MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And all of that other jazz! I thought I had written a blog in the last few weeks. I'm clearly wrong. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll get better at it. I'd say that's a resolution for this year but it's not. But that doesn't mean I won't work better at it.
I think my last post was sometime before Thanksgiving. So I guess a HAPPY THANKSGIVING is also in order! I had a good Thanksgiving. My dad, mom and I always spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family at my uncle's. Lots of food! Lots of stories. Lots of laughter! This year was no different! My uncle even brought out my Gram's old photo albums and we got to look through old pictures of the family. That brought out even more family stories!
He's part pug, part beagle. Isn't he cute!? That's him sleeping in the car. Apparently I was boring him!
I love having him around! It's been an adjustment for both of us but it's working out well! Although, I think I may have the only dog that doesn't like the wet grass. He won't pee or poop in the grass when it's wet...which is basically all it is these days. So he pees and poops on the patio. Does anyone have any pointers on how to change this??????
December is always busy because of the Christmas season. But if add the Breakfast with Santa fundraiser we did at work along with our Christmas program, staff Christmas party, trying to unpack and just normal life stuff, I was starting to feel like the Energizer Bunny! I felt like I was always going...always doing something. I was definitely ready for Christmas break!!!
Here's the tree at my new apartment! Mom, Dad and I (along with Buckeye and Snoodles) had Christmas at my house this year. It was so relaxing!!! After church, mom and I changed back into our jammies!! It was strange that Dad was the only one in regular clothes! That rarely happens!
Like I said, Mom and I changed into our jammies after church. And we had matching ones! It's kind of a tradition for us. And I love it! We laid around the rest of the day. It was so relaxing!!! Wanna hear about some of my favorite Christmas presents??? Of course you do! That's why you're still reading! I was sitting at church, waiting for it to start when Keagen and Kale come running down the aisle to see me. I love those boys! Keagen quickly opens a wallet and shows me a picture of him and I from when he was 3 I think. It was a picture of the two of us in our baby blue Michael Jordan shirts. It wasn't until after he showed me the picture that I realized he got an Ohio State wallet for Christmas. Shanda told me after church that our picture was the first picture he put in his wallet. Oh, I love that boy!!! That was definitely a favorite!!! Another favorite was the book I got from mom and dad. They got me A Charlie Brown Christmas. But it was the recordable book! And they both recording themselves reading the book to me. I will hold on to that forever! Who cares that I'm 33!? I love it!!! And another favorite present was something pretty simple...there we were at church...me, mom, her best friend Jill, dad, my best friend Shanda and her family...all in the same row...all together at church on Christmas morning. Perfect. I loved every moment of that!!!
That moment was even more special because of something that happened a few days before Christmas. A woman who I've known since I was a teenager passed away a few days before Christmas. Karen B was just 44 years old. And she was an amazing woman. She was nice to everyone who crossed her path. She had been sick due to diabetes but no one expected this. Her best friend was at church that Sunday on Christmas and I can't imagine how she felt not being able to celebrate Christmas with her best friend of 30 plus years. And I got to be just a few seats away from my best friend of 18 years (wow..that's crazy). I definitely appreciated that moment even more.
Our daycare was closed this past week because of the Christmas holiday. Most people would enjoy the week doing nothing! Just hanging out. But I worked. Not nearly like I usually do but I did work some. Sometimes it's just easier to work when there's no one in the building. I didn't have to answer the phone. There weren't teachers coming in and out of the office. I got so much done!!! I got things done last week that I'm usually still working on coming the middle of January. It feels good to be ahead. I've felt behind at work for months!!! So this is a relief.
I took this past Friday though and just enjoyed the day for myself. I didn't do anything I didn't want to do. I laid around a lot. Watched lots of TV. I had a "me" day. I think I'm kind of doing that today again!!!
New Years Eve was nice too! A few girls came over and we played games and talked and laughed! If you like to play games, UNO Roboto should definitely be a game you have! It cracked us up! The robot even burped while we were playing!! We also played the Logo Brand game. That was lots of fun too!!! We had a great time! We brought in the new year with noise makers, sparking grape juice and watching the ball drop! A great way to start the new year!
At some point this evening I will work on my Year End Review video for 2011. I've been doing that for last couple of years and I think people like to see it. I hope you do anyway! If I'm lucky, I'll get it finished by tomorrow evening cause it's back to work on Tues.
