(By the way, this is my 100th post on blogger. WOO HOO!)
The only good thing about getting up at 5:30am on your birthday is the fact that it's a long day...and if you're going to have a long day, I prefer my birthday!!! :-)
First of all, I want to thank ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE! You guys made today absolutely wonderful!!! You made the week wonderful! Doesn't matter how old I get, I'm surrounded by quite a few people who love me and I love celebrating my birthday with all of them!!!
My birthday kind of kicked off this past Sun. Mom and I spent the day with my two favorite girls, Emily and Melissa, and their mom Judy. Judy's birthday is the 17th so we always try to celebrate together. We had a wonderful day! I got to spend time with just the girls...took Melissa out driving for a little bit! It was fun! Judy made an AMAZING dinner...as usual! That woman can cook the heck out of some food!!! The girls got me the coolest license plate cover, this awesome OSU pillow and the softest blanket!! It's so soft!! I can't wait to put it on my bed!!!
Mon. was just a normal Mon. for me until after my SIS meeting. My secret sister (for church) left me a basket full or presents. TONS of great scrapbooking stuff...which you all know I love!!!!!!!!!!!
Tues. I celebrated with my close friends at Godfather's. YUMMY! We had a blast! Lots of great laughs. "Duck, Fawne!!!!" :-) I got some great gifts from all of my friends and we had such a good time together! It was good to have us all together for a few hours!
I didn't expect much to happen on Wed. It was the day before my birthday. So I was expecting just a relaxing, quiet day at work and home. For those of you who don't know, I babysit for this little girl named Stella who I have in the nursery. I babysit for almost every Friday night and I've become friends with her mom and dad, Stacey and Todd. Well, Stacey called me later on Wed. morning which isn't unusual. She hadn't been in yet to visit Stella so I figured she was calling to say she wasn't going to make it over. So she says to me, "So what are you doing Sat? Not to babysit though." I said nothing during the day but my best friend's little boy was getting dedicated that evening. She asked what time so I told her and she says "Oh no." I said, "Why?" She says, "Well your birthday gift is two tickets to the Ohio State game this Sat." EXCUSE ME???????????? "Seriously?" So she asked me if I wanted to take a few hours and think about it. I knew I had two people I needed to talk to: Shanda being the most important. Kale (and Keagen) are my nephews...whether Shanda is my sister or not, those boys mean the world to me. And I do my best not to miss anything that they're apart of. So this was really hard for me. And then I wanted to get a hold of Sarah: I wanted to take someone with me who was really going to enjoy the game and Sarah has had a few rough few weeks so this would be good for her.
And thank goodness, Shanda was fine with it all! Excited for me! And that means a lot because it is hard for me to miss Kale's dedication. And Sarah can join me for the game!! So I'm heading up later Sat. morning to meet Sarah and then we're going to Columbus. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I'm so excited!!!
Then today...MY BIRTHDAY!! Maybe one day I won't be as excited for my birthdays but I doubt it. I love my birthdays! And everyone kept saying, "But now you're just a year from 30." So? I don't think it's going to bother me. For one, I don't look 29. Any girl who can still get carded for a rated R movie most definitely doesn't look almost 30. And I'm fine with that! The only thing that stinks about it is the $24 I have to dish out for my new license. Who's bright idea was that???????????
Morning started off quiet. I had no kids in the nursery til 7:15 so I did some reading...I rarely get time for that! And then a few of my parents brought me gifts and I got lots of birthday wishes! Todd brought in Stella, handed me a FUNNY card and headed out for the morning. Everything seemed fairly normal. Well, until about an hour later. Gayle and Melanie were whispering. And then they were laughing about something. Strange.
So I headed downstairs to see if my boss was in yet and I came down the stairs, said something to Sheri (the secretary who sits at the front desk) and she spoke back but never looked up at me. So I thought to myself I should probably go outside and look at my car. I'm known for decorating people's cars with LOTS of crepe paper and some writing on the windows when their birthday rolls around. I know I'm due for a payback.
I walked out the door and just started to LAUGH. My car was shrink wrapped! TIGHTLY!
