Well, I know some of you have been wondering how my Open House went on Sat. IT WAS A WONDERFUL SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness...I never expected such a wonderful day. The weather...well, basically it sucked. Yes, we were inside but I knew the weather would affect our turn out. And we didn't have a huge amount of people who came out. But we had some and that was enough!!!
Mom and I set up a little bit of our table on Friday. That helped a lot!!! I spent Fri. afternoon trying to finish up so much! I babysat Fri. night...and I'm glad I did. Stella was a very nice distraction from all of the stuff I had going on in my head. I came home, finished up a few things and was in bed by 1:00am (much earlier than I thought I'd go to sleep). I was up by 6:00 and instantly nervous. It's been a year since my last open house. Were people going to like the new designs and the new things I had made? Were they all going to want the stuff they saw last year??? AHHHHHH!!
We were in Kalida by 8:00 and finished setting up. The first two hours were pretty slow. Just a few people here and there. Basically all of us vendors were shopping at each other's tables. And we found some great stuff!!! :-)
But around 11:00am, things picked up for me and I had a HUGE order at the Close to My Heart table. HUGE! Basically, I ended up with almost $400 in orders for Close to My Heart!!! And the Heavenly Creations table sold well too. I did much better than I expected for both. I was exhausted by time the afternoon was over but it was well worth it.
I took some pictures of my tables...although for some reason, I didn't take one big picture of my Heavenly Creations table and one big picture of the Close to My Heart table. We'll blame it on being nervous!! But I'll include a few pictures of my tables.




I'm taking this week off from any major card work (or so I say). I plan to help around the house with some more painting. We're hoping to get the hallway and my bathroom painted this week. And then maybe Mom and Dad's bathroom done next week. And hopefully the kitchen before Thanksgiving and then we're done until the holidays are over!! YAY!! But I'm hoping just to come up with some new small card ideas and then start playing with those next week. It's just like 34 days until my next Open House and with Thankgiving right before that, I definitely want to be ready a little earlier. I'm going to sit down and get an idea of what people liked the most and that's what I'm going with! And there are a few other things that didn't get done for this one that I definitely plan to do for the next one. Hopefully I'll do some more updating to my site as well!!!
Mom and I set up a little bit of our table on Friday. That helped a lot!!! I spent Fri. afternoon trying to finish up so much! I babysat Fri. night...and I'm glad I did. Stella was a very nice distraction from all of the stuff I had going on in my head. I came home, finished up a few things and was in bed by 1:00am (much earlier than I thought I'd go to sleep). I was up by 6:00 and instantly nervous. It's been a year since my last open house. Were people going to like the new designs and the new things I had made? Were they all going to want the stuff they saw last year??? AHHHHHH!!
We were in Kalida by 8:00 and finished setting up. The first two hours were pretty slow. Just a few people here and there. Basically all of us vendors were shopping at each other's tables. And we found some great stuff!!! :-)
But around 11:00am, things picked up for me and I had a HUGE order at the Close to My Heart table. HUGE! Basically, I ended up with almost $400 in orders for Close to My Heart!!! And the Heavenly Creations table sold well too. I did much better than I expected for both. I was exhausted by time the afternoon was over but it was well worth it.
I took some pictures of my tables...although for some reason, I didn't take one big picture of my Heavenly Creations table and one big picture of the Close to My Heart table. We'll blame it on being nervous!! But I'll include a few pictures of my tables.
In the mean time, hopefully you receive the emails that include my newest cards and great deals! If not, make sure to let me know!!
Comments