Tomorrow is the Ohio State game! We're playing in the Gator Bowl this year. It's not one of the greatest bowls but after the year the Buckeyes have had, I'm sure they're ready to show their stuff!!! Plus, we don't get to play in a bowl next year (don't get me started). And I got this HUGE Ohio State chair that I want to put up tomorrow in honor of the game! Don't worry...I will definitely post a picture of that!!!
I think that may sum up the last month. I hope so anyway! I pray that you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and a HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! I pray that no matter where you are in your life that you are able to see the many blessings surrounding you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I think my last post was sometime before Thanksgiving. So I guess a HAPPY THANKSGIVING is also in order! I had a good Thanksgiving. My dad, mom and I always spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family at my uncle's. Lots of food! Lots of stories. Lots of laughter! This year was no different! My uncle even brought out my Gram's old photo albums and we got to look through old pictures of the family. That brought out even more family stories!
Here's a picture of Mom and Dad early on into their relationship! Check out Dad's pants!!!
My uncle pulled out this baby picture of me. I have to say...I was kind of cute!
Here's Mom and Dad on Thanksgiving Day! I love these two!!!
Of course there was shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Actually, it started Thanksgiving night. And Sarah joined Staci and I this year. We laughed so much!!! We laughed way more than we shopped!!! And we got some great deals!!! Loved every moment of it!
Moving was a success!!! And definitely something I'm not a big fan of! Ugh! I have to thank my amazing friend Sarah, though. She was there with me through most of it! I got my keys on Nov. 28 I think it was. And the first thing I put in my apartment was my Christmas tree!! I love Christmas and I didn't want the moving process to get in the way of my Christmas decorating!!! I still worked on Mon and Tues but took a few hours in the middle of each day to get some little things moved and put away. Sarah joined and we had fun! Dec. 1 was the big moving day! I took the day off, Sarah came over that morning and we got to moving! Mom helped out too. Mom stayed at the new apartment so that when the cable people came and all of that, then someone was here. That was helpful too! I am so thankful for the moving guys!!! We all know my favorite thing about my old apartment was the deck. That's also the worst thing when it comes to moving...especially big things! But the moving guys did all of that and I was so thankful! (I'm not sure they felt the same way but they were amazing!) To make a long story short, the moving guys didn't get things to my new apartment until about 6:30 that evening. And I was already exhausted. So nothing much got done that evening...especially since I was back to work on Thurs!!
That Thurs. evening brought a surprise of it's own though. My best friend Tera was coming home for the weekend which I was excited about even though I knew I wouldn't see much of her just because I was kind of busy and she had plenty of people to see. The plan was for her to come home some time on Friday and I was so excited!! I got to talk to her through text most of the day on Thurs which I was so thankful for. It doesn't happen often and I miss that stuff. But by the end of my work day, I knew she was up to something but I wasn't quite sure what. To make another long (and probably boring) story short, Tera appeared at work as I was leaving for the evening. She came to Ohio early to surprise me. I WAS SO HAPPY! I hit her of course for lying to me all day but it was so worth it! It didn't matter how tired I was, I was so glad to see her and hear her voice! I didn't get to see her much that weekend. But at least I got to see her. Hopefully it will hold me over until she gets to come again for another visit.
I also got a dog that weekend!!! My friend Mallory had a dog that she was unable to keep in her new apartment and so she offered to him to me. I met Jack (that was his name then) and instantly liked him. He was just a good dog! And seemed like he'd be easy to spoil! So I brought him home the Sat. evening after I moved. I know, a whole lot going on in just a short period of the time! I also changed his name...which didn't take him long to pick up on. Only took him about a week to start answering to just Buckeye instead of Buckeye Jack. His name is Buckeye Raegen now.
Almost every picture I take of him, especially with my phone, makes his eyes look scary instead of showing how big and brown they are!
Here's where I found him the other day...curled up in my bed...where he isn't supposed to be!
He already has his own chair in the house but he knows he's only supposed to be in the chair when the blanket is there. The other day he was sleeping with his face buried in the chair. Silly dog!
I love having him around! It's been an adjustment for both of us but it's working out well! Although, I think I may have the only dog that doesn't like the wet grass. He won't pee or poop in the grass when it's wet...which is basically all it is these days. So he pees and poops on the patio. Does anyone have any pointers on how to change this??????
