would look like in the morning. I live in Ohio so we see snow quite often. It feels like it's been every other day since Dec. 1 but I'm sure that's a slight exaggeration. The difference this time is the amount of snow. We usually only get a few inches. This time they're calling for up to a foot. AHHH!!! I'm not a huge fan of snow. Yes, it's pretty! It would be much prettier if it just snowed in the grass and on the trees...things like that. But unfortunately, that's not the way it works. So there will be snow...on the roads, on my car, on my deck, on my steps...you get the picture. And the snow will need shoveled. Ugh. A foot of snow wouldn't be bad if it all came tonight. Then more than likely we'd all have a snow day around here...schools and businesses shut down. But that doesn't seem to be the plan. Looks like most of us will all ready be at work when the worst of it hits. Which means we have to be able to get back home. I don't live far from work, but in that much snow, it doesn't really matter. So I'm just not looking forward to any of it.
Then to top it off, they're talking about ice. ICE!!! Now, ice in my freezer is a good thing. Ice outside on the streets and power lines...not so good. And although 1/4-1/2in doesn't sound like much, for those of us who live around this stuff, you know it's not a good thing. And when ice is mentioned around here, all we can all think of is the ice storm from like 5 years ago. Going without power for days is not what I want...ever. So I guess I'd rather just have snow...if I have to make a choice between the two.
But in anticipation of what could happen, everything is charging. The Nook. My portable DVD player. This laptop here shortly. I've got plenty of candles. Batteries in my flashlight. And I have tons of blankets. I'll be set for awhile. I even went to get some movies today so that if I got stuck inside, I'd have things to watch!!!
I also have extra clothes packed for work...but not because I'm afraid of getting snowed in there (except they have cable, internet, food and some amazing couches to sleep on so life wouldn't be so bad there either) but because if there's lots of snow outside by time I get ready to leave work, I'm hoping to make at least a snow angel! If I'm lucky, Tera will even let me throw some snowballs at her (although I'm sure she'll be throwing them back). I just figure before I get home and get stuck inside, I might as well have some fun. Oh! That reminds me...I need to grab a hat!
If you're one of the MANY people waiting for it to snow (or currently watching it come down), please be careful out there. There are many people who will have to be out in it no matter what the weather brings. And try to have a positive attitude about it all. I know...I haven't sounded all that optimistic, but I'll be honest...a day off with nowhere to go and nothing to do sounds AMAZING. Junk food. Movies. Jammies all day. It won't be that bad! Life could definitely be worse.
And now, I'm off to watch the school delays scroll across the bottom of the screen...
Yep, I'm sitting here waiting on snow. It's actually snowing now. I'm basically just waiting to see what it would look like in the morning. I live in Ohio so we see snow quite often. It feels like it's been every other day since Dec. 1 but I'm sure that's a slight exaggeration. The difference this time is the amount of snow. We usually only get a few inches. This time they're calling for up to a foot. AHHH!!! I'm not a huge fan of snow. Yes, it's pretty! It would be much prettier if it just snowed in the grass and on the trees...things like that. But unfortunately, that's not the way it works. So there will be snow...on the roads, on my car, on my deck, on my steps...you get the picture. And the snow will need shoveled. Ugh. A foot of snow wouldn't be bad if it all came tonight. Then more than likely we'd all have a snow day around here...schools and businesses shut down. But that doesn't seem to be the plan. Looks like most of us will all ready be at work when the worst of it hits. Which means we have to be able to get back home. I don't live far from work, but in that much snow, it doesn't really matter. So I'm just not looking forward to any of it.
Then to top it off, they're talking about ice. ICE!!! Now, ice in my freezer is a good thing. Ice outside on the streets and power lines...not so good. And although 1/4-1/2in doesn't sound like much, for those of us who live around this stuff, you know it's not a good thing. And when ice is mentioned around here, all we can all think of is the ice storm from like 5 years ago. Going without power for days is not what I want...ever. So I guess I'd rather just have snow...if I have to make a choice between the two.
But in anticipation of what could happen, everything is charging. The Nook. My portable DVD player. This laptop here shortly. I've got plenty of candles. Batteries in my flashlight. And I have tons of blankets. I'll be set for awhile. I even went to get some movies today so that if I got stuck inside, I'd have things to watch!!!
I also have extra clothes packed for work...but not because I'm afraid of getting snowed in there (except they have cable, internet, food and some amazing couches to sleep on so life wouldn't be so bad there either) but because if there's lots of snow outside by time I get ready to leave work, I'm hoping to make at least a snow angel! If I'm lucky, Tera will even let me throw some snowballs at her (although I'm sure she'll be throwing them back). I just figure before I get home and get stuck inside, I might as well have some fun. Oh! That reminds me...I need to grab a hat!
If you're one of the MANY people waiting for it to snow (or currently watching it come down), please be careful out there. There are many people who will have to be out in it no matter what the weather brings. And try to have a positive attitude about it all. I know...I haven't sounded all that optimistic, but I'll be honest...a day off with nowhere to go and nothing to do sounds AMAZING. Junk food. Movies. Jammies all day. It won't be that bad! Life could definitely be worse.
And now, I'm off to watch the school delays scroll across the bottom of the screen...
Comments