I'm not a girlie girl by any means. I love my jeans and tshirt. And adding a sweatshirt just makes my life complete!!! I love my tennis shoes too. Just a simple fact. And yes, I may straighten my hair and wear it done...get it colored and all of that...but still, I love a ponytail the best.
But today was dress shopping. I mentioned back after my Gatlinburg vacation that my friend Sarah asked me to be her Maid of Honor (and I cried). And so today was bridesmaid dress shopping for us girls. I was nervous. I'll admit that. I was nervous cause I'm not some thin, nicely shaped girl. And now I'd be with a few girls I didn't even know trying on dresses. Ugh. I actually had several dreams last night about bridesmaids dresses. Crazy!!! But I hopped in the car this morning, looking forward to lunch with Sarah and her mom. And her mom always makes me feel good...the first thing she said to me when she saw me was how gorgeous I am! I definitely think she was exaggerating but it makes me feel good none-the-less.
Once we got to the bridal store though, the nervousness started to settle back in. We were looking through the dresses of the designer that Sarah had picked...and I didn't see my size. Then a nice lady walked over and asked if she could help. She then picked out a dress I was sure wouldn't fit and I wouldn't look good in but I agreed and tried it on. AND FELL IN LOVE!!!! Oh my goodness...I would have never picked this dress for myself...and I would have never thought it would fit. It was a size too small but I was still able to get it on and get an idea for what it would be like wearing it. Oh my... I had Sarah and her mom come back to look at it and they fell in love with it as well!!! I love it!!!
Here's the dress I tried on...
Since I'm the MOH, I'm the only girl with a floor length dress (we all have different dresses). And only 2 of us (there are 6 total) don't have grape accents on the dress.
I did fall in love!!! I was so surprised that I loved a dress so much but I did!!!!
This is the actual dress I tried on. I wish you could see the back! It was just as beautiful!!! Don't worry...once they're ordered and all of that, I'll make sure you get a pic of me in it. If nothing else, you'll see pics from the wedding!!!
But today was dress shopping. I mentioned back after my Gatlinburg vacation that my friend Sarah asked me to be her Maid of Honor (and I cried). And so today was bridesmaid dress shopping for us girls. I was nervous. I'll admit that. I was nervous cause I'm not some thin, nicely shaped girl. And now I'd be with a few girls I didn't even know trying on dresses. Ugh. I actually had several dreams last night about bridesmaids dresses. Crazy!!! But I hopped in the car this morning, looking forward to lunch with Sarah and her mom. And her mom always makes me feel good...the first thing she said to me when she saw me was how gorgeous I am! I definitely think she was exaggerating but it makes me feel good none-the-less.
Once we got to the bridal store though, the nervousness started to settle back in. We were looking through the dresses of the designer that Sarah had picked...and I didn't see my size. Then a nice lady walked over and asked if she could help. She then picked out a dress I was sure wouldn't fit and I wouldn't look good in but I agreed and tried it on. AND FELL IN LOVE!!!! Oh my goodness...I would have never picked this dress for myself...and I would have never thought it would fit. It was a size too small but I was still able to get it on and get an idea for what it would be like wearing it. Oh my... I had Sarah and her mom come back to look at it and they fell in love with it as well!!! I love it!!!
Here's the dress I tried on...
Obviously that's not me...I'm not skinny...or white!!! (No offense to either!) Here you can see the detail at the top of the dress. Mine is going to have spaghetti stripes and is in the color cherry (a little differen't than the color shown).
I did fall in love!!! I was so surprised that I loved a dress so much but I did!!!!
This is the actual dress I tried on. I wish you could see the back! It was just as beautiful!!! Don't worry...once they're ordered and all of that, I'll make sure you get a pic of me in it. If nothing else, you'll see pics from the wedding!!!



Comments