OK. So I'm not keeping up with my blogging as much as I'd like! I'm sorry! These next few weeks probably won't be too much better. I've got a TON of wedding invitation orders that have to be done before vacation so I have my hands full. But once I get to Florida, my goal is to get back into my blogging!
I also let the whole "Captivating" thing slip my mind. SORRY! But I figured while I had some free time this morning, I'd start it up and see how it goes. I hope that you all take time to at least make it to the library to get this book. It's amazing! I still haven't read it all...you have to take your time and let God do some talking! But I think you'll be so happy you do...and so thankful for the things that are revealed to you. I highly recommend this book. HIGHLY!!!
***************************************************************************************
I think I mentioned this before but my plan is to NOT type everything from the book and the study guide. Just not appropriate but I will be posting quite a few things so that you can get into it with me and enjoy it as much as I am! Plus if you haven't gone to the library or bought it already, I hope I give you enough of a glance to really want to go grab it!!!
Think about the movies you once loved, and the movies you love now. Is there a movie for little girls that doesn't have a handsome prince coming to rescue his beloved? Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, The Little Mermaid. A little girl longs for romance, to be seen and desired, to be sought after and fought for. So the Beast must win Beauty's heart in Beauty and the Beast. So in the gazebo scene in The Sound of Music, the Captain finally declares his love to Maria by moonlight and song and then, a kiss. And we sigh. (pg. 9, the book)
*In your own words, define the desire to be romanced.
*Do you remember some of the games you played as a little girl? What were some that you really enjoyed?
*Are you aware of a longing to be someone's priority? What would you like that to look like?
(pg. 3, study guide)
There is something fierce in the heart of a woman. Simply insult her children, her man, or her best friend and you'll get a taste of it. A woman is a warrior too. But she is meant to be a warrior in a uniquely feminine way. Sometime before the sorrows of life did their best to kill it in us, most young women wanted to be a part of something grand, something important. Before doubt and accusation take hold, most little girls sense that they have a vital role to play; they want to believe there is something in them that is needed and needed desperately. (pg. 11, book)
*What were your dreams for your life when you were a little girl? What did you want to be or do?
*Allowing yourself to dream a little bit, think about this: If you could do or be anything you wanted now, what would it be?
Let your mind drift ovver that idea, imagining what your life would be like if you could follow that dream, the people who would be around you. Would you characterize that dream role as one that would be easily replaced or one that is more on the side of essential?
*How would your living that life impact others? How is the life you are living now impacting others? (pg. 4 & 5, study guide)
Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is because we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives were meant to be lived with others. As echoes of the Trinity, we remember something. Made in the imagine of a perfect relationship, we are relational to the core of our beings and filled with a desire for trascendent purpose. WE long to be an irreplaceable part of a shared adventure. (pg. 12, book)
*************************************************************************************
That's just a taste of chapter one! There's so much more to talk about!! But I think that's enough to "chew" one for now. Again, I HIGHLY recommend this book! I LOVE IT!!! It's been a blessing!!!
I also let the whole "Captivating" thing slip my mind. SORRY! But I figured while I had some free time this morning, I'd start it up and see how it goes. I hope that you all take time to at least make it to the library to get this book. It's amazing! I still haven't read it all...you have to take your time and let God do some talking! But I think you'll be so happy you do...and so thankful for the things that are revealed to you. I highly recommend this book. HIGHLY!!!
***************************************************************************************
I think I mentioned this before but my plan is to NOT type everything from the book and the study guide. Just not appropriate but I will be posting quite a few things so that you can get into it with me and enjoy it as much as I am! Plus if you haven't gone to the library or bought it already, I hope I give you enough of a glance to really want to go grab it!!!
Think about the movies you once loved, and the movies you love now. Is there a movie for little girls that doesn't have a handsome prince coming to rescue his beloved? Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, The Little Mermaid. A little girl longs for romance, to be seen and desired, to be sought after and fought for. So the Beast must win Beauty's heart in Beauty and the Beast. So in the gazebo scene in The Sound of Music, the Captain finally declares his love to Maria by moonlight and song and then, a kiss. And we sigh. (pg. 9, the book)
*In your own words, define the desire to be romanced.
*Do you remember some of the games you played as a little girl? What were some that you really enjoyed?
*Are you aware of a longing to be someone's priority? What would you like that to look like?
(pg. 3, study guide)
There is something fierce in the heart of a woman. Simply insult her children, her man, or her best friend and you'll get a taste of it. A woman is a warrior too. But she is meant to be a warrior in a uniquely feminine way. Sometime before the sorrows of life did their best to kill it in us, most young women wanted to be a part of something grand, something important. Before doubt and accusation take hold, most little girls sense that they have a vital role to play; they want to believe there is something in them that is needed and needed desperately. (pg. 11, book)
*What were your dreams for your life when you were a little girl? What did you want to be or do?
*Allowing yourself to dream a little bit, think about this: If you could do or be anything you wanted now, what would it be?
Let your mind drift ovver that idea, imagining what your life would be like if you could follow that dream, the people who would be around you. Would you characterize that dream role as one that would be easily replaced or one that is more on the side of essential?
*How would your living that life impact others? How is the life you are living now impacting others? (pg. 4 & 5, study guide)
Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is because we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives were meant to be lived with others. As echoes of the Trinity, we remember something. Made in the imagine of a perfect relationship, we are relational to the core of our beings and filled with a desire for trascendent purpose. WE long to be an irreplaceable part of a shared adventure. (pg. 12, book)
*************************************************************************************
That's just a taste of chapter one! There's so much more to talk about!! But I think that's enough to "chew" one for now. Again, I HIGHLY recommend this book! I LOVE IT!!! It's been a blessing!!!
Comments