Description:
The Bailey Flanigan series begins with Bailey leaving Bloomington for the adventure of a lifetime. She has won an audition for the ensemble of a Broadway musical in New York City.
She’s determined to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but is she really ready to leave family and friends for the loneliness of the city? And what of Cody? His disappearance has her worried about their future and praying that their love can survive. In order to be closer to his mother in jail, Cody takes a coaching job in a small community outside Indianapolis. New friends, distance, and circumstances expose cracks in his relationship with Bailey Flanigan. Love, loneliness, big opportunities, and even bigger decisions highlight the first book in the new Bailey Flanigan series that features members of the popular Baxter family and finally completes the Bailey Flanigan/Cody Coleman story.
I think I've stated this before, but I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books so I was excited when I saw this one coming out!!! Now, I'm told that there's another series that gives you a little more background on these characters. I have not read that series but I didn't need to. This book gave enough background that I didn't feel lost at all.
As always, Karen Kingbury reminds us that God has a plan for each and every one of us. This book mainly focuses around several young people...in their early 20's. Don't let that keep you from reading this book though. You can definitely identify with them as well as the background characters in the book (which I'm hoping to hear more about in her book Learning which just released). This is a story of second chances, moving on, growing up and growing in your relationship with the Lord. It's also a story of just life. It's a reminder that even as Christians, life isn't easy. And even though we have a God to depend on, there are times when life can feel like more than we can bare. But He is a loving God. And He is here for us no matter what the circumstance is.
I definitely recommend this book. Now, I didn't read this one on my Nook. I bought the book in paperback. But I'm still going to give it a Nook rating! I'm giving this one a 3 out of 4 Nook rating. Definitely a good read!!! And I think it's great for no matter where you are in life...whether you're a mother, grandmother or a college student just getting ready to start your adult life. You will be reminded of God's promises no matter who you are.
Comments