I'm writing tonight cause I want to write...but I have nothing to write about! It was an uneventful weekend. Although most of my weekends are uneventful!! I really didn't do much. I cleaned! That's never exciting but it was needed. So now the house is clean. And ready for friends!! A friend is coming home this week and so a few of us are getting together just to hang out and laugh. I'm looking forward to that!!
I cooked! Again, not exciting. But I'm kind of enjoying this cooking thing. I never really cooked when I lived at home with mom and dad. When Dad was working, he was ready for dinner probably by about 4:30pm and I was usually at work. So I'd either eat out or eat once I got home. And that just continued when Dad retired. That meant my only opportunity to cook would have been on the weekends. But on Saturday nights is church. And before life got so busy, me and the gang always went out for dinner after church. And Sunday...well Sunday is just a day of rest, dang it!! So I didn't cook then either! I rarely made a meal. And when I did, it wasn't a big deal. But due to my budget (thanks to this apartment) and just wanting to try new things, I've been cooking some. And Judy sent me a recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini. We have this at work but Judy's recipe was a little different...and sounded DELICIOUS!! I had to try it! So I put that together for lunch yesterday. And I knew that if it turned out right, it would be more than enough food for just me. But that's ok. I'd eat it all weekend. And I did!! It was delicious!!! I even took some over to Mom and Dad's to share today and they loved it!! I added baked green beans and garlic bread tonight just to change it up a little. It was still delicious!! Anybody else got some good recipes they'd like to share with me?? PLEASE!! I want kind of simple ones. And not because I'm dumb! But I don't get off of work til about 6:00pm every night. So I want something that won't take me forever to put together. Please pass along your ideas!!! If you're interested in the recipe I tried this weekend, let me know and I'll post it!
Today was laundry day. Told you it was an uneventful weekend! But I got that done along with some work for work. Then I even had a nap!!! Relaxing!!! Then I sat down and watched one of my favorite movies, Twilight. So even though the weekend was uneventful, it wasn't a bad weekend at all. But now it's almost over.
I'm looking forward to the week...a little. Like I said, I'm looking forward to a friend coming home. I think she misses me! (Hee, hee!) And I'm looking forward to a few of us hanging out and just being silly. I think we could all use it. I know I could. But last week wasn't a great week. And so that worries me a little. I'm afraid to have a great week cause the next week usually sucks. But I think I deserve a good week! So we'll see what happens.
Oh oh oh!!! Have you seen the trailer for Paranormal Activity??? If you haven't, GO TO THE SITE AND WATCH THE TRAILER!!! And then demand it!! Even if you don't live in Lima, demand that it be brought to your city!! I'm really hoping they'll bring it at least a little closer to Lima. I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT!! I imagine I won't be able to sleep after I see it but that's ok. IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! So check out the trailer. Even if you've already seen the trailer, go demand the movie...for me...please??????????????????????????? (Yep, that's me begging and whining!)
Paranormal Activity trailer
I cooked! Again, not exciting. But I'm kind of enjoying this cooking thing. I never really cooked when I lived at home with mom and dad. When Dad was working, he was ready for dinner probably by about 4:30pm and I was usually at work. So I'd either eat out or eat once I got home. And that just continued when Dad retired. That meant my only opportunity to cook would have been on the weekends. But on Saturday nights is church. And before life got so busy, me and the gang always went out for dinner after church. And Sunday...well Sunday is just a day of rest, dang it!! So I didn't cook then either! I rarely made a meal. And when I did, it wasn't a big deal. But due to my budget (thanks to this apartment) and just wanting to try new things, I've been cooking some. And Judy sent me a recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini. We have this at work but Judy's recipe was a little different...and sounded DELICIOUS!! I had to try it! So I put that together for lunch yesterday. And I knew that if it turned out right, it would be more than enough food for just me. But that's ok. I'd eat it all weekend. And I did!! It was delicious!!! I even took some over to Mom and Dad's to share today and they loved it!! I added baked green beans and garlic bread tonight just to change it up a little. It was still delicious!! Anybody else got some good recipes they'd like to share with me?? PLEASE!! I want kind of simple ones. And not because I'm dumb! But I don't get off of work til about 6:00pm every night. So I want something that won't take me forever to put together. Please pass along your ideas!!! If you're interested in the recipe I tried this weekend, let me know and I'll post it!
Today was laundry day. Told you it was an uneventful weekend! But I got that done along with some work for work. Then I even had a nap!!! Relaxing!!! Then I sat down and watched one of my favorite movies, Twilight. So even though the weekend was uneventful, it wasn't a bad weekend at all. But now it's almost over.
I'm looking forward to the week...a little. Like I said, I'm looking forward to a friend coming home. I think she misses me! (Hee, hee!) And I'm looking forward to a few of us hanging out and just being silly. I think we could all use it. I know I could. But last week wasn't a great week. And so that worries me a little. I'm afraid to have a great week cause the next week usually sucks. But I think I deserve a good week! So we'll see what happens.
Oh oh oh!!! Have you seen the trailer for Paranormal Activity??? If you haven't, GO TO THE SITE AND WATCH THE TRAILER!!! And then demand it!! Even if you don't live in Lima, demand that it be brought to your city!! I'm really hoping they'll bring it at least a little closer to Lima. I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT!! I imagine I won't be able to sleep after I see it but that's ok. IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! So check out the trailer. Even if you've already seen the trailer, go demand the movie...for me...please??????????????????????????? (Yep, that's me begging and whining!)
Paranormal Activity trailer
Comments