Skip to main content

You've Asked...

Long time, no see!  I know.  I make a comment every time I blog about how long it's been.  One of these days I'm going to do better, I just know it!

There's a reason for this blog!  I'm not just going to sit here and babble.  OK.  Let's be honest; that may happen.  But that's not my plan.  I've had quite a few people ask me about my journey with Thirty-One so far and I thought this may be an easy way to do it.  This way, if you want to read it, you can!   You can skim through it.  You can pretend it doesn't even exist!  It's all up to you!

As most of you know, I've been buying Thirty-One products for the last couple of years.  Have you ever heard of Thirty-One?  Oh my goodness.  These are the best totes, bags, purses and accessories EVER.  I was saying that BEFORE I signed up with them.  I loved the patterns.  I loved how easily they cleaned up.  I'm a tote type of girl anyway.  I don't really carry purses.  I mean, I own them.  You'll see one every once in awhile but I usually just have my money stuffed in my back pocket.  So it wasn't the purses I fell in love with.  And truth be told, I'd buy a new tote bag every month if I could!  They had patterns that fit who I am.  They had designs that I just thought were perfect!  It didn't take my long to fall in love with everything Thirty-One. 

So I spent probably a year and a half...maybe almost two years, having catalog parties.  Why catalog parties you ask?  Well, first of all, my apartment was a little small.  I didn't feel like I could have a nice size party in my house.  But the other reason was that the consultant lived in Florida.  Didn't seem reasonable to ask her to fly up here for a party!  Even now, I still haven't physically met this consultant.  But oh my gosh, was Melissa amazing!  Everything about my catalog parties went so smoothly simply because she was here for me.  And so every time a new catalog came out, I was having another party. 

Melissa had mentioned to me the idea of me becoming a consultant a few times but she never pushed it.  My answer was usually "I just don't have the time."  As you know, I work full time.  I just didn't think I had the time.  But last January, I started to give it some more thought.  Even then, though, I thought, "this just won't be something I can do."  The new catalog came out this past fall, and as usually, I wanted one of everything.  But this time, I asked Melissa a few more questions about becoming a consultant and what I would need to do.  It sounded easy enough but...

So I decided to just pray about it.  I'll be honest, I hadn't done any praying about it before.  But this time I did.  And it was clear to me that I should give this a try.  I wasn't trying to start a new career.  It was just an opportunity to do something different.  And what a better way than selling things I LOVE as well as being able to openly talk about my relationship with God.  This company was based on a faith in God.  Proverbs 31.  So I surprised Melissa and I signed up. 

Oh, was I nervous!  I was excited about the kit.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on all of those products!  But I kept thinking, "I am going to pass out the first time I do a home show."  Yeah, I may sound outgoing on this blog and once you get to know me, I am.  It's before that.  That's when I stumble over my words.  I get the knots in my stomach.  I just want to hide.  I hate talking in front of groups of people (whether I know you or not).  And the thought of a "presentation" scared me!  AHHHH!!!  Even now, I get a little freaked out an hour or two before a show.  My heart races.  My palms sweat.  I survive but still. 

September was actually pretty busy for me work wise.  So I didn't really start on my journey with Thirty-One until the end of September.  My first party was just a simple catalog party.  For it to qualify as a party, it just simply needed to equal $200 in sales.  I figured that wouldn't be too hard and I'd be ok.  I doubled that.  Once I was really talking to people about Thirty-One and what they could use the bags for, things took off!  I sold over $1500 in the month of October!  I was blown away!  And so thankful!  Plus, I was earning incentives!  Purple ones at that (purple is my favorite color)! 

I don't know what your Christmas is like, but mine can be tight sometimes.  No, I don't have kids and I don't have tons of nieces and nephews to buy for.  But I still like to be able to buy things for those in my life.  But this year, thanks to Thirty-One, I was able to buy all of my Christmas gifts WITHOUT the use of a credit card.  Everything was cash.  How amazing would that feel?  I mean, even if your spending for Christmas is higher than mine, how nice would it be to have $500 or more less on your credit card?  It's a good feeling!  And not only was I able to do that for Christmas, I was able to give my parents some extra money for Christmas.  Now that feeling was the best!!!  I've never been able to do that before!!!!  And just recently, my brakes went bad in the Deidramobile and usually I would be beyond stressed trying to figure out where that money was coming from.  But that wasn't the case this time! 

I've started 2013 with some goals in mind.  It isn't really about a specific amount of money.  It's about what I can do this year.  There's some traveling I want to do that I wouldn't be able to do on the income I make at the daycare.  And so I'm praying that this added income will allow me to do some extra things this year.  That includes a trip down to Atlanta, Georgia for our National Conference.  I've passed through Atlanta a few times but never stopped in.  So this would be exciting for me!  (And my camera!) 

I really feel like God has blessed with this opportunity.  And I am so thankful for it.  Who knows if I'll still be doing it 10 years from now.  All I know is that right now, I love it.  I'm thankful for what it's given me over the last few months.  I'm thankful for the people it's put in my life.  I'm thankful for it getting me out of my comfort zone.  I know God has a plan for my life through this company and I'm excited to see where He leads me! 

And if this is something that you think may interest you, I'd love to tell you more about it!  Thirty-One truly is an amazing company that puts God first.  This isn't about a bag.  It's about women and their dreams and the life God has given us to live to the fullest.  So just give it some thought!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Me

New year, new me. Who says that? Ok, a lot of people so no offense if you’re one of them.  But I like me. Sure, I’m not perfect. But I don’t want to really change all of me.  So no silly quote like that for me! It is hard to believe that 2019 is here. The older I get, the quicker time flies by.  I do remember being told that when I was a teenager.  Those people were so right.  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting in my quiet house while Johanna was off with friends celebrating the start of 2018.  But that was a year ago.  Today, I’m still sitting in my quiet house but that’s because Karyna is just waking up for the day.   A few years ago, I used to work on videos that would highlight my year.  I loved doing them but they took time.  And that’s time that I don’t have as much of these days.  It’s hard to go through a year of pictures and videos.  Do you know how many pictures I take a year?  My goodness!...

Friday Follow

How come when it's time to do the Friday Follow, I have nothing interesting to say??? Hmmmm...it's been a long week.  Days where things just didn't make sense.  Lots I need to process.  It's possible that all of my thinking will lead to a great post this weekend.  But for now, I just hope all of you new visitors find something interesting to read from other posts here.  I plan to spend this rainy weekend doing some thinking, relaxing, watching movies and checking out new blogs!  Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, right?  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

New Cards!!!

So between resting this weekend (cause my allergies kicked my butt...especially yesterday), I worked on making some cards.  It's been SO long since I've actually spent time doing something like this and I LOVE making cards!  So I wanted to share them with you.  I made 20 cards total.  2 each of 10 designs.  So now there's two sets of friendship cards.  I think I'm going to try to sell one set.  Then I think give the other set away.  I'm just not sure how.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking if you leave a comment about the cards you'll be entered to win.  If you buy one set of cards, you'll also be entered to win.  Hows that sound?