Even I'm surprised by how long it's been since I've posted! It's not that I haven't wanted to. Somewhere along the way, I just lost the time to do it! I blame The Hunger Games!! I'm blaming the Hunger Games for a lot of things!!! It was right around the beginning of March that I decided I needed to read the series. I had heard so much about it. Plus the movie was coming out so I needed to know what all of this hype was about. I never imagined I'd ever get sucked into it!! I read all 3 books in 3 weeks! I wanted to call in to work just to read! (Don't worry-I didn't!) I stayed up late to read. I skipped making dinner. I even quit looking at Pinterest!!!! And who needs to vacuum when there's a good book to be read??? I couldn't put the series down! Thank goodness for my Nook. Those books went with me EVERYWHERE just in case I had a chance to read a page or two!!! And thanks to The Hunger Games, I got back into reading BIG TIME! (I guess that's a positive thing really!) So as soon as I finished that series (I was sad to see it end), I started this book called Divergent by Veronica Roth. OH MY GOODNESS!! I had that read within a week! That was at the beginning of April! This is also part of a series but unfortunately, the second one doesn't come out until the beginning of May (just a little while longer, thank goodness). But I didn't want to give up my reading!! So I decided to read The Lucky One since that movie was coming out as well. I have to say, I had a harder time getting into that one. But I think it was because it wasn't full of constant action and teenage drama!!! It was still a very good book! Nicholas Sparks knows just how to tug at your heart! OOOH!!!! And let me blame my friend Lisa too!!! So while I'm reading The Lucky One, I mention to her that I still need something else so she tells me she can lend me My Blood Approves on my Nook. It's about vampires and since the Twilight series, I've liked the whole idea of vampires. Now, don't get me wrong. As far as the Twilight series goes, I'm a Jacob fan. I mean, seriously, how can you not like Taylor Lautner! Anyway...so I thought I'd give this book a try. So it is all her fault that I'm still on this reading kick!!! I finished the second one in the series last night and I seriously debated on texting Lisa around 11:15pm just to see if she could approve my lend request so I could hurry up and read more!!! But then I decided that it was kind of late and everyone needed to be up for work so maybe sleeping was a better idea. Believe me, as soon as I saw her today I was bugging her about that lend request!! But I guess if I'm going to have a habit, then reading really isn't a bad one to have!
On top of my renewed reading addiction, I've gotten back into my photography big time. I took my tax refund this year and invested in a Nikon D5100. I've never owned a DSLR camera but I heard they were good. I had no idea I'd fall in love with it thought the way that I have!! Oh my goodness!! I finished my friend's daughter's senior pictures in March. Even I have to say I was impressed!!!
Kallie is beautiful so it makes taking her picture even easier! But still, I was quite impressed with what the camera could do and what I could do with the camera! So I've been working hard on getting my name out there and trying to get more people interested in Heavenly Creations. I've got quite a few wonderful friends who have already asked me to do some pictures for them and I'm hoping that those photos will bring me even more business!!
I just ordered the "umbrella lights" (that's what I call them anyway). A friend of mine made me a backdrop stand a few months ago but I just ordered the backdrop this week. I got both of those on Friday!!! And due to a malfunction with the camera that our spring photographer used here at the daycare this year, our class pics have to be retaken. So I'm doing those!! I'm much more nervous about that than you can even imagine! But I'm hoping that goes well and some of those families will ask me to do their pictures. I love my job. I love what I do! But I love photography as well and I'm hoping its something that can fill in my free time (along with reading of course)!
**Here's an important note. I started this blog on 4/26/12 I do believe. It's now 5/10/12. Wow. How pitiful is that?? I'm now on the 4th book of the My Blood Approves series and I started the second book in the Divergent series! I thought you'd appreciate that little update!**
Let me say that our class pictures went well! I was pretty nervous the night before but there was no need. Because the kids know me, they did pretty well! Of course, you can't get every kid to smile all at the same time but the pictures still turned out cute. (I can't post them here though because I didn't have permission from all of the parents...you'll just have to trust me on that one!)
I recently posted some of my wedding invitation designs onto ebay. I'm hoping to get back into that as well. So pass the word!!
Life is busy. It's just that time of year but it's a good busy so I will not complain. I like it! I'd like a vacation too but I won't be picky!!
On top of my renewed reading addiction, I've gotten back into my photography big time. I took my tax refund this year and invested in a Nikon D5100. I've never owned a DSLR camera but I heard they were good. I had no idea I'd fall in love with it thought the way that I have!! Oh my goodness!! I finished my friend's daughter's senior pictures in March. Even I have to say I was impressed!!!
Kallie is beautiful so it makes taking her picture even easier! But still, I was quite impressed with what the camera could do and what I could do with the camera! So I've been working hard on getting my name out there and trying to get more people interested in Heavenly Creations. I've got quite a few wonderful friends who have already asked me to do some pictures for them and I'm hoping that those photos will bring me even more business!!
I just ordered the "umbrella lights" (that's what I call them anyway). A friend of mine made me a backdrop stand a few months ago but I just ordered the backdrop this week. I got both of those on Friday!!! And due to a malfunction with the camera that our spring photographer used here at the daycare this year, our class pics have to be retaken. So I'm doing those!! I'm much more nervous about that than you can even imagine! But I'm hoping that goes well and some of those families will ask me to do their pictures. I love my job. I love what I do! But I love photography as well and I'm hoping its something that can fill in my free time (along with reading of course)!
**Here's an important note. I started this blog on 4/26/12 I do believe. It's now 5/10/12. Wow. How pitiful is that?? I'm now on the 4th book of the My Blood Approves series and I started the second book in the Divergent series! I thought you'd appreciate that little update!**
Let me say that our class pictures went well! I was pretty nervous the night before but there was no need. Because the kids know me, they did pretty well! Of course, you can't get every kid to smile all at the same time but the pictures still turned out cute. (I can't post them here though because I didn't have permission from all of the parents...you'll just have to trust me on that one!)
I recently posted some of my wedding invitation designs onto ebay. I'm hoping to get back into that as well. So pass the word!!
Life is busy. It's just that time of year but it's a good busy so I will not complain. I like it! I'd like a vacation too but I won't be picky!!


Comments