Skip to main content

Forgiveness...Again

I have been such a bad blogger!  But man, things have been busy.  Our Spring Program at work was this past Tues. and getting ready for that always makes things super busy.  It went so well!  I haven't had a chance to look at the video yet but I'm excited to sit down and do some editing with it.  The kids were adorable.  They all did so well.  Most of the parents had tears in their eyes.  The kids worked hard and it showed.  And as always, our staff made the whole thing come together brilliantly!  The Christmas and Spring programs make things CRAZY but I love doing them!!!

I started a blog a couple of weekends ago and just never got it finished.  So I need to back up to that point so I don't sound like a complete crazy person (no comments please...ha ha).  Saturday April 30 was the Lovewell Tour concert that I've been looking forward to for MONTHS.  This is definitely not an exaggeration.  The concert was originally supposed to include Brandon Heath, Natalie Grant and MercyMe.  But due to some scheduling conflicts, Natalie Grant was unable to attend.  That was a slight bummer.  I was probably more excited to see her than anyone but that's ok.  I knew it was going to be a concert no matter what.  Hopefully WillRock4Food will be able to bring Natalie to the area soon so I can hear her sing Held live.  That's what I had my heart set on!  This concert was amazing though anyway.  Just more music from Brandon Heath and MercyMe!  No complaints here!  This concert was a lot different than the Josh Wilson/Matthew West concert that Tera and I went to back in March.  That was an amazing concert as well but we heard lots of stories behind the songs that Matthew West had written.  And that made the experience more real.  There was at least one song we could all relate to but for most of us, there were several.  The Lovewell concert though was more of a worship experience.  Just a whole lot of praisin' the Lord.  It really doesn't get much better than that!  I could have sat (and stood) in those bleachers all night long listening and singing along.  That Saturday had definitely not turned out the way I had wanted it to but that night was exactly what I needed. 

By time that Saturday morning started, I was ready to just give up on something and hold a grudge.  I don't usually hold a grudge or stay mad.  I just don't.  It doesn't do me any good.  I know that.  Plus, really, I believe that it just ends up giving the other person exactly what they wanted to begin with right?  I'm the miserable one.  Not them.  But the week had worn on me.  Saying that it had been a long week would have been understatement.  Something had happened a few days before Saturday that really showed me the true colors of someone.  It was one of those things where you knew without a doubt that someone had done this to backstab and just be evil.  And it didn't just affect me.  It affected several people around me.  Lots of people got caught in the crossfire of someone who really just wanted to be mean.  And I honestly still don't know why.  Sometimes there's a reason...they're jealous, or they thought you did something to them first...things like that.  But that wasn't the case.  So I don't understand.  I do know that some people can just be mean to be mean.  And maybe that was the case.  I don't really know.  But I know it made me feel more angry than I think I've been in a very long time.  And that's not a good feeling.  But I also have to say that the anger made me say some things...and be more honest than I had been in awhile too.  There was definitely no hiding my feelings.  I think there was steam coming out of my ears.  I remained calm but I was honest.  And I think that caused a person or two to take a step back and realize that I won't just stand by and let people treat me or others the way we were that day.  If you add that to something that happened Saturday morning, I was at the end of my rope.  I was ready to hold a grudge...for a very long time.  And I was hoping that this person realized exactly what had been done and I was hoping it made them miserable. 

Then came this concert.  Brandon Heath talked about forgiveness and how important it was in our own lives.  What he said wasn't anything new.  I've heard it a million times.  Heck, I've probably said it a few times myself.  But to hear it at that time, from someone who clearly had no idea what was going on in my head, was exactly what I needed.  That doesn't mean though that the forgiveness has come easily.  I spent the next week wanting to scream...A LOT.  And I'll admit, I did scream a few times.  There were arguments.  More than needed probably.  And I kept telling myself I had to forgive...but man, things just kept making me mad!!  And the more I found out about the situation that had happened a few days before the concert, the harder it was to forgive. 

But I spent some time last weekend doing some real thinking and praying.  And really believe I was able to forgive.  At least one person for sure.  I'm still working on another.  (Hey, at least I'm honest.)  And the forgiveness made this past week much easier.  I was able to talk.  I was able to listen.  I didn't feel like screaming.  I didn't feel overwhelmed.  I wasn't stressed.  I wasn't angry.  Forgiveness is definitely one of those things that will come up constantly in life and I've learned that it's one of those things I will have to continue to work on.  It's easy to forgive the little things that don't really affect us.  But man, those big things...those things that hurt us emotionally...those are harder to forgive.  But I'm working on it.  A lot!  I've done some more thinking and praying this weekend and I'm going to try to face this coming week with even a better attitude than last week.  And I'm hoping my attitude will change the attitudes of others. 

Speaking of nights of worship, we had a night of worship at my church last night.  AWESOME!!  Started at 7:30pm and we didn't leave til 10pm!!  Worship music and testimonies.  There weren't a ton of people there but the people that were there were the people that needed it the most.  I was so looking forward to it!  I woke up with a sore throat yesterday but I was determined to go last night and I did.  I've been laying all day today though because I haven't felt too good but oh well.  It was so worth it!  God did some amazing things in our church last night.  It's been a tough week for us as a church family but last night was confirmation that big things are going to happen and that we are moving in the right direction.  That's such a great feeling!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Lots of Names

Well, this is my fourth Friday in my apartment!!! It really does feel like home for the most part!!! Tera helped me...wait...I take that back. Tera MOVED my swing and table from mom and dad's a few weeks ago and so that is now on my deck! I love it!! Although, I have to admit that I haven't been home too much to enjoy it but at least I know it's there. Hopefully I'll get the chance to relax on my swing this weekend. I set my smoke alarm off the other night! That was funny! I was cooking a chicken patty and some fries in the oven. All of a sudden I hear this loud beeping! Of course once I realized it was the smoke alarm, I ran into the kitchen. Everything was good in there! Food was cooking just fine! Apparently it just got too hot in here for the smoke alarm. The funny part though is me standing on the chair trying to figure out why the alarm won't quit chirping every 45 seconds...even after I took out the battery! So after a text to the landlords (who laughed), I r...

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Question Meme 01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Nope.  Unless you count my job as a serious relationship. 02) What was your dream growing up? To be a teacher.  Get married.  Have a dog!  :-) 03) What talent do you wish you had? Play the piano well.  I'm currently working on that.  04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Strawberry lemonade 05) Favorite vegetable? Green beans.  06) What was the last book you read? I'll be finishing Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury today then starting Listen later on this evening.  07) What zodiac sign are you? Virgo 08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. Just ears 09) Worst Habit? Today???  :-)  Overanalyzing things.  10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? Depends on who you are.  11) What is your favorite sport? Basketball.  Can't play it but love watching it.  And of cours...