I'm not from a big city. It's bigger than some but definitely not big. So it's not often we get good acts to come to the area. But Will Rock 4 Food is a great organization and it's really growing. And over the next month, some great Christian acts are coming to the area and it's so exciting!!! Thursday night, Tera and I got to go see Josh Wilson and Matthew West.
I wanna say that Tera came across the song "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson some time in the fall and asked me if I had heard it. I hadn't. Then one morning while getting ready for church, the song came on the music channel on cable. I instantly fell in love. So when we heard he was coming, we wanted to go just to hear him sing it!
Matthew West is a name I've heard often but not someone I knew much about. I had heard some of his songs and didn't even realize they were his. So I spent the last month listening to most of his music and falling in love with almost all of it. So I was pretty excited about the Matthew West and Josh Wilson concert here in town Thurs. night.
I wouldn't describe the concert as fun. Amazing. That's a better description. I knew I needed this concert. That may be something some of you don't understand but I did. So I was looking forward to it. And I was hoping Tera would enjoy it as much as I did. And as friends I felt like we needed it too. Our friendship started with us going to church functions together and stuff like that. But life has gotten busy and as always, things change. And so, I know it's been FOREVER since her and I have done anything like this together. I hadn't even realized that til we were sitting at the concert the other night. The stories we heard from Matthew West...were sad, powerful, amazing...as I listened, I wondered to myself, "if that was me, would I have that same faith?" I wish I could sum up what that concert did for me. But today, I just can't find the words.
MercyMe, Natalie Grant and Brandon Heath are headed this way on April 30. I am SO excited!!! I may need a countdown for that! It may seem silly to you, but I think it's a blessing that groups like this are heading our way in this town. It gives so many people a chance to experience worship in this way that may never been able to before because they didn't have a car to travel or the money for the gas...the list goes on. But now as a city, we have a chance to experience this type of stuff and I think it's exciting!!!
Here's a few short videos from the concert Thurs. night. I didn't take many pics or videos. I really just took in the whole evening and listening to what God had for me. But hopefully you enjoy the few videos I did capture.
This first video is Josh Wilson singing a portion of Before the Morning. This is probably my 2nd favorite moment from the evening!
And this is Matthew West! It really was a great evening!
I wanna say that Tera came across the song "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson some time in the fall and asked me if I had heard it. I hadn't. Then one morning while getting ready for church, the song came on the music channel on cable. I instantly fell in love. So when we heard he was coming, we wanted to go just to hear him sing it!
Matthew West is a name I've heard often but not someone I knew much about. I had heard some of his songs and didn't even realize they were his. So I spent the last month listening to most of his music and falling in love with almost all of it. So I was pretty excited about the Matthew West and Josh Wilson concert here in town Thurs. night.
I wouldn't describe the concert as fun. Amazing. That's a better description. I knew I needed this concert. That may be something some of you don't understand but I did. So I was looking forward to it. And I was hoping Tera would enjoy it as much as I did. And as friends I felt like we needed it too. Our friendship started with us going to church functions together and stuff like that. But life has gotten busy and as always, things change. And so, I know it's been FOREVER since her and I have done anything like this together. I hadn't even realized that til we were sitting at the concert the other night. The stories we heard from Matthew West...were sad, powerful, amazing...as I listened, I wondered to myself, "if that was me, would I have that same faith?" I wish I could sum up what that concert did for me. But today, I just can't find the words.
MercyMe, Natalie Grant and Brandon Heath are headed this way on April 30. I am SO excited!!! I may need a countdown for that! It may seem silly to you, but I think it's a blessing that groups like this are heading our way in this town. It gives so many people a chance to experience worship in this way that may never been able to before because they didn't have a car to travel or the money for the gas...the list goes on. But now as a city, we have a chance to experience this type of stuff and I think it's exciting!!!
Here's a few short videos from the concert Thurs. night. I didn't take many pics or videos. I really just took in the whole evening and listening to what God had for me. But hopefully you enjoy the few videos I did capture.
This first video is Josh Wilson singing a portion of Before the Morning. This is probably my 2nd favorite moment from the evening!
And this is Matthew West! It really was a great evening!
Comments