Honestly, what do people write about on their blogs when they write almost everyday? I feel like I have writer's block and I hardly ever write blogs anymore. Is that a problem? Or it is just because I barely write anymore? Or is it because my life is so boring? Scratch that. I like my boring life so that can not be the problem!!!
It occurred to me yesterday that I didn't do a blog about my trip to Savanna, GA! I'll have to do that soon...post some pictures and all of that. That was definitely a trip to remember.
So yesterday was "Pamper Myself" day. That wasn't the plan. I went to work like I do every Mon-Fri. But I decided I needed to do some things for me. I mean, who else is going to do it right? I had a bunch of coupons for Lane Bryant and so I decided to enjoy those coupons and get myself all of the clothes I've been wanting from there the last month! Do you know how much fun that is? It was like a mini shopping spree! My bill should have been $527 and I spent $160!!! Even the girl at the register was impressed! My momma taught me well! :-) (I wish I could grocery shop with coupons like that. I never seem to do as well at the grocery store.) I even bought a skirt. If you don't know me then me saying that means nothing to you. But if you do, you are more impressed by me buying a skirt than you are the price I paid for all of my clothes! I don't wear skirts. I did as a kid...when my mom used to dress me! But I haven't since. The last two times I wore a dress in the last 11 years were both for weddings. And these were weddings I was in so I didn't have a choice! But I've got two weddings to go to at the end of this summer along with a formal night at my national conference for Thirty-One so I thought I might as well. And I got a great deal. So even if I only wear it once, it's worth the money! I won't go into details about everything I bought but I will say that based on how many items I did buy, I paid about $10.66 per piece of clothing...with tax!!! Yep, even you have to say what an amazing deal that is!
I decided to continue my day of pampering by going to the theater to see Fast 6. And yes, I went by myself. Nothing like a relaxing evening with popcorn in front of a giant screen staring at some very nice looking men! I mean, there's nothing like a good movie! :-) And the best part about this movie (aside from the men in it) was that it was FREE!!! I had a gift card that I used for my admission and my popcorn. And I had a coupon for a free small drink. A day full of deals and pampering. Loved it!!! I also loved the movie! Great action scenes, as always from the Fast & Furious franchise. Story line was great deal. There was even a twist that I didn't even see coming. I think that was the point though! :-) Definitely a must see. And let me say, I'm glad that I'm the kind of girl that loves a bigger car. I have always loved a fast car. And after watching all of these Fast & Furious movies, I'm thankful for my love of a bigger car too or I'd be street racing myself! As dangerous as it is, that's a rush of adrenaline I'd love to have! The Deidramobile, though, could not handle that type of racing. Thank goodness.
I'm working on a book series review as well. Well, maybe a few. The one I know that I will be discussing in the future is You're Made for a God Sized Dream by Holley Gerth. I'm reading this one a little slower than a normal book because of it's content. But believe me, this is an amazing book!! I can't wait to tell you more about it.
Oh! Let me give you another movie review. Now You See Me. This movie didn't get a lot of press. At least not around here. But it should have. Some friends and I saw it last week and it was so good! First of all, the magic "tricks" were amazing! Of course, some of the tricks were revealed in the movie but it was still awesome to see. But the idea behind the movie was great. I highly recommend this movie. I think you'll like it!
It's summer!!! Anybody got cool plans this summer? For once, I have plans for my summer. Want to hear what I've got planned? Good thing you said yes cause I'm about to tell you anyway! My June is pretty boring. And that's fine. I'm not really a summer kind of girl so I don't have this desire to be out in the sun, chillin' by a pool...that's just not my thing. I'm more of a spring and fall girl. I don't like the excessive heat and humidity. Yuck. So other than just hanging out with friends some, my month of June is spent doing whatever I can INDOORS!! But my July is a little exciting! I signed up with Thirty-One as a consultant back in Sept. When details were released in early winter about how we could earn our admission to the National Conference for free, I decided to make that a goal! I told myself if I earned my admission, I would go. And I did!!!! So I will make the trip down to Atlanta in July for our conference!!!! And it's the 10th Anniversary of Thirty-One so I imagine that's going to make it even better!!! WOO HOO!! I am excited! I'm nervous. As I've probably stated before, I'm not as outgoing as most people think I am. I kind of clam up around people I don't know. And I won't know anyone really at this conference. And I'm rooming with people I don't know. Of all things, that probably makes me the most nervous. I'm also driving down by myself. I don't mind driving by myself. I usually like that kind of thing. But it's about an 8 hour trip. I imagine I will get bored at some point. But I'm praying about that big time. Praying for safety and that God just provides during that drive there and back. But despite my fears, I'm still excited! I'm hoping this will be the push I need to keep going further in this business with Thirty-One. I'm hoping to learn so much more about this company that I already love. Plus, before I head home that Sunday, I'm going to go to church where several members of Casting Crowns attend!!! This girl is quite excited about that!!!
Then about a week later, Mom and I will be spending some time in Michigan. And we will be seeing Justin Timberlake in concert while we are there!!! Ok. I think JT is talented. But JT is my mom's obsession, not mine! She's been BEGGING for years for us to go. Literally. And it was never something that we could do financially. But my extra income from Thirty-One provided what I needed to make this trip happen. She is so excited!! And I'm excited that she's excited!!! I have no doubt that my 71 year old mother (yep, you read that correctly) would be shaking her little butt and having an amazing time! Don't worry...there will be pictures and videos for sure!!!
I'll also get to spend a day and a half at Women of Faith which is just as exciting as all of the rest of these events. I haven't been in quite a few years but so glad I get to go again and I get to go with my best friend. Even better!!!!
