I apologize. I haven't really kept you all up to date on this whole foster-to-adopt process I'm in. But honestly, there hasn't been much to update you on! I think it was the beginning of the year when I announced what I was doing but not much really happened after that. Part of that was the weather. I don't know where you live, but here, January was ROUGH. And I know there were people that had more snow than we did and man, do I feel bad for you!!! I don't mind snow...on Christmas and maybe the day after! But I don't need snow every other day. And I was ok with being snow in the first few days we got lots of snow in January but then it happened like every weekend and about every other week. I wasn't even at work long enough for work to get on my nerves!!! But enough about my dislike for the winter...
There were also some mail issues that set things a little back but that's ok. Now the actual process has started. I started what they call preservice classes on Tues. And those will continue until May. And at first, the thought of sitting in class every other night for 3 hours at a time sounded super boring. But that was not the case this past Tuesday night. I learned so much in those 3 hours and had so much to think about. So even though 36 total hours seems overwhelming, I have no doubt I will learn a lot and I'm looking forward to my class tonight.
When I officially started telling people that I was going to do this, I knew I'd have some mixed reactions. And that's ok. I did have a few people that were skeptical because I'm single and my job definitely isn't a high paying one. And of course I heard, "Don't you want to get married first?" And "Don't you want to have your OWN baby?" And my response: This is something I've always wanted to do. Of course, I always thought I'd be married by now. But I'm not. God must have different plans. I'm ok with that. And I've never been that girl that just had to have her OWN baby. Coming from an adoptive home, I know that adopting a child can be just like having your own. My parents couldn't love me anymore than they would have had my mom given birth to me. God gave them that kind of love and I know He's given it to me as well. And I know that when God puts that "forever child" in my life, I will love that child just like I would have had I given birth to that child. So yes, I thought things would be different when I got to this point in my life, but I'm more than happy with what God has given me so far. And I know through this process He's going to bless me even more.
One of the things that was discussed in our class briefly on Tuesday night was having a support system. And that was also one of things that someone mentioned to me when I said I was setting out on this adventure. I guess people think because I am single and that my parents are older that I don't have the support system that most do. Ha!!! I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. I know being a single parent won't be easy. But I have the best friend in all the world who's probably more excited about all of this than I am. And her and her husband (and children) have always been a great support in my life. I have no doubt they will continue to be there. And I have other friends and family who will be there for me. I have an amazing church family. I even have several already wanting to babysit and I am probably a few months away from having a child in my home! So I know I will have people to lean on when I need to. And again, God is good. I know He's got this in his hands.
In the mean time, I've been kind of crafty lately! Well, that's if you count making some easy wreaths being crafty! But I had fun making them. I've been told I should sell them and I just might. This is the kind of stuff I used to do a few years ago when I was making cards and things like that. It's a relaxing thing to do really. And I've missed that kind of project. My next crafty project is going to be to make some no-sew washable covers for my cushions on my outdoor furniture. The cushions were never my favorite thing when I bought the furniture anyway. But since I don't have anywhere to put my furniture in the winter, it definitely needs covered with something I can wash from time to time. So we'll see what I can come up with!
 |
| This is the one I made for my mom for her birthday! |
 |
| This is the first one I made!! It's on my front door now! |
 |
| This is my most recent one! Took a little longer but loved how it turned out! |
 |
| This was the 3rd one I made. I had left over material so made this for my back door. (Faith is my middle name, in case you didn't know!) |
This time last year, I was getting ready for a vacation with my amazing friend Sarah!!! We got to spend almost a whole week down in Savannah, GA and it was gorgeous!!! We had a great time!!! It would be awesome to take a vacation like that every year but I'm definitely not in the financial place to do that. But that's ok, because just a few weeks ago, I got to go visit my friend Sarah, her husband Destry and their now 5 month old baby girl!!! And I got to babysit!!! I had so much fun spending time with Caralee and spoiling her rotten!!! I think that's better than a trip to Savannah!!!
No trip down to Atlanta this year either. Our Thirty-One conference this year is much closer to home and I'm glad for that. I'm going to miss being somewhere I wouldn't normally go but I'm going to save some money staying this close to home. And I'm excited for it again this year!!!
Now that I've started my preservice classes, I will do a better job with keeping you all updated on whats going on during this process. Hopefully you'll find it just as exciting as I do!!!
Comments