OK...I thought Facebook was addicting but it has NOTHING on Pinterest for me. Oh my goodness!!! I feel lost if I go an evening without looking at Pinterest. Is there a 12 step program for this? I already know I need it!!!
But it's made me more crafty lately and I love that. I recently made some coasters (that's quickly becoming an addiction), a cover for my camera strap (cause my new purchase definitely needs some love and personality), as well as detergent and fabric softener! So see, my time on Pinterest has paid off. (At least that's what I keep telling myself!)
So let me show you what I've been making!
So here's my camera strap! (I'm going to make another one tonight.) I'm going to show you the site I got it from and honestly, it's hard for me to tell you exactly what I did cause I kind of just decided to go for it and hoped that it worked! And it did! I will tell you I made some changes to the directions I found. I got this from Pinterest and it originally came from A Girl and a Glue Gun. And the glue gun comes in so handy since I don't sew!!! (I can sew a button on or fix a rip but that's about it. It's not one of my talents although I wish it was!) Now, as you can see based on her page, I don't have the ruffles she added to hers. I'm just not that girly! Also, I added velcro to mine so it could be taken off without ruining it. I'm one of those girls that likes to change things in and out. Sometimes I'm in a purple mood. Sometimes it's black! (The strap I'm going to do tonight is black, white and grey.) Plus during football season, I have to have my Buckeyes stuff! (I do this with my phone covers as well...think this is another problem??? Hmmm...) I also added felt to the inside to provide a little cushion. Cause we all know the bigger the camera, the harder that is on your neck! (OK...that sounded like it could have been heading in the wrong direction there...or maybe it's just the way my mind works...) So I wanted a little comfort. So all of that was added! My plan to tonight is to take pictures through the whole process so maybe I can explain it a little more.
Here's my first set of coasters! I'm so addicted! They're so easy! I'd love to share with you the original site but it's not longer available (or maybe whoever "pinned" it, typed it in wrong...I'm not sure). But these are simple. You just need the 4x4 tiles from Lowe's or Menards. I think they're actually 4 1/4 x 4 1/2 but that doesn't matter! Find some scrapbook paper and you're going to need modge podge and clear spray paint as well. Put a layer of modge podge on a tile then put a piece of 4x4 scrapbook paper on and let it dry. Once it's completely dry (at least 15-30 minutes), add another layer of modge podge on top. My advice is to let that dry completely...making sure you flatten out in bumps there may be. I'd say let it dry about an hour. Then spray it with the clear spray paint. Make sure to get it all covered. Then let that dry about 24 hours to avoid any fingerprints on the paint. Then I added felt pads to the bottom which you can also find out Lowe's or Menards (they're cheaper at Lowe's here). So simple! And the modge podge and paints lasts forever cause you don't need much. So you can keep just making these!! They're pretty cheap for me cause I already had the modge podge and the scrapbook paper. The tiles are only $0.16/piece and the pads are $2.48 for 48 of them. So that gets you through 12 coasters! Without the spray paint and modge podge, it costs about $0.88/set of 4 to make the coasters! I'm going to try picture ones here in a few days! I can't wait!
This is the set I made the other night. I'm so addicted!! And my friend's husband made me a holder for them. I'll have to take a good picture of that tonight so I can post it.
Now this one I got from How Does She. And I think this is my favorite...only because of the amount of money it's going to save me in the long run! Homemade laundry detergent! Good smelling laundry detergent...because that is important to me! I want my clothes to smell good! And it's safe for all of you HE washer and dryer users!!! Here's the best part...you only use 1-2 tablespoons per load! How awesome is that??? This stuff will last FOREVER at that rate!!! So check out the site for all of the instructions. It makes a ton and I think you'll love it!
It makes all 3 of those containers!!! How awesome is that?
I also made fabric softener!!! I got this from One Good Thing. And it was so easy! Love it!!! And I loved her suggestion of spraying washclothes to put it in the dryer! I've just got a spray bottle!
I hope I'm inspiring you to be crafty too!!! Let me know if you try any of this stuff and what you think!!