December is always busy because of the Christmas season. But if add the Breakfast with Santa fundraiser we did at work along with our Christmas program, staff Christmas party, trying to unpack and just normal life stuff, I was starting to feel like the Energizer Bunny! I felt like I was always going...always doing something. I was definitely ready for Christmas break!!!
Here's the tree at my new apartment! Mom, Dad and I (along with Buckeye and Snoodles) had Christmas at my house this year. It was so relaxing!!! After church, mom and I changed back into our jammies!! It was strange that Dad was the only one in regular clothes! That rarely happens!
Snoodles and Buckeye both got new blankets, these lollipop rawhide treats (Snoodles has been getting them since we got her) and these dog bone cookies!! Snoodles loves them...and I think Buckeye quickly fell in love with them too! They're a little spoiled!
Like I said, Mom and I changed into our jammies after church. And we had matching ones! It's kind of a tradition for us. And I love it! We laid around the rest of the day. It was so relaxing!!! Wanna hear about some of my favorite Christmas presents??? Of course you do! That's why you're still reading! I was sitting at church, waiting for it to start when Keagen and Kale come running down the aisle to see me. I love those boys! Keagen quickly opens a wallet and shows me a picture of him and I from when he was 3 I think. It was a picture of the two of us in our baby blue Michael Jordan shirts. It wasn't until after he showed me the picture that I realized he got an Ohio State wallet for Christmas. Shanda told me after church that our picture was the first picture he put in his wallet. Oh, I love that boy!!! That was definitely a favorite!!! Another favorite was the book I got from mom and dad. They got me A Charlie Brown Christmas. But it was the recordable book! And they both recording themselves reading the book to me. I will hold on to that forever! Who cares that I'm 33!? I love it!!! And another favorite present was something pretty simple...there we were at church...me, mom, her best friend Jill, dad, my best friend Shanda and her family...all in the same row...all together at church on Christmas morning. Perfect. I loved every moment of that!!!
That moment was even more special because of something that happened a few days before Christmas. A woman who I've known since I was a teenager passed away a few days before Christmas. Karen B was just 44 years old. And she was an amazing woman. She was nice to everyone who crossed her path. She had been sick due to diabetes but no one expected this. Her best friend was at church that Sunday on Christmas and I can't imagine how she felt not being able to celebrate Christmas with her best friend of 30 plus years. And I got to be just a few seats away from my best friend of 18 years (wow..that's crazy). I definitely appreciated that moment even more.
Our daycare was closed this past week because of the Christmas holiday. Most people would enjoy the week doing nothing! Just hanging out. But I worked. Not nearly like I usually do but I did work some. Sometimes it's just easier to work when there's no one in the building. I didn't have to answer the phone. There weren't teachers coming in and out of the office. I got so much done!!! I got things done last week that I'm usually still working on coming the middle of January. It feels good to be ahead. I've felt behind at work for months!!! So this is a relief.
I took this past Friday though and just enjoyed the day for myself. I didn't do anything I didn't want to do. I laid around a lot. Watched lots of TV. I had a "me" day. I think I'm kind of doing that today again!!!
New Years Eve was nice too! A few girls came over and we played games and talked and laughed! If you like to play games, UNO Roboto should definitely be a game you have! It cracked us up! The robot even burped while we were playing!! We also played the Logo Brand game. That was lots of fun too!!! We had a great time! We brought in the new year with noise makers, sparking grape juice and watching the ball drop! A great way to start the new year!
At some point this evening I will work on my Year End Review video for 2011. I've been doing that for last couple of years and I think people like to see it. I hope you do anyway! If I'm lucky, I'll get it finished by tomorrow evening cause it's back to work on Tues.
Tomorrow is the Ohio State game! We're playing in the Gator Bowl this year. It's not one of the greatest bowls but after the year the Buckeyes have had, I'm sure they're ready to show their stuff!!! Plus, we don't get to play in a bowl next year (don't get me started). And I got this HUGE Ohio State chair that I want to put up tomorrow in honor of the game! Don't worry...I will definitely post a picture of that!!!
I think that may sum up the last month. I hope so anyway! I pray that you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and a HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! I pray that no matter where you are in your life that you are able to see the many blessings surrounding you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!







Comments