I think I'm just going to babble for a little bit. How excited are you? Ha! Not very! It's been awhile since I've written and I have a TON of things going on in my head. So I figure I'll just write some of my thoughts and go from there. Sorry if they don't make much sense!
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I must say, I've done my best at avoiding the Valentine's Day crowds...the men standing in the card section acting as if this day has snuck up on them...all of the lovey dovey couples out to dinner...and the movies...Can I barf now??????? I don't just say that cause I'm single (and usually am for this stupid holiday). I'm also saying it cause it seems like this major holiday...and it's really not!!! I mean, seriously, the stuff has been out since the day after Christmas. There's red and pink everywhere!!! I'm not against celebrating love. I'm against making it some day where women end up sad cause they don't have someone or mad cause their man didn't get them what they wanted. I'm against men having to feel as if they don't get this right, it will end the whole relationship! Come on, people! Give me a break! I am a hopeless romantic. I love the idea of being swept off of my feet and meeting Mr. Right. But I'm also a pretty simple girl. I'm the girl that wants to receive a card on a random Wed...just cause Mr. Right saw the card and thought of me. I'm the girl that wants to spend an evening just watching a movie...cause the thought of fighting the crowds seems ridiculous. I'm the girl who wants a simple text letting me know I'm being thought of. Don't get me wrong...the cute little stuff animals, the dozen of roses...they're all wonderful. But why do we need a day during the year to remind us to do these things? Shouldn't we do these things no matter what the day...for our friends, family, significant other...just so they know how much they mean to us??? Wouldn't it be nice if that's the way the world worked???
I've been making small changes to my apartment. There's nothing wrong with my couch. Except that it's not the prettiest couch either. But it was given to me. And I do love it!!! But the colors...blue and pink stripes...just not my thing. But I must admit...it matches. Cause I have a pink chair on side of the living room and a blue one on the other. I didn't want to buy new furniture. Cause again, there's nothing wrong with what I have. It's comfy. Just not the colors I would chose. So I decided to get a slip cover for my couch. Cheaper!!! So I got a brown slip cover and some new pillows and I love it!!! I didn't plan to get a new rug for the living room but I came across a brown, purple and beige rug that I fell in love with and it was only $20!!! So I got pillow to match that! I also decided to get a new end table. I didn't have one by my couch...which is where I sit almost all of the time. I wanted something simple but with a drawer. So I put that together last weekend. I also bought a short little 3-drawer dresser for my room right beside my bed. I needed some more storage and I needed something to hold my cell and remotes at night. They have been just on the floor every evening since I moved in. I put the dresser together yesterday! It's been a long time since I've put together things like that. I also bought a new coffee table that is currently sitting in the box in the corner of my living room. It's so cute. But it looks like something that could be very hard to put together! I know I should try tonight. I'm just chickening out. Ugh.
It's warming up around here. THANK GOODNESS!! I'm ready for this snow to be gone!!! I can finally see the bottom step leading outside. It's been covered in inches of ice for a week and a half. A shovel just couldn't take care of it. As of a few hours ago, I could see half of the step and actually step on it!!! Exciting!!! It's supposed to get near 50 degrees later in the week. The car will be getting washed. It's a disaster...inside and out. I'm ready for spring. Simple as that. But since I live in Ohio, I know that it doesn't really matter what the groundhog saw. Winter could last until April so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Oh! I designed a card for my friend Sarah's church. Her and her parents and brother are pastors at a church a few hours from here and they wanted some cards that they could send out to people. Blank on the inside but they had a pretty good idea of what they wanted on the outside. They sent me a pic of what they were looking for and after a little time (cause life got a little busier than I planned) and some changes, this is what we came up with!!! They say they love them and have ideas for their next order! My plan is to post these on my Heavenly Creations site so that people can see and maybe even order them (of course they're customizable).
(By the way, the pics aren't the greatest in this post because they're all taken with my phone. I didn't take the real camera out for this post! Sorry!)
I've been doing a lot of reading. I just finished Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury about a week or so ago. I love her books but that was by far, her best...in my opinion!!! I'm loving my Nook!!! Great invention! I'm reading Evermore on that. And I'm currently reading Kiss by Ted Dekker. It's so hard to put down! But I was nice and put it down in order to do this post! (Count yourselves lucky...or unlucky depending on how you feel about my babbling.)
There's really not a whole lot more to report on as far as I'm concerned. Nothing exciting to report. I'm still me! (Again, not sure whether you feel lucky or unlucky about that.) Still busy with work. I enjoy my quiet evenings though curled up on my couch. Speaking of which, I have some shows to catch up on before the Grammy's tonight. So I'm off to do that. I could be back to babble later!!! We shall see!
