OK...so not too many things make me mad instantly. I'm one of those people that thinks through things and then things start to frustrate me. I don't just get mad instantly. And prior to today, if someone had asked me what could make me mad instantly, I doubt I'd be able to answer cause things like that just don't happen often. But today definitely brought one of those things to mind...
Most of you know that I work at a child care center. I love kids! But we also know that kids can have some rough moments. And that was the case today. And a teacher called me for assistance in getting that child under control. So I headed downstairs to where all of our kids eat lunch. As I come around the corner, I spot the child I need to help...at the same instance, a hand waves in front of my face. Now, when I say in front of my face, I don't mean like a foot or so away. And I don't mean like a hand waving in front of my face cause I've zoned out or something. This hand was maybe an inch from my face. I take a step back and turn to my left to see exactly who's doing this to me. It was not an employee. Not a parent either. We'll simply call her a volunteer. I look right at her and say, "First of all, my name is Deidra. Second of all, don't ever wave your hand in front of my face again." Maybe that sounds harsh. But really...who does that to someone????? She says, "Well, I was trying to get your attention." So I said, "So say my name." She said, "Well I need to talk to you." And my response was, "Well, that child needs me so you'll have to wait." Then while talking to the teacher a few minutes later about this child's behavior, the volunteer comes back and gets between the teacher and I and says, "I need to talk to you." "Well, you're going to have to wait." She's pushing my patience...BIG TIME!!! A few of the other employees were close by when this volunteer waved her hand in front of my face and one told me that I looked like I was going to punch her. I didn't realize that was the look I had on my face, but really, that's something that annoys me. It's just rude!!! Just think through things before you do them! Especially something like that...especially to someone you want a job from...which is why she needed me. Come to find out, she wanted to know if I'd hire her. Hmmmm...let me think about that...ha.
Anyway...I know I've been kind of absent lately. Things were much busier the last few weeks between all of the things I had to do and the things that ended up needing done...plus the crazy weather. If it's not snowing, then things are flooding around here. But I know I should be grateful. Through all of this crazy weather, I never wrecked my car or injured myself in the snow. And even though plenty of people had damage from the flooding just at the beginning of the week, I wasn't one of them. So I know I'm blessed. That doesn't mean though that Spring won't be a huge relief!
Most of you know that I work at a child care center. I love kids! But we also know that kids can have some rough moments. And that was the case today. And a teacher called me for assistance in getting that child under control. So I headed downstairs to where all of our kids eat lunch. As I come around the corner, I spot the child I need to help...at the same instance, a hand waves in front of my face. Now, when I say in front of my face, I don't mean like a foot or so away. And I don't mean like a hand waving in front of my face cause I've zoned out or something. This hand was maybe an inch from my face. I take a step back and turn to my left to see exactly who's doing this to me. It was not an employee. Not a parent either. We'll simply call her a volunteer. I look right at her and say, "First of all, my name is Deidra. Second of all, don't ever wave your hand in front of my face again." Maybe that sounds harsh. But really...who does that to someone????? She says, "Well, I was trying to get your attention." So I said, "So say my name." She said, "Well I need to talk to you." And my response was, "Well, that child needs me so you'll have to wait." Then while talking to the teacher a few minutes later about this child's behavior, the volunteer comes back and gets between the teacher and I and says, "I need to talk to you." "Well, you're going to have to wait." She's pushing my patience...BIG TIME!!! A few of the other employees were close by when this volunteer waved her hand in front of my face and one told me that I looked like I was going to punch her. I didn't realize that was the look I had on my face, but really, that's something that annoys me. It's just rude!!! Just think through things before you do them! Especially something like that...especially to someone you want a job from...which is why she needed me. Come to find out, she wanted to know if I'd hire her. Hmmmm...let me think about that...ha.
Anyway...I know I've been kind of absent lately. Things were much busier the last few weeks between all of the things I had to do and the things that ended up needing done...plus the crazy weather. If it's not snowing, then things are flooding around here. But I know I should be grateful. Through all of this crazy weather, I never wrecked my car or injured myself in the snow. And even though plenty of people had damage from the flooding just at the beginning of the week, I wasn't one of them. So I know I'm blessed. That doesn't mean though that Spring won't be a huge relief!
Comments