Well, I turned 31 on Sunday!!! 31...is just a number. But an odd number. I don't know. Maybe it's cause it's just one year after 30 and everyone makes such a big deal about 30 that 31 just sounds strange to hear. I don't know what it is. But I don't feel 31! I didn't feel 30 either. I probably don't always act my age either (no comment)!
I had another great birthday though!!! Maybe I shouldn't be...but every year, I'm amazed at what the people in my life do for me on my birthday. Everyone made sure that I knew they cared!!! That means more than they even know!! And some of those people will be getting special thank you's just from me...simply because they reminded me that I am important in their lives. And maybe it sounds silly, but it means a lot and brings a smile to my face!!
I don't really want to sit here and list off everything I got for my birthday but I have to name some things...simply because I was honestly surprised!! As you know (or at least you should), I'm a HUGE OSU fan!!! You can blame my dad but it's in my blood!! Don't mess with my Buckeyes! And so the majority of my gifts this year were based around my beloved Bucks!! Every gift meant a lot to me!! I got this awesome frame to go in my livingroom! Also, if you know me, you know I love pictures (of other people) and my walls are kind of bare. But this frame will look beautiful above my tv!! I got Brutus shower curtain holders (is that what you call them...I doubt it)! They're so cool! I got 2 OSU trash cans!! I got the greatest OSU canister set! It's just beautiful!! :-) I know, I'm a dork! My biggest surprise was probably my gift from my staff. I didn't expect anything...they didn't need to do anything! I know that money is tight for everyone and that includes my staff. But they surprised me with a carry-in and the OSU bed set!! Sheets and comforter! I LOVE IT!!! Of course I had to make my bed last night and put all of my OSU stuff on there. It was a little hot sleeping under the OSU comforter but so worth it!! The Nursery girls surprised me as well! I spent everyday for...6 years with the Nursery Girls at Trinity until I took over for Christina while she was on maternity leave. I hated leaving that room. Did we have our problems from time to time? Of course we did. But they've always been a very supportive group of girls. This year was no different. I most certainly didn't expect anything from them. They particapted with the staff and that was more than they needed to do!! But apparently, they've been listening to me talk! They bought me one of the trash cans (Gayle knew I didn't have one for my bathroom). They got me an OSU hamper! (I think it's wrong to put dirty clothes in it though!) And they bought me an OSU banner to hang from my deck! Now, I know I've mentioned wanting a banner to several people but I didn't realize I mentioned it in front of the girls or that they knew how badly I wanted one. But they got me one!!! And have no fear, it will go up before the next game!
I also need to admit that I've wondering lately if people even hear me talk most of the time. I know that it's not really something that's important and of course I know in the back of my head that people are listening and people do care but I still wonder from time to time...more so lately. But people are listening. And one in particular proved that to me. Right when I decided to move into this apartment, I came across this OSU shirt that I fell in love with! Again, if you know me well, you know there are 2 things that I usually spend my money on without question - Nike and Ohio State. But I told myself no. I didn't need the shirt. I saw it a few more times and made small comments about how much I liked it but didn't think much more of it. I haven't said it in quite awhile and to be honest, I forgot all about it (which means I didn't really need it...right?). But an amazing friend surprised with this shirt for my birthday! Of course I know she was with me one or twice when I saw the shirt, but that doesn't mean anything. I didn't think she'd remember. But she did!!! And she also got me an OSU hat! I totally forgot that I mentioned FOREVER ago that I'd like a new OSU hat! Not only did she get the hat but she remembers me making comments about how I don't have too much with Brutus on it but would love to have stuff so the hat has Brutus on the side! Do I think she listens to me? Well yes! But this stuff wasn't important and considering everything else I'm sure she's thinking about, I figured this is stuff that she be the furthest from her mind. It means a lot to know that even when I thought she wasn't listening, she was. She didn't have to buy me gifts. It's just good to know that I have someone who listens even when I don't think she is or don't think she needs to.
I also received the sweetest gift from my landlord!!! I didn't expect a card, let alone a gift!!
I still have one more birthday celebration to go. I'll celebrate on Sun. with my favorite girls! I can't wait!! I've missed them! Melissa and Emily always bring a smile to my face! It's so much fun to spend the day with them while Mom and Judy catch up and Blaine and Dad talk sports. And of course, there's good food involved (thanks to Judy). Plus, Judy's birthday was the 17th so we'll celebrate her as well!! I'm sure we'll have tons of fun!