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I must say, I've done my best at avoiding the Valentine's Day crowds...the men standing in the card section acting as if this day has snuck up on them...all of the lovey dovey couples out to dinner...and the movies...Can I barf now??????? I don't just say that cause I'm single (and usually am for this stupid holiday). I'm also saying it cause it seems like this major holiday...and it's really not!!! I mean, seriously, the stuff has been out since the day after Christmas. There's red and pink everywhere!!! I'm not against celebrating love. I'm against making it some day where women end up sad cause they don't have someone or mad cause their man didn't get them what they wanted. I'm against men having to feel as if they don't get this right, it will end the whole relationship! Come on, people! Give me a break! I am a hopeless romantic. I love the idea of being swept off of my feet and meeting Mr. Right. But I'm also a pretty simple girl. I'm the girl that wants to receive a card on a random Wed...just cause Mr. Right saw the card and thought of me. I'm the girl that wants to spend an evening just watching a movie...cause the thought of fighting the crowds seems ridiculous. I'm the girl who wants a simple text letting me know I'm being thought of. Don't get me wrong...the cute little stuff animals, the dozen of roses...they're all wonderful. But why do we need a day during the year to remind us to do these things? Shouldn't we do these things no matter what the day...for our friends, family, significant other...just so they know how much they mean to us??? Wouldn't it be nice if that's the way the world worked???
I've been making small changes to my apartment. There's nothing wrong with my couch. Except that it's not the prettiest couch either. But it was given to me. And I do love it!!! But the colors...blue and pink stripes...just not my thing. But I must admit...it matches. Cause I have a pink chair on side of the living room and a blue one on the other. I didn't want to buy new furniture. Cause again, there's nothing wrong with what I have. It's comfy. Just not the colors I would chose. So I decided to get a slip cover for my couch. Cheaper!!! So I got a brown slip cover and some new pillows and I love it!!! I didn't plan to get a new rug for the living room but I came across a brown, purple and beige rug that I fell in love with and it was only $20!!! So I got pillow to match that! I also decided to get a new end table. I didn't have one by my couch...which is where I sit almost all of the time. I wanted something simple but with a drawer. So I put that together last weekend. I also bought a short little 3-drawer dresser for my room right beside my bed. I needed some more storage and I needed something to hold my cell and remotes at night. They have been just on the floor every evening since I moved in. I put the dresser together yesterday! It's been a long time since I've put together things like that. I also bought a new coffee table that is currently sitting in the box in the corner of my living room. It's so cute. But it looks like something that could be very hard to put together! I know I should try tonight. I'm just chickening out. Ugh.
It's warming up around here. THANK GOODNESS!! I'm ready for this snow to be gone!!! I can finally see the bottom step leading outside. It's been covered in inches of ice for a week and a half. A shovel just couldn't take care of it. As of a few hours ago, I could see half of the step and actually step on it!!! Exciting!!! It's supposed to get near 50 degrees later in the week. The car will be getting washed. It's a disaster...inside and out. I'm ready for spring. Simple as that. But since I live in Ohio, I know that it doesn't really matter what the groundhog saw. Winter could last until April so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Oh! I designed a card for my friend Sarah's church. Her and her parents and brother are pastors at a church a few hours from here and they wanted some cards that they could send out to people. Blank on the inside but they had a pretty good idea of what they wanted on the outside. They sent me a pic of what they were looking for and after a little time (cause life got a little busier than I planned) and some changes, this is what we came up with!!! They say they love them and have ideas for their next order! My plan is to post these on my Heavenly Creations site so that people can see and maybe even order them (of course they're customizable).
(By the way, the pics aren't the greatest in this post because they're all taken with my phone. I didn't take the real camera out for this post! Sorry!)
I've been doing a lot of reading. I just finished Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury about a week or so ago. I love her books but that was by far, her best...in my opinion!!! I'm loving my Nook!!! Great invention! I'm reading Evermore on that. And I'm currently reading Kiss by Ted Dekker. It's so hard to put down! But I was nice and put it down in order to do this post! (Count yourselves lucky...or unlucky depending on how you feel about my babbling.)
There's really not a whole lot more to report on as far as I'm concerned. Nothing exciting to report. I'm still me! (Again, not sure whether you feel lucky or unlucky about that.) Still busy with work. I enjoy my quiet evenings though curled up on my couch. Speaking of which, I have some shows to catch up on before the Grammy's tonight. So I'm off to do that. I could be back to babble later!!! We shall see!


Comments
& I am sooo happy you posted the cards on here! I think the overall concept of them could be used for many different occasions! I know I cannot wait to send out my first one from the church! Soooo much thanks for making them for us. :o)