And it's possible I'll write a blog on my boring life tonight! (Believe me, this crafty stuff is way more interesting!)
But it's made me more crafty lately and I love that. I recently made some coasters (that's quickly becoming an addiction), a cover for my camera strap (cause my new purchase definitely needs some love and personality), as well as detergent and fabric softener! So see, my time on Pinterest has paid off. (At least that's what I keep telling myself!)
So let me show you what I've been making!
So here's my camera strap! (I'm going to make another one tonight.) I'm going to show you the site I got it from and honestly, it's hard for me to tell you exactly what I did cause I kind of just decided to go for it and hoped that it worked! And it did! I will tell you I made some changes to the directions I found. I got this from Pinterest and it originally came from A Girl and a Glue Gun. And the glue gun comes in so handy since I don't sew!!! (I can sew a button on or fix a rip but that's about it. It's not one of my talents although I wish it was!) Now, as you can see based on her page, I don't have the ruffles she added to hers. I'm just not that girly! Also, I added velcro to mine so it could be taken off without ruining it. I'm one of those girls that likes to change things in and out. Sometimes I'm in a purple mood. Sometimes it's black! (The strap I'm going to do tonight is black, white and grey.) Plus during football season, I have to have my Buckeyes stuff! (I do this with my phone covers as well...think this is another problem??? Hmmm...) I also added felt to the inside to provide a little cushion. Cause we all know the bigger the camera, the harder that is on your neck! (OK...that sounded like it could have been heading in the wrong direction there...or maybe it's just the way my mind works...) So I wanted a little comfort. So all of that was added! My plan to tonight is to take pictures through the whole process so maybe I can explain it a little more.
Here's my first set of coasters! I'm so addicted! They're so easy! I'd love to share with you the original site but it's not longer available (or maybe whoever "pinned" it, typed it in wrong...I'm not sure). But these are simple. You just need the 4x4 tiles from Lowe's or Menards. I think they're actually 4 1/4 x 4 1/2 but that doesn't matter! Find some scrapbook paper and you're going to need modge podge and clear spray paint as well. Put a layer of modge podge on a tile then put a piece of 4x4 scrapbook paper on and let it dry. Once it's completely dry (at least 15-30 minutes), add another layer of modge podge on top. My advice is to let that dry completely...making sure you flatten out in bumps there may be. I'd say let it dry about an hour. Then spray it with the clear spray paint. Make sure to get it all covered. Then let that dry about 24 hours to avoid any fingerprints on the paint. Then I added felt pads to the bottom which you can also find out Lowe's or Menards (they're cheaper at Lowe's here). So simple! And the modge podge and paints lasts forever cause you don't need much. So you can keep just making these!! They're pretty cheap for me cause I already had the modge podge and the scrapbook paper. The tiles are only $0.16/piece and the pads are $2.48 for 48 of them. So that gets you through 12 coasters! Without the spray paint and modge podge, it costs about $0.88/set of 4 to make the coasters! I'm going to try picture ones here in a few days! I can't wait!
This is the set I made the other night. I'm so addicted!! And my friend's husband made me a holder for them. I'll have to take a good picture of that tonight so I can post it.
Now this one I got from How Does She. And I think this is my favorite...only because of the amount of money it's going to save me in the long run! Homemade laundry detergent! Good smelling laundry detergent...because that is important to me! I want my clothes to smell good! And it's safe for all of you HE washer and dryer users!!! Here's the best part...you only use 1-2 tablespoons per load! How awesome is that??? This stuff will last FOREVER at that rate!!! So check out the site for all of the instructions. It makes a ton and I think you'll love it!
It makes all 3 of those containers!!! How awesome is that?
I also made fabric softener!!! I got this from One Good Thing. And it was so easy! Love it!!! And I loved her suggestion of spraying washclothes to put it in the dryer! I've just got a spray bottle!
I hope I'm inspiring you to be crafty too!!! Let me know if you try any of this stuff and what you think!!
And it's possible I'll write a blog on my boring life tonight! (Believe me, this crafty stuff is way more interesting!)








Comments