The only thing showing were my tires. HILARIOUS! But it gets better! There were these big pieces of styrofoam taped down to the hood, top and trunk of my car...and that all said something! HILARIOUS! I'm telling you! As soon as I download the pics, I'll share them cause it really was classic! So I went upstairs to tell the girls they did a great job...gotta give credit where credit is due!!
Gayle was cracking up by time I walked in the door! So I congratulate them on a good job but through the course of the conversation, I realize the girls DIDN'T do it. TODD DID!! Todd runs a moving company here and he had a co-worker join him in shrink wrapping my car. AWESOME!!!!!!
And as the day went on, it was like my car became a magnet. By time I left, there were balloons on it, more signs, tissue paper and yarn! It was hilarious! Of course there will be payback, but it was classic!!!
I got a wonderful phone call today from my favorite 4 year old! Keagen called me this morning like he always does and left the cutest message on my voicemail! I have his birthday message to me from '95 still saved! I love hearing his little voice. This morning he sang to me! :-)
The girls at work got me a bunch of great gifts...including this Brutus pillow!! He's so cute!!! And Connie made me a cake! It was delicious!!! We had a great day! Again, lots of fun...plenty of laughing...mainly at my car!!!
Mom made my favorite dinner! I spent the majority of the late afternoon and evening just hanging out here at home. A nice relaxing night. But I did head out for a little bit. My allergies are getting on my nerves so I wanted to get something for that. And I wanted to see if I could find a cute pair of capris for Sat. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I found two pair of capris...regular $39.99 a piece...for just $3.98 a piece! You can't beat that! So I'm officially all ready for the game!
It really was an absolutely wonderful day...week actually! And I spent it with some of the most special people in my life. And no, it's not about the gifts...as wonderful as they all are...it wasn't about them. It really was about the people I spent it with. God puts people in your life for a reason. And some people come and go. I realize that. But this week I spent my birthday with plenty of people who I know love me and God has placed in my life right now for some reason. What a blessing that is!!! And there were people I wasn't able to spend this week with that are just as important as the others. And they contributed to a wonderful 29th birthday.
I suppose my birthday "week" will have to come to an end after the OSU game...probably sometime on Sun. But that's ok. I won't forget this day...or week...for a very long time!!
LOVE YA!
The only good thing about getting up at 5:30am on your birthday is the fact that it's a long day...and if you're going to have a long day, I prefer my birthday!!! :-)
First of all, I want to thank ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE! You guys made today absolutely wonderful!!! You made the week wonderful! Doesn't matter how old I get, I'm surrounded by quite a few people who love me and I love celebrating my birthday with all of them!!!
My birthday kind of kicked off this past Sun. Mom and I spent the day with my two favorite girls, Emily and Melissa, and their mom Judy. Judy's birthday is the 17th so we always try to celebrate together. We had a wonderful day! I got to spend time with just the girls...took Melissa out driving for a little bit! It was fun! Judy made an AMAZING dinner...as usual! That woman can cook the heck out of some food!!! The girls got me the coolest license plate cover, this awesome OSU pillow and the softest blanket!! It's so soft!! I can't wait to put it on my bed!!!
Mon. was just a normal Mon. for me until after my SIS meeting. My secret sister (for church) left me a basket full or presents. TONS of great scrapbooking stuff...which you all know I love!!!!!!!!!!!
Tues. I celebrated with my close friends at Godfather's. YUMMY! We had a blast! Lots of great laughs. "Duck, Fawne!!!!" :-) I got some great gifts from all of my friends and we had such a good time together! It was good to have us all together for a few hours!
I didn't expect much to happen on Wed. It was the day before my birthday. So I was expecting just a relaxing, quiet day at work and home. For those of you who don't know, I babysit for this little girl named Stella who I have in the nursery. I babysit for almost every Friday night and I've become friends with her mom and dad, Stacey and Todd. Well, Stacey called me later on Wed. morning which isn't unusual. She hadn't been in yet to visit Stella so I figured she was calling to say she wasn't going to make it over. So she says to me, "So what are you doing Sat? Not to babysit though." I said nothing during the day but my best friend's little boy was getting dedicated that evening. She asked what time so I told her and she says "Oh no." I said, "Why?" She says, "Well your birthday gift is two tickets to the Ohio State game this Sat." EXCUSE ME???????????? "Seriously?" So she asked me if I wanted to take a few hours and think about it. I knew I had two people I needed to talk to: Shanda being the most important. Kale (and Keagen) are my nephews...whether Shanda is my sister or not, those boys mean the world to me. And I do my best not to miss anything that they're apart of. So this was really hard for me. And then I wanted to get a hold of Sarah: I wanted to take someone with me who was really going to enjoy the game and Sarah has had a few rough few weeks so this would be good for her.
