One of my goals (not a resolution...I don't really do those) for 2012 was to learn some new recipes. I was kind of tired of doing the same stuff. It gets boring and then I don't want to cook. I don't want to end up as Julie and Julia or anything but I definitely wanted to try some new things. My first goal was to try a new recipe per week but I know that it won't always happen. So I don't have a set number. I just hope I get to try more and more stuff.
I don't have a picture of the Chicken Roll Ups I made last week but they were so simple!
Ingredients:
*can of crescent rolls
*cream cheese (I used the cooking cream but you can use the regular. Just make sure it's softened.)
*shredded cheese
*green onions
*chicken pieces
Directions:
There is not exact science to this. I got the idea from Pinterest and then adapted it for what I had around the house. I cut up chicken pieces (I had some left over from making chicken fajitas a few days before). I mixed the cooked chicken pieces, cream cheese, shredded cheese (I used colby jack) and green onions in a bowl. I laid out the crescent rolls and put the filling at the end of the crescent roll (the bigger end). Then I rolled the crescent roll around the mixture, making sure I folded in the ends as best I could. Then you just place on a baking sheet (coated with cooking spray). Then place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Play around with this recipe! I imagine there's more you can do with it!
Tonight I made Taco Stuffed Shells. I love pasta! I lot!! And I like tacos so this sounded like a good idea. Again, I got this idea from Pinterest but I adapted this one a lot!
Ingredients:
*Approximately 12-15 jumbo pasta shells
*1lb ground beef
*salsa
*shredded cheese (I used taco blend but any will work)
*green onions
*taco seasoning
Directions:
Brown the hamburger. Then add the taco seasoning according to directions. While you do that, make the pasta shells. Make sure the hamburger has plenty of time to cool before putting in the shells. Once the shells are done, drain them and toss them in butter. Line a baking dish with a layer of salsa (I used mild chunky salsa). Stuff each shell with the hamburger. Cover the dish and place in the preheated over (350) for 30 minutes. Then remove the shells from the oven. Stuff with the green onions and cover in the taco blend cheese. Place in the oven for about another 10 minutes. Turns out delicious!!!
I only had about a 1/2lb of hamburger but it's just me so that worked. I think next time I'll add onion and green pepper to the hamburger mixture just to give it a little more taste. It was good though just the way it was!! I did take picture of this one tonight.
I don't have a picture of the Chicken Roll Ups I made last week but they were so simple!
Ingredients:
*can of crescent rolls
*cream cheese (I used the cooking cream but you can use the regular. Just make sure it's softened.)
*shredded cheese
*green onions
*chicken pieces
Directions:
There is not exact science to this. I got the idea from Pinterest and then adapted it for what I had around the house. I cut up chicken pieces (I had some left over from making chicken fajitas a few days before). I mixed the cooked chicken pieces, cream cheese, shredded cheese (I used colby jack) and green onions in a bowl. I laid out the crescent rolls and put the filling at the end of the crescent roll (the bigger end). Then I rolled the crescent roll around the mixture, making sure I folded in the ends as best I could. Then you just place on a baking sheet (coated with cooking spray). Then place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Play around with this recipe! I imagine there's more you can do with it!
Tonight I made Taco Stuffed Shells. I love pasta! I lot!! And I like tacos so this sounded like a good idea. Again, I got this idea from Pinterest but I adapted this one a lot!
Ingredients:
*Approximately 12-15 jumbo pasta shells
*1lb ground beef
*salsa
*shredded cheese (I used taco blend but any will work)
*green onions
*taco seasoning
Directions:
Brown the hamburger. Then add the taco seasoning according to directions. While you do that, make the pasta shells. Make sure the hamburger has plenty of time to cool before putting in the shells. Once the shells are done, drain them and toss them in butter. Line a baking dish with a layer of salsa (I used mild chunky salsa). Stuff each shell with the hamburger. Cover the dish and place in the preheated over (350) for 30 minutes. Then remove the shells from the oven. Stuff with the green onions and cover in the taco blend cheese. Place in the oven for about another 10 minutes. Turns out delicious!!!
I only had about a 1/2lb of hamburger but it's just me so that worked. I think next time I'll add onion and green pepper to the hamburger mixture just to give it a little more taste. It was good though just the way it was!! I did take picture of this one tonight.
This is what it looked like before I placed it in the oven!
Here's what it looked like all done! They were so good!!! Defnitely give it a try and let me know what you come up with!


Comments