I'll finish up the summer attending a few weddings. Watching people start the rest of their lives is always an amazing thing to see. Especially when you know they are starting their marriage with God as the center.
It's going to be a good summer!!!
It occurred to me yesterday that I didn't do a blog about my trip to Savanna, GA! I'll have to do that soon...post some pictures and all of that. That was definitely a trip to remember.
So yesterday was "Pamper Myself" day. That wasn't the plan. I went to work like I do every Mon-Fri. But I decided I needed to do some things for me. I mean, who else is going to do it right? I had a bunch of coupons for Lane Bryant and so I decided to enjoy those coupons and get myself all of the clothes I've been wanting from there the last month! Do you know how much fun that is? It was like a mini shopping spree! My bill should have been $527 and I spent $160!!! Even the girl at the register was impressed! My momma taught me well! :-) (I wish I could grocery shop with coupons like that. I never seem to do as well at the grocery store.) I even bought a skirt. If you don't know me then me saying that means nothing to you. But if you do, you are more impressed by me buying a skirt than you are the price I paid for all of my clothes! I don't wear skirts. I did as a kid...when my mom used to dress me! But I haven't since. The last two times I wore a dress in the last 11 years were both for weddings. And these were weddings I was in so I didn't have a choice! But I've got two weddings to go to at the end of this summer along with a formal night at my national conference for Thirty-One so I thought I might as well. And I got a great deal. So even if I only wear it once, it's worth the money! I won't go into details about everything I bought but I will say that based on how many items I did buy, I paid about $10.66 per piece of clothing...with tax!!! Yep, even you have to say what an amazing deal that is!
I decided to continue my day of pampering by going to the theater to see Fast 6. And yes, I went by myself. Nothing like a relaxing evening with popcorn in front of a giant screen staring at some very nice looking men! I mean, there's nothing like a good movie! :-) And the best part about this movie (aside from the men in it) was that it was FREE!!! I had a gift card that I used for my admission and my popcorn. And I had a coupon for a free small drink. A day full of deals and pampering. Loved it!!! I also loved the movie! Great action scenes, as always from the Fast & Furious franchise. Story line was great deal. There was even a twist that I didn't even see coming. I think that was the point though! :-) Definitely a must see. And let me say, I'm glad that I'm the kind of girl that loves a bigger car. I have always loved a fast car. And after watching all of these Fast & Furious movies, I'm thankful for my love of a bigger car too or I'd be street racing myself! As dangerous as it is, that's a rush of adrenaline I'd love to have! The Deidramobile, though, could not handle that type of racing. Thank goodness.
I'm working on a book series review as well. Well, maybe a few. The one I know that I will be discussing in the future is You're Made for a God Sized Dream by Holley Gerth. I'm reading this one a little slower than a normal book because of it's content. But believe me, this is an amazing book!! I can't wait to tell you more about it.
Oh! Let me give you another movie review. Now You See Me. This movie didn't get a lot of press. At least not around here. But it should have. Some friends and I saw it last week and it was so good! First of all, the magic "tricks" were amazing! Of course, some of the tricks were revealed in the movie but it was still awesome to see. But the idea behind the movie was great. I highly recommend this movie. I think you'll like it!
It's summer!!! Anybody got cool plans this summer? For once, I have plans for my summer. Want to hear what I've got planned? Good thing you said yes cause I'm about to tell you anyway! My June is pretty boring. And that's fine. I'm not really a summer kind of girl so I don't have this desire to be out in the sun, chillin' by a pool...that's just not my thing. I'm more of a spring and fall girl. I don't like the excessive heat and humidity. Yuck. So other than just hanging out with friends some, my month of June is spent doing whatever I can INDOORS!! But my July is a little exciting! I signed up with Thirty-One as a consultant back in Sept. When details were released in early winter about how we could earn our admission to the National Conference for free, I decided to make that a goal! I told myself if I earned my admission, I would go. And I did!!!! So I will make the trip down to Atlanta in July for our conference!!!! And it's the 10th Anniversary of Thirty-One so I imagine that's going to make it even better!!! WOO HOO!! I am excited! I'm nervous. As I've probably stated before, I'm not as outgoing as most people think I am. I kind of clam up around people I don't know. And I won't know anyone really at this conference. And I'm rooming with people I don't know. Of all things, that probably makes me the most nervous. I'm also driving down by myself. I don't mind driving by myself. I usually like that kind of thing. But it's about an 8 hour trip. I imagine I will get bored at some point. But I'm praying about that big time. Praying for safety and that God just provides during that drive there and back. But despite my fears, I'm still excited! I'm hoping this will be the push I need to keep going further in this business with Thirty-One. I'm hoping to learn so much more about this company that I already love. Plus, before I head home that Sunday, I'm going to go to church where several members of Casting Crowns attend!!! This girl is quite excited about that!!!
Then about a week later, Mom and I will be spending some time in Michigan. And we will be seeing Justin Timberlake in concert while we are there!!! Ok. I think JT is talented. But JT is my mom's obsession, not mine! She's been BEGGING for years for us to go. Literally. And it was never something that we could do financially. But my extra income from Thirty-One provided what I needed to make this trip happen. She is so excited!! And I'm excited that she's excited!!! I have no doubt that my 71 year old mother (yep, you read that correctly) would be shaking her little butt and having an amazing time! Don't worry...there will be pictures and videos for sure!!!
I'll also get to spend a day and a half at Women of Faith which is just as exciting as all of the rest of these events. I haven't been in quite a few years but so glad I get to go again and I get to go with my best friend. Even better!!!!
I'll finish up the summer attending a few weddings. Watching people start the rest of their lives is always an amazing thing to see. Especially when you know they are starting their marriage with God as the center.
It's going to be a good summer!!!
Comments