And thank goodness, Shanda was fine with it all! Excited for me! And that means a lot because it is hard for me to miss Kale's dedication. And Sarah can join me for the game!! So I'm heading up later Sat. morning to meet Sarah and then we're going to Columbus. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I'm so excited!!!
Then today...MY BIRTHDAY!! Maybe one day I won't be as excited for my birthdays but I doubt it. I love my birthdays! And everyone kept saying, "But now you're just a year from 30." So? I don't think it's going to bother me. For one, I don't look 29. Any girl who can still get carded for a rated R movie most definitely doesn't look almost 30. And I'm fine with that! The only thing that stinks about it is the $24 I have to dish out for my new license. Who's bright idea was that???????????
Morning started off quiet. I had no kids in the nursery til 7:15 so I did some reading...I rarely get time for that! And then a few of my parents brought me gifts and I got lots of birthday wishes! Todd brought in Stella, handed me a FUNNY card and headed out for the morning. Everything seemed fairly normal. Well, until about an hour later. Gayle and Melanie were whispering. And then they were laughing about something. Strange.
So I headed downstairs to see if my boss was in yet and I came down the stairs, said something to Sheri (the secretary who sits at the front desk) and she spoke back but never looked up at me. So I thought to myself I should probably go outside and look at my car. I'm known for decorating people's cars with LOTS of crepe paper and some writing on the windows when their birthday rolls around. I know I'm due for a payback.
I walked out the door and just started to LAUGH. My car was shrink wrapped! TIGHTLY!
The only thing showing were my tires. HILARIOUS! But it gets better! There were these big pieces of styrofoam taped down to the hood, top and trunk of my car...and that all said something! HILARIOUS! I'm telling you! As soon as I download the pics, I'll share them cause it really was classic! So I went upstairs to tell the girls they did a great job...gotta give credit where credit is due!!
Gayle was cracking up by time I walked in the door! So I congratulate them on a good job but through the course of the conversation, I realize the girls DIDN'T do it. TODD DID!! Todd runs a moving company here and he had a co-worker join him in shrink wrapping my car. AWESOME!!!!!!
And as the day went on, it was like my car became a magnet. By time I left, there were balloons on it, more signs, tissue paper and yarn! It was hilarious! Of course there will be payback, but it was classic!!!
I got a wonderful phone call today from my favorite 4 year old! Keagen called me this morning like he always does and left the cutest message on my voicemail! I have his birthday message to me from '95 still saved! I love hearing his little voice. This morning he sang to me! :-)
The girls at work got me a bunch of great gifts...including this Brutus pillow!! He's so cute!!! And Connie made me a cake! It was delicious!!! We had a great day! Again, lots of fun...plenty of laughing...mainly at my car!!!
Mom made my favorite dinner! I spent the majority of the late afternoon and evening just hanging out here at home. A nice relaxing night. But I did head out for a little bit. My allergies are getting on my nerves so I wanted to get something for that. And I wanted to see if I could find a cute pair of capris for Sat. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I found two pair of capris...regular $39.99 a piece...for just $3.98 a piece! You can't beat that! So I'm officially all ready for the game!
It really was an absolutely wonderful day...week actually! And I spent it with some of the most special people in my life. And no, it's not about the gifts...as wonderful as they all are...it wasn't about them. It really was about the people I spent it with. God puts people in your life for a reason. And some people come and go. I realize that. But this week I spent my birthday with plenty of people who I know love me and God has placed in my life right now for some reason. What a blessing that is!!! And there were people I wasn't able to spend this week with that are just as important as the others. And they contributed to a wonderful 29th birthday.
I suppose my birthday "week" will have to come to an end after the OSU game...probably sometime on Sun. But that's ok. I won't forget this day...or week...for a very long time!!
LOVE YA!
Comments