THANK YOU to everyone who made my birthday so special! 31 isn't anything to get excited about. And honestly, a birthday is just a birthday. But it felt good to be surrounded by the people who love me. And it meant a lot to know that so many people wanted me to know they cared and wanted to put a smile on my face. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
I had another great birthday though!!! Maybe I shouldn't be...but every year, I'm amazed at what the people in my life do for me on my birthday. Everyone made sure that I knew they cared!!! That means more than they even know!! And some of those people will be getting special thank you's just from me...simply because they reminded me that I am important in their lives. And maybe it sounds silly, but it means a lot and brings a smile to my face!!
I don't really want to sit here and list off everything I got for my birthday but I have to name some things...simply because I was honestly surprised!! As you know (or at least you should), I'm a HUGE OSU fan!!! You can blame my dad but it's in my blood!! Don't mess with my Buckeyes! And so the majority of my gifts this year were based around my beloved Bucks!! Every gift meant a lot to me!! I got this awesome frame to go in my livingroom! Also, if you know me, you know I love pictures (of other people) and my walls are kind of bare. But this frame will look beautiful above my tv!! I got Brutus shower curtain holders (is that what you call them...I doubt it)! They're so cool! I got 2 OSU trash cans!! I got the greatest OSU canister set! It's just beautiful!! :-) I know, I'm a dork! My biggest surprise was probably my gift from my staff. I didn't expect anything...they didn't need to do anything! I know that money is tight for everyone and that includes my staff. But they surprised me with a carry-in and the OSU bed set!! Sheets and comforter! I LOVE IT!!! Of course I had to make my bed last night and put all of my OSU stuff on there. It was a little hot sleeping under the OSU comforter but so worth it!! The Nursery girls surprised me as well! I spent everyday for...6 years with the Nursery Girls at Trinity until I took over for Christina while she was on maternity leave. I hated leaving that room. Did we have our problems from time to time? Of course we did. But they've always been a very supportive group of girls. This year was no different. I most certainly didn't expect anything from them. They particapted with the staff and that was more than they needed to do!! But apparently, they've been listening to me talk! They bought me one of the trash cans (Gayle knew I didn't have one for my bathroom). They got me an OSU hamper! (I think it's wrong to put dirty clothes in it though!) And they bought me an OSU banner to hang from my deck! Now, I know I've mentioned wanting a banner to several people but I didn't realize I mentioned it in front of the girls or that they knew how badly I wanted one. But they got me one!!! And have no fear, it will go up before the next game!
I also need to admit that I've wondering lately if people even hear me talk most of the time. I know that it's not really something that's important and of course I know in the back of my head that people are listening and people do care but I still wonder from time to time...more so lately. But people are listening. And one in particular proved that to me. Right when I decided to move into this apartment, I came across this OSU shirt that I fell in love with! Again, if you know me well, you know there are 2 things that I usually spend my money on without question - Nike and Ohio State. But I told myself no. I didn't need the shirt. I saw it a few more times and made small comments about how much I liked it but didn't think much more of it. I haven't said it in quite awhile and to be honest, I forgot all about it (which means I didn't really need it...right?). But an amazing friend surprised with this shirt for my birthday! Of course I know she was with me one or twice when I saw the shirt, but that doesn't mean anything. I didn't think she'd remember. But she did!!! And she also got me an OSU hat! I totally forgot that I mentioned FOREVER ago that I'd like a new OSU hat! Not only did she get the hat but she remembers me making comments about how I don't have too much with Brutus on it but would love to have stuff so the hat has Brutus on the side! Do I think she listens to me? Well yes! But this stuff wasn't important and considering everything else I'm sure she's thinking about, I figured this is stuff that she be the furthest from her mind. It means a lot to know that even when I thought she wasn't listening, she was. She didn't have to buy me gifts. It's just good to know that I have someone who listens even when I don't think she is or don't think she needs to.
I also received the sweetest gift from my landlord!!! I didn't expect a card, let alone a gift!!
I still have one more birthday celebration to go. I'll celebrate on Sun. with my favorite girls! I can't wait!! I've missed them! Melissa and Emily always bring a smile to my face! It's so much fun to spend the day with them while Mom and Judy catch up and Blaine and Dad talk sports. And of course, there's good food involved (thanks to Judy). Plus, Judy's birthday was the 17th so we'll celebrate her as well!! I'm sure we'll have tons of fun!
THANK YOU to everyone who made my birthday so special! 31 isn't anything to get excited about. And honestly, a birthday is just a birthday. But it felt good to be surrounded by the people who love me. And it meant a lot to know that so many people wanted me to know they cared and wanted to put a smile on my face. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
Comments