That's all I have to say about today. WOO HOO!! I woke up this morning to the news practically yelling about these terrible storms that are supposed to be moving in. What a way to wake up...at 5:30am! But they had been talking about it last night as well. And I remember looking over at my mom last night and saying, "I'll take some storms. Maybe it will knock out the power at Apollo and I won't have to go to my class!" I was scheduled for a class this evening (Thurs) and well, quite frankly, I didn't want to go! So after hearing the weather this morning, I said to God, "A power outage would be great." And I also briefly mentioned it to my best friend. She basically laughed at me!
The day started out pretty good. Nothing much going on. But by late morning, I was ticked. I'm not going into details but I was ticked. (Still am to be honest...which is unusual for me.) And I thought to myself, "This day isn't going to go how I had wanted it to."
My phone rings though around...maybe 1:30ish...1:45pm and it was my mom. Figured she was just saying hi! She says, "Hey, I just got a call from the Lima News." OK. I said, "For what?" (I'm thinking at this point this has NOTHING to do with me.) And she says, "We won the tickets to go see Annie."
Now for those of you who don't know me well, reading this blog probably is pointless. But if you do know me, you know about my love for Annie!! Any kid I had in the latchkey program at the old day care I used to work at also knows about my Annie addiction (huh, Melissa?). Who doesn't love the musical Annie? (Don't answer that.) IT'S GREAT! And I'm a HUGE fan of the last movie they did. Have it on DVD! (Planning to watch it this weekend.)
So when they announced that Annie was one of the musicals they were bringing to the Civic Center this year, I was so excited! But tickets aren't exactly cheap. And with everything I've got coming up, I figured my best bet was not to buy tickets. So my mom and I both entered to win tickets online and through the mail. I never gave much more thought to it. Until today...
I'M SO EXCITED!!! I can't wait! It's Sun. night! That also means I have to get much more work done prior to Sun. night but that's ok. Annie is so worth it!! Not sure if I'll be able to take pictures or not but if so, you know I'll be posting those!
But there's more to my WOO HOO! During the conversation with my mom about the Annie tickets, I said, "Now all I need is the power to go out this evening so I don't have class." My mom says something to my dad and then says, "They've closed Apollo. There's a power outage." Now, really, at this point, I just KNOW she's messing with my emotions. So I told her I was going to call and all of that stuff.
I barely hang up the phone and it rings again. It's my boss and she says, "God must have really been listening to you today." (I also had shared with her my desire for a power outage.) "Apollo just called. No class tonight." WOO HOO!!! (I know you're excited for me!)
Granted, that just means I'll have to take it another time. And they're talking about rescheduling it for Tues. Which means no extra hours at work for me on Tues. Plus that means that's another evening next week I don't have to work on my last minute things. But oh well. Ask and you shall receive! (I guess next time though I'll have to make sure to mention when I'd like the class to be rescheduled!)
The day started out pretty good. Nothing much going on. But by late morning, I was ticked. I'm not going into details but I was ticked. (Still am to be honest...which is unusual for me.) And I thought to myself, "This day isn't going to go how I had wanted it to."
My phone rings though around...maybe 1:30ish...1:45pm and it was my mom. Figured she was just saying hi! She says, "Hey, I just got a call from the Lima News." OK. I said, "For what?" (I'm thinking at this point this has NOTHING to do with me.) And she says, "We won the tickets to go see Annie."
Now for those of you who don't know me well, reading this blog probably is pointless. But if you do know me, you know about my love for Annie!! Any kid I had in the latchkey program at the old day care I used to work at also knows about my Annie addiction (huh, Melissa?). Who doesn't love the musical Annie? (Don't answer that.) IT'S GREAT! And I'm a HUGE fan of the last movie they did. Have it on DVD! (Planning to watch it this weekend.)
So when they announced that Annie was one of the musicals they were bringing to the Civic Center this year, I was so excited! But tickets aren't exactly cheap. And with everything I've got coming up, I figured my best bet was not to buy tickets. So my mom and I both entered to win tickets online and through the mail. I never gave much more thought to it. Until today...
I'M SO EXCITED!!! I can't wait! It's Sun. night! That also means I have to get much more work done prior to Sun. night but that's ok. Annie is so worth it!! Not sure if I'll be able to take pictures or not but if so, you know I'll be posting those!
But there's more to my WOO HOO! During the conversation with my mom about the Annie tickets, I said, "Now all I need is the power to go out this evening so I don't have class." My mom says something to my dad and then says, "They've closed Apollo. There's a power outage." Now, really, at this point, I just KNOW she's messing with my emotions. So I told her I was going to call and all of that stuff.
I barely hang up the phone and it rings again. It's my boss and she says, "God must have really been listening to you today." (I also had shared with her my desire for a power outage.) "Apollo just called. No class tonight." WOO HOO!!! (I know you're excited for me!)
Granted, that just means I'll have to take it another time. And they're talking about rescheduling it for Tues. Which means no extra hours at work for me on Tues. Plus that means that's another evening next week I don't have to work on my last minute things. But oh well. Ask and you shall receive! (I guess next time though I'll have to make sure to mention when I'd like the class to be rescheduled!)
Comments