Katie McKenna has never loved any man but one: billionaire Luc DeForges. He was her first love. But there are a billion reasons why she's engaged instead to Dexter Hastings, a solid and stable man who wants the same things she does: marriage and a family but all of the things that she wants without the deep-seeded pain and fear of being abandoned that Luc brings.
Dexter and she have worked an arrangement that's akin to faith without action, love without deeds -- a dead faith. Going home to New Orleans to sing for her childhood friend's wedding, Katie must search her heart to find out if any of her reasons for being with Dexter are stronger than love. Only when Katie steps fully into faith and jumps off the cliff of life into the arms of Luc does she understand the fullness of God's grace.
*****
I am a big fan of Kristin Billerbeck's book so I was very excited to come across this one on my Nook!!! I loved the different personalities in this book. Each character is different but they all compliment each other so well. I fell in love with Katie's best friend, Eileen! We all need a friend that's been with us through so much and will be honest about their feelings...whether we agree or not!
If you just read this book and don't give much thought to the little things in the story line, then it ends up being just another love story. Don't get me wrong. I love a good love story! I am a hopeless romantic! But I also loved reading about God's grace. Katie made a mistake. Don't we all? And yes, to those around her, it was a big one. Even to her, it was a big mistake. And she allowed that mistake to define her. I could definitely identify with that. But once she forgave herself and allowed God to show her love, she really began to understand God's grace and how that was sufficient for her life. Don't we all need God's grace?? We've all made mistakes. And a lot of times we allow those mistakes to define us. We allow those mistakes to dictate our life and we sometimes feel we're not worthy of God's grace because of the mistakes. But God has bigger and better plans for our lives!!! It took Katie a little while to see this but once she did, she got to experience the love God had for her.
This is definitely a good read and an amazing reminder of God's grace and love for us. Whether you buy it on your Nook or buy a paper copy, I definitely recommend this book. I give this a rating of 3 (out of 4) Nooks! (I know...I'm kind of silly but I like the idea! If you have a better idea for helping me rate this, let me know! Or if someone is willing to design me something to use for my ratings, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!)


Comments