Towards the end of last summer, the trusty Probe started acting funny. It actually stopped at an intersection one day. AHHH! How embarrassing! I needed a new battery which we had replaced and they sent me on my way...suggesting that the car was fine. HA, HA ,HA! It took me maybe a day to realize that it wasn't. I don't know much about cars but basically it acted like it was overheating...although it wasn't. We did what we thought we needed to. Didn't work. There was something wrong with it...can't think of what right now...but at the time, I just didn't have the money. And then slowly things just kept going wrong. I needed new tires (which on the Probe aren't cheap). My passenger window mechanism had broke so that window was nailed shut. Just one thing after the other. In the mean time, I was only driving the Probe back and forth to work. Since I only live about 5 minutes from work, the Probe did that just fine. By time I got to work, it was just thinking about maybe pretending to overheat. (If it thought it was overheating, it would eventually stall out on me.) In the mean time, if I needed to go any farther to work, I just used my dad's car. Which also meant though, that I didn't do much outside of Lima if I needed to drive. The one trip I took I ended up getting a rental. Yuck. But it worked. And I just continued to pray about things.
Sometime late last year, the heat in my car went out. I didn't say anything to anybody. It was just one more thing that needed fixed. And from the looks of it, the car didn't need fixed. It needed to be shipped off to a junk yard! But at the same time, I needed a car so for the time being, I was going to have to live with the Probe that it was. Ahhhh...
The last straw came almost two weeks ago. I was at work and I was so sick. But I managed to make it through the day. On my way home, the car started to make a new noise. Never a good sign. But it made it home and I parked it in the garage. I went to the doctor the next morning but because the trip was a little farther, I used my dad's car. I ended up sick all week due to a sinus infection so I didn't do much driving at all and the Probe sat in the garage. While I was sick though, I contacted a few dealerships attempting to find something...anything reliable and in a nice price range. I work at a day care so I can't buy everything I like! :-)
I was really interested in a few cars from a certain dealership (I won't name them on here) and thought things were going to work out. But they just kept jerking me around. It was so frustrating and by last Thurs, I had had enough!!! So I called one least dealership...Reineke. I was at work at the time so I could just talk to him on the phone but I had been online and saw that they had a Ford Focus and if you know me, I love those cars!!!! But according to the internet price, I figured it was out of my price range. I spoke with the man again late that evening. He was so nice and so helpful and told me that he thought he was going to be able to help. But I had heard that from the other dealership as well so I decided not to get excited.
I babysat on Friday for Stella but I heard from the salesman a few more times that day included the time we made plans for me to come out and test drive the car early that evening. My dad went with me (cause as I mentioned, I'm not a car person). I went to point out the Focus to him and it was gone!!!!!!!!! My heart dropped! But at the same time, the car was a little expensive for me.
The salesman made his way over and he said, "Let me go get the car." As he explained later, he had put the car in the back so no one else would buy it that day!!!!!!!! And when he brought it out, I realized the price was lower as well!!!!!!!!! I was already in love but I knew I needed to drive it first! I fell in love before I even pulled out of the lot! LOVED IT! But I still knew it was possible it wouldn't work out.
But about a half hour later, the salesman came out and shook my hand and officially told me the car was mine!!!!!!! I didn't even know what to say! I then told the salesman he was amazing...which he got a big kick out of. I MEANT IT!!
So I am now the owner of an '06 Ford Focus. Deep red. HEATED SEATS! (It's been the highlight for me really!) Everything I would have ever wanted on a car but never thought I'd be able to afford is on this car. I LOVE IT! I've been driving constantly. I'm sure that will stop shortly...gas cost too much even though it gets great gas mileage!
It's nice to know that I have a good, reliable car. I can finally go visit some friends and family out of town. I LOVE IT!! And don't worry...I'll be scrapbooking it too!
God is good!!! Even when my patience was wearing thin, He provided. I just needed to trust in Him...wait on His timing. It's a difficult thing sometimes and this was pretty difficult for me! And now I'm trusting that even though my budget is about to make some changes, that again, He will continue to provide!!!
The funny part is though that I'm heading back to the dealership on my break. One of the parents from where I work realized that my 30-day tags were dated wrong. It says it expires on March 19. I just bought it March 21!!! It's supposed to read April 19!! So they've got to issue me a new one. Glad the parent caught it instead of the police! Wouldn't that have been a great story to blog about???
Comments