I feel like I haven't really blogged in awhile. I don't think I have. And I probably wouldn't today if it wasn't for the fact that I'm at the security desk today at work. Our office had to be exterminated (no, not to get rid of me...geeze). We've got spiders and well, we don't like them!!! They are not our friends! Especially the one that was jumping at my feet the other day...while I had flip-flops on! It makes me cringe just thinking about it!!! Anyway...and since I knew I wouldn't be allowed in my office most of the day, I did most of my Friday work yesterday and this morning. And I really can't do anything else from down here. Everything I could work on is on my work computer. So I brought my laptop today to keep me busy...so I could bug all of you!
If you haven't had a chance to check out my church's blog, please do!! Gardendale Church of God. We started a new Bible study this past Wed. It's definitely got us all thinking about some major topics. We'd love to hear your thoughts so join on in!!! It's just starting so you haven't missed much!!
Do you like summer? I DON'T!!! And temps in the 90's...not my cup of tea!! I spent the majority of the week inside. I'll admit that. I have no problem saying that my TV and I were very close friends this week. I just don't like the heat. Sweat. Thank goodness for air conditioning!! I'm not sure what I'd do without it. I'm praying I never have to find out. I know it's one of those things we can all live without. I'm just not at that point in my life where I'm willing to do it.
Oh! And you probably noticed I only posted day one of the Bible study I was supposed to start on here. There didn't seem to be much interest so I decided not to post any more. But if at some point I realize people are interested, I'll start up another one.
So it's been a different week for me. Why, you ask? (Cause I know you want to know!) Well, first of all, it's the beginning of the summer session here at our daycare. So that means kids we haven't seen since last summer. Kids leaving us for the summer. A teacher returning for the summer. Lots and lots of paperwork (cause the state thinks we have nothing better to do). Our list goes on! Plus, on top of the busyness of the summer, the Director is pregnant and due at the end of July. So we also need to prepare for the fall...in the middle of all of this. So it's interesting to say the least! But I don't really mind. The days goes fast for the most part and really, we do have fun. But that's not the main reason my week was different.
For the past 3 years, I've had the opportunity to work with one of my best friends day in and day out. Most of you probably have no idea what that's like. Believe me, I've always known it's a blessing. Even when she didn't agree with me, it was still wonderful to be able to walk to where ever she was in the building and just vent about whatever it was. And she did the same thing as well. We had lunch together almost everyday...giving us the chance to gather our thoughts, laugh, yell...whatever it is we needed to do before we faced the second half of our day. It's a wonderful thing really. Most of us probably get to work with our friends...mainly because we've been somewhere so long that we've just made friendships with people. So we have someone to share our days with. But this is different. I trust this girl with my life. So to be able to work together everyday has been a blessing. On my rough days, she was right there to listen and brighten my day.
But this past Friday was her last day here with us at the daycare. She told me about a month ago and so I had time to prepare...but that didn't make things easier. Even when she told me when her official last day would be, I had to leave the room cause I immediately started crying. I knew she'd still be a part of my life but it didn't change the fact that she wouldn't be a part of my daily routine. For the last 3 years, unless one of us was on vacation or something was going on, we walked out to our cars together at the end of the day. I knew this was going to be different for us both. Life is just changing and she needed to make this change. Doesn't mean I liked it though! But of course, I'm going to support her in whatever decision she makes.
So this was my first week without her. I didn't really like it...honestly! It was just so different. I did fine of course! The week went on as usual. But just walking in Monday knowing I wouldn't walk back out with her broke my heart. It's just been an adjustment not having her here... I've talked to her constantly (through text) but that's not the same. She did come have lunch with me though in the middle of the week and that made my day!!! I'll adjust...probably quicker than I think I will. But it doesn't change the fact that I miss having her here. And so do the kids!!! She's amazing at what she does! I hope she knows how much she's missed around here... And how much I miss having her here...
If you haven't had a chance to check out my church's blog, please do!! Gardendale Church of God. We started a new Bible study this past Wed. It's definitely got us all thinking about some major topics. We'd love to hear your thoughts so join on in!!! It's just starting so you haven't missed much!!
Do you like summer? I DON'T!!! And temps in the 90's...not my cup of tea!! I spent the majority of the week inside. I'll admit that. I have no problem saying that my TV and I were very close friends this week. I just don't like the heat. Sweat. Thank goodness for air conditioning!! I'm not sure what I'd do without it. I'm praying I never have to find out. I know it's one of those things we can all live without. I'm just not at that point in my life where I'm willing to do it.
Oh! And you probably noticed I only posted day one of the Bible study I was supposed to start on here. There didn't seem to be much interest so I decided not to post any more. But if at some point I realize people are interested, I'll start up another one.
So it's been a different week for me. Why, you ask? (Cause I know you want to know!) Well, first of all, it's the beginning of the summer session here at our daycare. So that means kids we haven't seen since last summer. Kids leaving us for the summer. A teacher returning for the summer. Lots and lots of paperwork (cause the state thinks we have nothing better to do). Our list goes on! Plus, on top of the busyness of the summer, the Director is pregnant and due at the end of July. So we also need to prepare for the fall...in the middle of all of this. So it's interesting to say the least! But I don't really mind. The days goes fast for the most part and really, we do have fun. But that's not the main reason my week was different.
For the past 3 years, I've had the opportunity to work with one of my best friends day in and day out. Most of you probably have no idea what that's like. Believe me, I've always known it's a blessing. Even when she didn't agree with me, it was still wonderful to be able to walk to where ever she was in the building and just vent about whatever it was. And she did the same thing as well. We had lunch together almost everyday...giving us the chance to gather our thoughts, laugh, yell...whatever it is we needed to do before we faced the second half of our day. It's a wonderful thing really. Most of us probably get to work with our friends...mainly because we've been somewhere so long that we've just made friendships with people. So we have someone to share our days with. But this is different. I trust this girl with my life. So to be able to work together everyday has been a blessing. On my rough days, she was right there to listen and brighten my day.
But this past Friday was her last day here with us at the daycare. She told me about a month ago and so I had time to prepare...but that didn't make things easier. Even when she told me when her official last day would be, I had to leave the room cause I immediately started crying. I knew she'd still be a part of my life but it didn't change the fact that she wouldn't be a part of my daily routine. For the last 3 years, unless one of us was on vacation or something was going on, we walked out to our cars together at the end of the day. I knew this was going to be different for us both. Life is just changing and she needed to make this change. Doesn't mean I liked it though! But of course, I'm going to support her in whatever decision she makes.
So this was my first week without her. I didn't really like it...honestly! It was just so different. I did fine of course! The week went on as usual. But just walking in Monday knowing I wouldn't walk back out with her broke my heart. It's just been an adjustment not having her here... I've talked to her constantly (through text) but that's not the same. She did come have lunch with me though in the middle of the week and that made my day!!! I'll adjust...probably quicker than I think I will. But it doesn't change the fact that I miss having her here. And so do the kids!!! She's amazing at what she does! I hope she knows how much she's missed around here... And how much I miss having her here...
Comments