On my 9th birthday, as I blew out the candles on my cake, I wished to be 9 FOREVER. I wasn't one of those kids who wanted to grow up. Cause I knew the facts...that was the life!!! No bills. Toys. No teenage angst. Life was good.
And here I am, 32, and paying $3.59/gallon for some dang gas!!! Yes, this bothers me. Because ultimately, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I could start walking to some places, but not every place I need to go. I can quit driving across town sometimes but not all of the time. I mean, really, I need the car...which means I'll need to buy gas...which means other things won't get bought because at $3.59/gallon, there isn't a ton of money left over for much else! When I saw the gas prices go up the other night, I huried over to our Super Walmart and their gas station...even though I didn't need gas yet. Gas there was only $3.34 so I filled up. But I know I'll need gas again...and probably have to pay the $3.59. It's just ridiculous really. I just needed to get that out there! :-)
I am loving my Nook. Have I mentioned that?? I didn't read it too much for about 2 weeks because I had an actual book I wanted to read. I should do a review of that book cause man, was it good! Maybe I'll do that later! Anyway...but now I'm back to reading on the Nook. E-Readers are a beautiful invention. Wish I had thought of it cause I'd be rich right now! (And $3.59/gallon wouldn't bother me quite as much!) But instead, I'm helping make these people rich. I'm ok with that. I love being able to take it anywhere. It doesn't take up much space. I'm not ruining pages of my books or the bindings (that drives me nuts for some reason). I don't need a bookmark! I love it!! I highly recommend the Nook. I've heard great things about the Kindle too but since I only have the Nook, I can only speak on that. I love being able to see the covers in color at the bottom of my Nook. I love the wifi connection. I just love it all! It was well worth the investment!
I've got a few errands to run this morning. I actually decided to take some time out though and have breakfast at Panera and enjoy some reading and writing. But I've been here long enough now. So I'm going to get these errands taken care of and head home. It's a beautiful weekend! Perfect for reading, listening to the MP3 player and reminding myself that spring will soon be here!!!
And here I am, 32, and paying $3.59/gallon for some dang gas!!! Yes, this bothers me. Because ultimately, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I could start walking to some places, but not every place I need to go. I can quit driving across town sometimes but not all of the time. I mean, really, I need the car...which means I'll need to buy gas...which means other things won't get bought because at $3.59/gallon, there isn't a ton of money left over for much else! When I saw the gas prices go up the other night, I huried over to our Super Walmart and their gas station...even though I didn't need gas yet. Gas there was only $3.34 so I filled up. But I know I'll need gas again...and probably have to pay the $3.59. It's just ridiculous really. I just needed to get that out there! :-)
I am loving my Nook. Have I mentioned that?? I didn't read it too much for about 2 weeks because I had an actual book I wanted to read. I should do a review of that book cause man, was it good! Maybe I'll do that later! Anyway...but now I'm back to reading on the Nook. E-Readers are a beautiful invention. Wish I had thought of it cause I'd be rich right now! (And $3.59/gallon wouldn't bother me quite as much!) But instead, I'm helping make these people rich. I'm ok with that. I love being able to take it anywhere. It doesn't take up much space. I'm not ruining pages of my books or the bindings (that drives me nuts for some reason). I don't need a bookmark! I love it!! I highly recommend the Nook. I've heard great things about the Kindle too but since I only have the Nook, I can only speak on that. I love being able to see the covers in color at the bottom of my Nook. I love the wifi connection. I just love it all! It was well worth the investment!
I've got a few errands to run this morning. I actually decided to take some time out though and have breakfast at Panera and enjoy some reading and writing. But I've been here long enough now. So I'm going to get these errands taken care of and head home. It's a beautiful weekend! Perfect for reading, listening to the MP3 player and reminding myself that spring will soon be here!!!
Comments
Be in touch soon!!